Why the tea party movement is so frightening...

yeah...okay douchebag.... let me know when you want to have an adult discussion.. or when the pimples clear up and your voice lowers...

Thank you, George.

Gov.-George-Wallace.jpg

Way to go dumazz..... Dont worry todays the day you will get lucky on here..:lol::lol:

Dude you are a wasted vote....

Nothing is more patently insulting in this country then telling someone that their vote is a "wasted vote". Why, because I don't vote the way you want me to vote? Then what is the fucking point of voting?

We are all entitled to one vote in this country. The fact that any person on this board spends more time than someone who snap votes (that is to say simply walks into the booth and pulls the level based on political ads, etc) means that we've done more due diligence than the vast majority of the country. You many not like the way I vote, but you can't say I am "wasting my vote". Who are you to make that determination anyways?

Do you have to work at being this moronic?

You vote the way your preferred media tells you, with no further thought or even bothering to look for yourself.

What is my "preferred media"? I already told you that I don't watch cable news, and yet you keep tossing out these lame accusations. So, since you know me so well, why don't you tell me where I get my news from?

And whats worse is you admit it and then deny its a problem.. You admit each will have its own slant but you pretend its not an issue with you or your side.. Hows that ?[/qutoe]

I am honest enough to recognize that bias is inherent to everything. Do you think you are getting the 100% version of the truth from your teabagging goon mouth-pieces? What about the teabag favorite, Sarah Palin? She's famous for bad info.

Seriously just spare us the trouble and give your vote to real concerned citizens who want to understand the truth of what they support or oppose.

Why would I give my vote to someone that is going to support everything I disagree with? I mean, that's basically your point, isn't it? I shouldn't vote, because you don't like my opinions? Or are you going to further amuse me by acting like only you and your fellow teabaggers get the straight shit without "bias"? If it's the former, be honest enough to just say it. If it's the latter, you are a complete dumb ass.

My vote is my right as an American. On top of that, my happy ass got to go to Afghanistan for a year, so I think any claims that I don't deserve my vote are idiotic.

Once again, try and get that through your abnormally thick chromed cranium.

Dude.

Wading through the schoolyard taunts and insults, here, and finding a nugget or too of wisdom or at least debatable points expressed.

So Geauxtohell, I find myself agreeing that most people who say we shouldn't vote are sayng so because they think we won't vote for the candidate they want to win. And you defend yourself not only in your Constitutional right to vote for whomever you choose, but also in your Constitutional right to choose that person using whatever information is available to you.

So help me understand here. (Others can chime in too of course.)

Why are so many here convinced that the Tea Partiers are rightwing fringers who have not adequately informed themselves and are educated by rote from whatever sources are apparently most objectionable to the Tea Party critics?

Do they think everybody opposed to policies of the current Administration and the Democratically controlled Congress are uninformed idiots? Have none looked at the issues and drawn informed conclusions?

If the Tea Partiers used the same sources that inform their critics, would they think like and agree with their critics?

Last edited:
Thank you, George.

Gov.-George-Wallace.jpg

Way to go dumazz..... Dont worry todays the day you will get lucky on here..:lol::lol:

It would be helpful if your put-downs had meaning to others beside yourself. :popcorn:

LOL, dude you posted a shirtless avatar pic of yourself, now your avatar is shirtless men... Advertising something or what?.. Thats why i said today is the day you will get lucky on here.. Thats the problem with insulting an idiot, the idiot thinks everyone else is as idiotic as he is...:lol:

Wading through the schoolyard taunts and insults, here, and finding a nugget or too of wisdom or at least debatable points expressed.

So Geauxtohell, I find myself agreeing that most people who say we shouldn't vote are sayng so because they think we won't vote for the candidate they want to win. And you defend yourself not only in your Constitutional right to vote for whomever you choose, but also in your Constitutional right to choose that person using whatever information is available to you.

Why are so many here convinced that the Tea Partiers are rightwing fringers who have not adequately informed themselves and are educated by rote from whatever sources are apparently most objectionable to the Tea Party critics?

Do they think everybody opposed to policies of the current Administration and the Democratically controlled Congress are uninformed idiots? Have none looked at the issues and drawn informed conclusions?

If the Tea Partiers used the same sources that inform their critics, would they think like and agree with their critics?

Tea Baggers are somewhat affluent, white people, whose goal is to hang on to whatever they have as they age and watch their lives slipping away. These are not people who are used to losing, and they put everything they had into Bush and McCain. Well, they lost, and lost big,
(see the map in my signature).

