Why the tea party movement is so frightening...

Wow thats the only thing you have is a lie? Poor show fool, poor show.

The truth is out about you Tea Baggers, and it is everywhere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if88PgI-vfU]YouTube - Bill Maher BECOMES a Teabagger - 4/23/10[/ame]

niggar-sign-tea-party.jpg

Dude I have to say despite you're ignorant post, that has to be the gayest avatar I have seen here.....Seriously man, I don't care what your preference is but the avatar makes gay people cringe.....:lol:

Thank you, the avatar has received a lot of comment. It has been interesting to hear people react. Prudes are upset, there has only been one gay commentator who said I was not his type.

So, I am keeping it. And, by the way it is a Southern California statement that is not really gay. But, if it makes you feel better to think of it that way, fine. I am promoting that the rest of the country catch up with California. The attitude toward sexuality here is WHO CARES! Get used to it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDJwqqQbv8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDJwqqQbv8[/ame]

Last edited:
The truth is out about you Tea Baggers, and it is everywhere.

YouTube - Bill Maher BECOMES a Teabagger - 4/23/10

niggar-sign-tea-party.jpg

Dude I have to say despite you're ignorant post, that has to be the gayest avatar I have seen here.....Seriously man, I don't care what your preference is but the avatar makes gay people cringe.....:lol:

Thank you, the avatar has received a lot of comment. It has been interesting to hear people react. Prudes are upset, there has only been one gay commentator who said I was not his type.

So, I am keeping it. And, by the way it is a Southern California statement that is not really gay. But, if it makes you feel better to think of it that way, fine. I am promoting that the rest of the country catch up with California. The attitude toward sexuality here is WHO CARES! Get used to it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDJwqqQbv8]YouTube - Big Wednesday[/ame]

And my attitude towards people who have to use their sexuality as pedestal is "grow up the only one making a big deal of it is you"

Dude you can be as metro-sexual as you feel you need to be thats fine... However shoving it in peoples face and telling them to get over it isn't about anything other than your issues with it...

You seem to forget when third parties get usurped by or melded into another party, that party changes..

No, I basically stated as much. My point is that we have two parties because the system is designed that way. That's it.

Republicans of today are not like the republicans Jefferson was a part of. The Democrats went from adams to jackson and all points between and when they split and came together again they were forever changed. Two party system is not hardwired into our government, its a simple logical next step when two separate parties are both weaker than another and share enough similarities to compromise and join together. it has nothing to do with it being part of any system especially not one that wasn't designed with parties in mind at all.

It is a part of our system. Simply because there is no provision for political parties in the constitution doesn't mean that we weren't destined to be a two party system. Again, it's the inevitability of a "winner takes all" system. I've illustrated that and than contrasted a parliamentarian system with it to demonstrate how other systems work.

This isn't a matter of my opinion, it's basic poli sci.

Your statement where you said;"You can argue that, but you don't see many "tea party" candidates running in DEM primaries." Dude thats just a silly statement really....

Dude, it's a true statement. Really.

Of course not, first the Dems are in power and obviously part of the problem the tea party movement has. THat would be like running a reform campaign as an incumbent its just retarded...

And yet, Sestak just knocked out Specter. Sestak didn't feel the need to run as a "Tea Party" candidate, nor was the tea party interested in him. He did run as an outsider.

Second, a tea party candidate would need to be part of legitimate political party. Don't think I can register a tea party voter yet...

Now you are being deliberately obtuse. Did or did not Rand Paul say he had a message from the "Tea Party" after he won the GOP primary? Is or is not he considered a "Tea Party" candidate?

its not a party in the sense of republicans and democrats. The left likes to pretend sarah palin or bachman are the tea party candidates

No we don't. We claim they are shills for whatever the hell it is that the Tea Party is selling. Palin isn't running for anything. No one has claimed she is a candidate.

but thats just nonsense. Anyone with any sense knows palin is a joke politically.

You should inform some people on here.

Third, we won't see many running in republican primaries either...

But all the ones that are running are running in GOP primaries.

Your claim they were embraced by republicans in 2008 from fear of obama's popularity denies the fact at that time they were protesting Bush's economic policies predominately.

Yeah, about 1% of the current Tea Party was protesting Bush and those were the Paul people who had their movement co-opted by Dick Armey and other GOP operatives for an "astroturf" movement.

At the time the tea parties were very small and not getting much attention. Again all I see is the standard liberal/progressive claims here... You dismiss them as right wing and that is a fallacy perpetrated in the media to keep people hemmed into the concept that two dimensional thinking. Either left or right is acceptable and only them. Anything else is obviously an extreme one way or another. Thats dismissive and categorically not true at all.... Most tea party movement followers are people who have had enough of the BS in government and they do not distinguish between the two kinds of BS, they simply recognize it as BS...

And I call B.S. on that statement. By all the polling data, the tea party is right wing. They weren't in the streets when Bush was in office because they voted for him. Twice.

Dude your last statement was just silly generalities which we could say about any potential party... Again its all based on your perception you get from your preferred media. If you do not go and see for yourself how can you simply dismiss them?