They are bitter. They have no where to go. Their party has no defined leadership. They feel "their" country is slipping away from them. Well, their ideas are out of touch with reality in today's America.

They are Tea Baggers clawing desperately to prevail. They can not accept that they are just sore losers, who are falling back on racism to justify their situation. America has a black president, and their world is falling apart. Frankly, after the way they have treated us independents I am enjoying the idea that "what goes around, comes around."

IMG_8866-780259.JPG

Cuddly little bunch, these Tea Baggers, huh?

Last edited:
Dude you are a wasted vote....

Nothing is more patently insulting in this country then telling someone that their vote is a "wasted vote". Why, because I don't vote the way you want me to vote? Then what is the fucking point of voting?

We are all entitled to one vote in this country. The fact that any person on this board spends more time than someone who snap votes (that is to say simply walks into the booth and pulls the level based on political ads, etc) means that we've done more due diligence than the vast majority of the country. You many not like the way I vote, but you can't say I am "wasting my vote". Who are you to make that determination anyways?

Do you have to work at being this moronic?

You vote the way your preferred media tells you, with no further thought or even bothering to look for yourself.

What is my "preferred media"? I already told you that I don't watch cable news, and yet you keep tossing out these lame accusations. So, since you know me so well, why don't you tell me where I get my news from?

And whats worse is you admit it and then deny its a problem.. You admit each will have its own slant but you pretend its not an issue with you or your side.. Hows that ?[/qutoe]

I am honest enough to recognize that bias is inherent to everything. Do you think you are getting the 100% version of the truth from your teabagging goon mouth-pieces? What about the teabag favorite, Sarah Palin? She's famous for bad info.

Seriously just spare us the trouble and give your vote to real concerned citizens who want to understand the truth of what they support or oppose.

Why would I give my vote to someone that is going to support everything I disagree with? I mean, that's basically your point, isn't it? I shouldn't vote, because you don't like my opinions? Or are you going to further amuse me by acting like only you and your fellow teabaggers get the straight shit without "bias"? If it's the former, be honest enough to just say it. If it's the latter, you are a complete dumb ass.

My vote is my right as an American. On top of that, my happy ass got to go to Afghanistan for a year, so I think any claims that I don't deserve my vote are idiotic.

Once again, try and get that through your abnormally thick chromed cranium.

Dude.

You already surrender your vote to your perceived betters... You go along with your political party period... They say the tea partys are full of hate and you don't bother to check you just figure it must be so and go along with it...

Thats my entire point.. I'm not asking you to vote the way I want you to, I want you to use your freaking head for more than a liberal PR storage device...

I don't tell ya not to vote because of YOUR opinions, I tell ya not to vote because yours comes straight from MSNBC. They aren't your opinions based on anything real they are MSNBC's opinions. And please spare me the douchebag reply about you don't watch MSNBC, its a name I used, could have used CNN, or Democracy Now! or the Huffpost, its all the same...

You have the ability to go and see for yourself about tea parties, and you flatly refused to do so, stating you didn't need to... Why is that? I mean isn't it responsible citizenship to not take political agendas or the word of politicians and biased media and look for yourself whenever you can?

If this were something you were unable to find out about on your own, thats one, but thats not thee case at all. You just refuse to do so. Why is that? Is it laziness? or is it a fear that you may find your party and their supportive media have been lying to you?

From your response I say its a little bit of both.....

Last edited:
Kind of goes both ways, doesn't it?

We are afraid of the Tea Party, they are afraid of liberals and Obama.
It is called politics.

Here is the difference and I like being on this side of the fence..

We are" affraid" of the tea baggers...? ok..

They are affraid of the people who are in control of the white house and the president of the united states.

I would rather be on my side.

Oh and us being affraid of he baggers? the republicans are distancing themselves from them. Look what they did to Ol Rand and remember the MA. hero...lol Look how the baggers are treating him. The real repblicans want nothing to do with them. Nothing.

Ol Sarah is a hero for them and that says everything. We "fear" baggers? lol They are rudderless. (Well, except for Armey.)

Last edited:
Also, people who used the phrase "Tea Baggers" are fucking morons

Is that why the government, and CNN took a death threat on Anderson Cooper for using the words "Tea Bagger" so seriously. Tea Bagger racisim and classism represent a threat to all Americans. Tea Baggers should be dealt with as terrorists.

Teabagger
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Further information: Tea Party movement and Tea Party protests

....The verb to "tea bag", hence "tea bagger", to describe these protesters has been used by several pundits and journalists after it appeared self-referentially on signs at Tea Party rallies, distributed by "FReeRepublic.Com". Anderson Cooper apologized for using the term. Ridiculing the movement has produced death threats......

6a00d83451af9f69e201157027036f970b-500wi

Tea Baggers are somewhat affluent, white people, whose goal is to hang on to whatever they have as they age and watch their lives slipping away. These are not people who are used to losing, and they put everything they had into Bush and McCain. Well, they lost, and lost big,

They are bitter. They have no where to go. Their party has no defined leadership. They feel "their" country is slipping away from them. Well, their ideas are out of touch with reality in today's America.

They are Tea Baggers clawing desperately to prevail. They can not accept that they are just sore losers, who are falling back on racism to justify their situation. America has a black president, and their world is falling apart. Frankly, after the way they have treated us independents I am enjoying the idea that "what goes around, comes around."

IMG_8866-780259.JPG

Ok so you also parrot MSNBC and the other liberal media and then try and pretend you're not???

So far most of the response from the left has been this same thing over and over. You say you are informed on this, you say you know all about the tea party movement. yet in reality all you know is what you get from liberal media..... If ya knew anything else you wouldn't parrot them and all your posts wouldn't repeat the same tired old rhetoric and PR nonsense...

Another person too lazy or too cowardly to see for themselves.... Thank you so much for this mindless "do as you're told" attitude.... Just don't gripe or bullshit and excuse it later when you find they were wrong... Pathetic....:lol:

It is called politics.

They are affraid of the people who are in control of the white house and the president of the united states.

Oh and us being affraid of he baggers? the republicans are distancing themselves from them. Look what they did to Ol Rand and remember the MA. hero...lol Look how the baggers are treating him. The real repblicans want nothing to do with them. Nothing.

Ol Sarah is a hero for them and that says everything. We "fear" baggers? lol They are rudderless. (Well, except for Armey.)

Afraid? No you and your liberal/progressives are petrified of free thought... A few years ago when Congress passed the patriot act, you weasels cried like babies and blamed the Bush Admin exclusively. Now that your president and congress are in they suddenly forget the patriot act... Yeah fucking fakes.... What was all that talk about repealing it, or revising or revoking it.. Hypocrites don't even realize how they have been duped, yet they are going to judge people based on the claims of the same media who got them in a frenzy over the patriot act, and now that the other party is in power they go deathly quiet on it...:lol:

IMG_8866-780259.JPG

Ok so you also parrot MSNBC and the other liberal media and then try and pretend you're not???

So far most of the response from the left has been this same thing over and over. You say you are informed on this, you say you know all about the tea party movement. yet in reality all you know is what you get from liberal media..... If ya knew anything else you wouldn't parrot them and all your posts wouldn't repeat the same tired old rhetoric and PR nonsense...

Another person too lazy or too cowardly to see for themselves.... Thank you so much for this mindless "do as you're told" attitude.... Just don't gripe or bullshit and excuse it later when you find they were wrong... Pathetic....:lol:

Yup. Any time I see somebody describing the Tea Partiers as 'bitter' or 'affluent white folks', I know you're dealing with somebody brainwashed by the Left who doesn't have a clue who the Tea Partiers are or what they are all about. Many Tea Partiers are by no means 'affluent' though I'm guessing they are probably better educated than your average leftwing protesters. And they sure as hell aren't bitter. You won't find company with more civil, gregarious, accommodating, inclusive, optimistic, and pleasant people anywhere.

But they are angry at what some would do to this country. And they are determined to do what they can to preserve and/or restrore what they believe is the best that is in this country. And all of you had better pray to God or whatever you worship that they succeed. If they don't, I don't think you're going to like what you wind up with.

It is called politics.

Tea partiers are afraid of the people who control the White House because they are dishonest crooks. You should be afraid of them, too. The fact that you aren't tells me you think tranny is just fine and dandy.

But that's not news.

Everyday I see a knew article in the news or a new post here on USMB regarding the tea party, partiers, whatever. I have noticed something very strange.... I see very little positive threads started on them, and far too many negative ones. of all the negative ones I have seen, the most of them are decidedly left sided, and prone to exaggerations, misleading claims, and outright lies about what they are doing or represent....

Most of the time the threads about the tea party movement resort to calling the partiers ignorant hicks, uneducated, or racist hate-filled mobs of angry people all trying to intimidate or threaten. I wonder if this were true, why has there not been any arrests or riots yet? All we see or hear are these extreme claims and yet nothing regarding what was done about it.. What is there no Cops at these things? Are there no security or anti-tea partiers to at least give a counter argument? I mean if half the things we hear are true, why are they still walking around free? This leads me to believe there is far more propaganda than truth in these claims.