I have neither the time or inclination to go to any protest, let alone a teabag protest. The notion of "you can't comment if you don't go and see for yourself" is idiotic. I don't have to bank my head into a wall to know it's going to suck.

Dismissing my "perception" based on my "preferred media" is also an asinine dodge.

Dude I have asked you before to stop separating every dam line like that and you continue to do so... You do it because you think its a win.... No its not a win its a deliberate attempt to make debate with you too time consuming and monotonous for people to bother.. its lame and there is no legitimate reason for it..

One word for all you said..... MSNBC rhetoric all of it...... now you want a legit debate or shall I do what you do only shrunk to reasonable size?

Dude I have asked you before to stop separating every dam line like that and you continue to do so... You do it because you think its a win.... No its not a win its a deliberate attempt to make debate with you too time consuming and monotonous for people to bother.. its lame and there is no legitimate reason for it..

One word for all you said..... MSNBC rhetoric all of it...... now you want a legit debate or shall I do what you do only shrunk to reasonable size?

Yeah it does make it hard to re-quote someone and respond directly when they do that, it always has annoyed me too.

On a side note

4-4-10smearRGB20100405102332.jpg

Dude I have asked you before to stop separating every dam line like that and you continue to do so...

I respond to points as they come to me. I post the way I do so that things make sense, as opposed to a massive jumble at the bottom of the quote. It's extra work for me too, but I am not doing it to be annoying. At any rate, your annoyance isn't going to change the way I do business. You, in the month or so that you've been here, seem to be under the mistaken impression that people are obligated to follow your orders.

I've never demanded that someone respond to every single one of my points. You can pick and choose. That's what I usually do in these instances.

You do it because you think its a win.... No its not a win its a deliberate attempt to make debate with you too time consuming and monotonous for people to bother.. its lame and there is no legitimate reason for it..

I don't think anything is a "win" on a message board. I think people who think they have won or lost anything on a message board are retards.

I don't get my news from MSNBC. I generally avoid cable news altogether. Your continued assertions that we all have to go be teabaggers for a day before we can comment is asinine and lame. The link in my sig does a pretty good job of supporting my assertion about how the tea party went from a bunch of goofy Paul-bots to a ground swell movement.

The ground swell is the usual conservative suspects that were all Bush voters. That's why they weren't protesting Bush.

In other words, this is astroturf. Not grassroots.

Dude I have asked you before to stop separating every dam line like that and you continue to do so...

I respond to points as they come to me. I post the way I do so that things make sense, as opposed to a massive jumble at the bottom of the quote. It's extra work for me too, but I am not doing it to be annoying. At any rate, your annoyance isn't going to change the way I do business. You, in the month or so that you've been here, seem to be under the mistaken impression that people are obligated to follow your orders.

I've never demanded that someone respond to every single one of my points. You can pick and choose. That's what I usually do in these instances.

You do it because you think its a win.... No its not a win its a deliberate attempt to make debate with you too time consuming and monotonous for people to bother.. its lame and there is no legitimate reason for it..

I don't think anything is a "win" on a message board. I think people who think they have won or lost anything on a message board are retards.

I don't get my news from MSNBC. I generally avoid cable news altogether. Your continued assertions that we all have to go be teabaggers for a day before we can comment is asinine and lame. The link in my sig does a pretty good job of supporting my assertion about how the tea party went from a bunch of goofy Paul-bots to a ground swell movement.

The ground swell is the usual conservative suspects that were all Bush voters. That's why they weren't protesting Bush.

In other words, this is astroturf. Not grassroots.

Well gee if you don't watch MSNBC, why all the rhetoric straight form their broadcasts?

My assertion is not lame its a fair statement.. The only thing lame is lazy people who don't want to go and see for themselves and take the medias word on things like this... For all you know you could be right, but you are obviously too lazy and ditto-headed to even see for yourself.

So I will call out people who cite, quote, or repeat the liberal/progressive media spin on this.. You guys are able to vote and you are going to do so based on someone elses word. Someone with a vested interest in the left and proven track record of twisting the facts and stories to their own liking.

If you cant be bothered to go look for yourself, than why even bother voting at all? you are just wasting it anyway... Why not give it to MSNBC or CNN and let them do it for you... its what you're doing anyway....

Well gee if you don't watch MSNBC, why all the rhetoric straight form their broadcasts?

I have no idea. You tell me. Maybe it's because people can come to the same conclusions independently of each other?

My assertion is not lame its a fair statement.. The only thing lame is lazy people who don't want to go and see for themselves and take the medias word on things like this... For all you know you could be right, but you are obviously too lazy and ditto-headed to even see for yourself.

I think, short of a real wrong like civil rights, protesting is for losers. Especially when it's feaux outrage like the teabaggers specialize in.

So, no, I am not going to a teabagger event. No matter how much lame reverse psychology you try and employ or if you deem my opinion of the movement as worthless because I refuse to play raindeer games. I could care less what you think of my opinion, frankly.