Also, I wonder if they really are so ignorant and uneducated, and their meetings so filled with mindless hate; why do they fear them so much? I mean in order to dedicate so much time to attack something one must have a good reason for it.. And the only good reason I can imagine must have some sort of fear involved... Fear of dissent, fear of racial hatred, fear of crazy uneducated folk with guns, fear of something... And if it is fear, why all the fear?

Indeed what is to fear in groups of so-called uneducated folk venting? They have guns? Well so do the cops and the cops will be legally in their right to shoot them if they become dangerous. The fear of racial hatred? Well then why don't we arrest all the KKK or white supremest groups? maybe the fear of spreading stupidity? Well if its so stupid why would it spread? According to the left media, it is so ignorant and only serves the side of hatred and only an idiot would follow it... So if we are not all idiots, and we can easily see how ignorant it is, why all the bother and press time?

Its simple really, I think Louis Farrakhan is an idiot and only morons would follow him, so I don't pay attention to him. Problem solved and no fear at all... Sure he has some followers, but I do not fear them because I know they are limited by laws and have at least enough sense to know what they can get away with. So why do the media and so many left leaning people dedicate so much of their time on them?

The answer to that is simple... The tea party movement represents something government and left minded governments fear the most... Free thought... All things start with a thought, and from that thought can grow more critical thinking and then questions arise. Questions that no one who isn't thinking freely will ever ask. Then those freethinkers will gather and exchange information and share knowledge, ask questions and get answers. This gathering and exchange will be free of the media spin and biased political party nonsense. And without that spin, real knowledge and critical thought will empower those people.

If left alone this movement will allow left, right and center minded people to exchange ideas and talk without the media enhanced left vs right haze, without the absolutism of placating and throw away political ideologies, and without someone telling them how bad their neighbor is.... Soon that neighbor will no longer be left or right, but simply a neighbor just like themselves with many of the same fears and concerns..

This is the fear to end all fears of any government drunk with power, and desiring nothing more than their own well being. Look throughout history and see what exactly what I am talking about. Before the media became so powerful a political tool; before Hitler and so many since. Look and you will find free thought started revolutions that lead to the greatest changes in the world.

Right now the left has power hear in this country. But watch and when the right has power, see how they change their stance on the tea party movement... They will vilify them and say they were okay before the lefty socialists took it over, and any other excuse or reason they can find. They will fear them just as the left does now, but right now they serve a purpose for them. So they applaud them quietly and condemn the extreme examples.

In my opinion, the tea party movement could be the foundations of the next big national change, or even world change. Sure some of the bad elements may try and move in on it, but they will not live long amongst free thinkers. Those types never do. They hide in the shadows and prey on the weak. And people desiring to exchange directly with each other rather than accepting what they are told by media or politicians are not weak..

Perhaps the next time any of you condemn this movement off hand, you will take a closer look and realize these are possibly the Jeffersons, Adams, and Franklins of this era....

Yea...here's the teabaggers named Adams, and Franklin...:lol::lol::lol:
south-africa-brothers-roger-ballen.jpg

Everyday I see a knew article in the news or a new post here on USMB regarding the tea party, partiers, whatever. I have noticed something very strange.... I see very little positive threads started on them, and far too many negative ones. of all the negative ones I have seen, the most of them are decidedly left sided, and prone to exaggerations, misleading claims, and outright lies about what they are doing or represent....

Most of the time the threads about the tea party movement resort to calling the partiers ignorant hicks, uneducated, or racist hate-filled mobs of angry people all trying to intimidate or threaten. I wonder if this were true, why has there not been any arrests or riots yet? All we see or hear are these extreme claims and yet nothing regarding what was done about it.. What is there no Cops at these things? Are there no security or anti-tea partiers to at least give a counter argument? I mean if half the things we hear are true, why are they still walking around free? This leads me to believe there is far more propaganda than truth in these claims.

Also, I wonder if they really are so ignorant and uneducated, and their meetings so filled with mindless hate; why do they fear them so much? I mean in order to dedicate so much time to attack something one must have a good reason for it.. And the only good reason I can imagine must have some sort of fear involved... Fear of dissent, fear of racial hatred, fear of crazy uneducated folk with guns, fear of something... And if it is fear, why all the fear?

Indeed what is to fear in groups of so-called uneducated folk venting? They have guns? Well so do the cops and the cops will be legally in their right to shoot them if they become dangerous. The fear of racial hatred? Well then why don't we arrest all the KKK or white supremest groups? maybe the fear of spreading stupidity? Well if its so stupid why would it spread? According to the left media, it is so ignorant and only serves the side of hatred and only an idiot would follow it... So if we are not all idiots, and we can easily see how ignorant it is, why all the bother and press time?

Its simple really, I think Louis Farrakhan is an idiot and only morons would follow him, so I don't pay attention to him. Problem solved and no fear at all... Sure he has some followers, but I do not fear them because I know they are limited by laws and have at least enough sense to know what they can get away with. So why do the media and so many left leaning people dedicate so much of their time on them?

The answer to that is simple... The tea party movement represents something government and left minded governments fear the most... Free thought... All things start with a thought, and from that thought can grow more critical thinking and then questions arise. Questions that no one who isn't thinking freely will ever ask. Then those freethinkers will gather and exchange information and share knowledge, ask questions and get answers. This gathering and exchange will be free of the media spin and biased political party nonsense. And without that spin, real knowledge and critical thought will empower those people.

If left alone this movement will allow left, right and center minded people to exchange ideas and talk without the media enhanced left vs right haze, without the absolutism of placating and throw away political ideologies, and without someone telling them how bad their neighbor is.... Soon that neighbor will no longer be left or right, but simply a neighbor just like themselves with many of the same fears and concerns..

This is the fear to end all fears of any government drunk with power, and desiring nothing more than their own well being. Look throughout history and see what exactly what I am talking about. Before the media became so powerful a political tool; before Hitler and so many since. Look and you will find free thought started revolutions that lead to the greatest changes in the world.

Right now the left has power hear in this country. But watch and when the right has power, see how they change their stance on the tea party movement... They will vilify them and say they were okay before the lefty socialists took it over, and any other excuse or reason they can find. They will fear them just as the left does now, but right now they serve a purpose for them. So they applaud them quietly and condemn the extreme examples.

In my opinion, the tea party movement could be the foundations of the next big national change, or even world change. Sure some of the bad elements may try and move in on it, but they will not live long amongst free thinkers. Those types never do. They hide in the shadows and prey on the weak. And people desiring to exchange directly with each other rather than accepting what they are told by media or politicians are not weak..

Perhaps the next time any of you condemn this movement off hand, you will take a closer look and realize these are possibly the Jeffersons, Adams, and Franklins of this era....

I seen those two at a Green party rally once..... They work for the Huffington post I believe.. or was it Democracy NOW!? I can't remember, all those leftist PR rags look the same after a while...

Thank you. I would think that such a simple fact of civics is so basic and simple that it "speaks for itself", but apparently not to some here.

I don't think the vast majority of the Tea Party crew are fringe rightwingers, but I definitely think they are rightwingers. It simply doesn't add up any other way. Prior to Obama's election, the "tea party" was a small group of Ron Paul people who were mostly excoriated by the GOP (believe me, I watched the Paulites take both barrels on message boards from conservatives (liberals were less concerned with Paul as they knew he would never be in the general)). So, let's just be frank and admit that the only people protesting government waste during the Bush administration (one of the most wasteful administrations in history) were the Paul-ites. If there were regular Bush voters in the mix, they were a small minority.

Then, like magic, virtually immediately after Obama was sworn in the movement started to grow. You can buy the party line that "TARP was the straw that broke the camels back and some futures trader/hedge fund manager's (who has more money than God) angry rant at the Chicago board of trade was the rhetoric that a bunch of middle class people needed to mobilize". Frankly, it doesn't add up. Then you have reports of Dick Armey and other PACs being involved in the group and it starts to look more astroturf than grass roots.

In reality, I think the tea party is a collection of conservative voters (many of whom are two time Bush voters) who are angry they lost the election.

I mean, I would buy that this is a real political movement, but it still lacks any real leadership, vision, goal, or platform (and please spare me the "lame list" of vague platitudes like "Defend the Constitution" that someone slopped together).

I don't think that the tea party adequately encapsulates every, or even most, Americans that disagree with the administration. I also don't think they are uninformed about the issues. I may disagree with their take on them, but they aren't mis-informed.

What I do think they are mis-informed about is the notion that they are a spontaneous grass roots organization that is going to win over moderates. I doubt most people in the movement know who the puppet master is.

I seen those two at a Green party rally once..... They work for the Huffington post I believe.. or was it Democracy NOW!? I can't remember, all those leftist PR rags look the same after a while...

Nice try, but the recent poll of teabaggers exposed them as pea brained Bushies living ON the public dole and unaware Obama lowered their taxes...

If you decide to go to a teabagger rally, 'nice tooth' is a good pickup line.

Forum List

Back