So I will call out people who cite, quote, or repeat the liberal/progressive media spin on this.. You guys are able to vote and you are going to do so based on someone elses word. Someone with a vested interest in the left and proven track record of twisting the facts and stories to their own liking.

You mean you will call out anyone that still cites the mainstream media as opposed to your anecdotes or teabagger propaganda cites.

Okay, whatever. Do what you want. It doesn't matter to me.

If you cant be bothered to go look for yourself, than why even bother voting at all? you are just wasting it anyway... Why not give it to MSNBC or CNN and let them do it for you... its what you're doing anyway....

Oh STFU. I don't vote a straight ticket. You don't know a damn thing about me other than what I volunteer on this board. Stop acting like you do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDJwqqQbv8]YouTube - Big Wednesday[/ame]

And my attitude towards people who have to use their sexuality as pedestal is "grow up the only one making a big deal of it is you"
Dude you can be as metro-sexual as you feel you need to be thats fine... However shoving it in peoples face and telling them to get over it isn't about anything other than your issues with it...

By the way the term 'metrosexual' went out of style five years ago, and you used it improperly anyway. Metrosexual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I started on USMB, the only picture I had was shirtless. Prudes like you made it an issue. I've decided to push the issue.

Trust me, USMB members have greater concerns than my avatar, and seeing me shirtless.

If the only one making a big deal about it is me, why did you bring up the subject? :smoke:

6-pack-abs.jpg

Straight, gay, or bi, nice abs are nice abs. Wish these were mine!

------------------------------------

The topic of this thread is:

Why the tea party movement is so frightening...​

Last edited:

I have no idea. You tell me. Maybe it's because people can come to the same conclusions independently of each other?

People already with a decided left or right slant will predominately lean left and twist things in their favor... Its no coincidence its a fact, and its certainly not a logical conclusion. Its political agenda based one..

I think, short of a real wrong like civil rights, protesting is for losers. Especially when it's feaux outrage like the teabaggers specialize in.

Protesting for losers...nice... So the very people who brought you this government were losers.... And those French who protested before the all out Revolution? Yeah what a bunch of losers huh genius.... Of course you think they are losers, because you have never even looked into anything for yourself. Why protest what you cant be bothered to look into... Again lazy....

So, no, I am not going to a teabagger event. No matter how much lame reverse psychology you try and employ or if you deem my opinion of the movement as worthless because I refuse to play raindeer games. I could care less what you think of my opinion, frankly.

Reverse psychology? Dude reverse psychology would be if I told you to do the opposite of what I wanted... And so we see flat out you will vote as your liberal/progressive media tells you. Why go and actually discover something when its all given to you in proper perspective and just the way it will placate you... So thats one vote wasted thank you....

You mean you will call out anyone that still cites the mainstream media as opposed to your anecdotes or teabagger propaganda cites.

Okay, whatever. Do what you want. It doesn't matter to me.

No dick I will call out what I said I will call out... I challenge you to show where I have cited propaganda... THe OP was my thoughts based on my experience, you don't like it fine. But trying to dismiss it as propaganda is bullshit....

Oh STFU. I don't vote a straight ticket. You don't know a damn thing about me other than what I volunteer on this board. Stop acting like you do.

New if we waited long enough we would see your true nature come out again.... Thanks for not letting us down... And no I will not STFU child.... I based my opinion on what you volunteer on this board, so if its not accurate show it....

YouTube - Big Wednesday

By the way the term 'metrosexual' went out of style five years ago, and you used it improperly anyway. Metrosexual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I started on USMB, the only picture I had was shirtless. Prudes like you made it an issue. I've decided to push the issue.

Trust me, USMB members have greater concerns than my avatar, and seeing me shirtless.

If the only one making a big deal about it is me, why did you bring up the subject? :smoke:

------------------------------------[/CENTER]

Metro was 5 years ago.... Well thats nice, now tell me why I should care? This isn't about being hip douchebag....

You posted a shirtless pic as avatar to be a douchebag plain and simple... People called you on it so now you are going to use shirtless man pics as avatars... Your problem here is you pretend its because its a mans picture or that you are...whatever you are.... well sorry tool but its the fact you tried to use a shirtless pic to pose and try to get attention.... Well ya got it it just wasn't what you thought it would be... The problem isnt your sexuality, its you... Dude you are primping, posing, narcissistic idiot and people will react to that regardless of your sexuality...

I told ya the avatar was gay, you tried to make statement of something about california and how we should all catch up.... yeah kinda made a big deal out of it there didnt ya....:lol:

Any dude who posts a shirtless pic of himself as an avatar is looking for attention.. And any tool who tries to use the excuse its the only pic he had is bullshitting....:lol:

------------------------------------[/CENTER]

Metro was 5 years ago.... Well thats nice, now tell me why I should care? This isn't about being hip douchebag....

You posted a shirtless pic as avatar to be a douchebag plain and simple... People called you on it so now you are going to use shirtless man pics as avatars... Your problem here is you pretend its because its a mans picture or that you are...whatever you are.... well sorry tool but its the fact you tried to use a shirtless pic to pose and try to get attention.... Well ya got it it just wasn't what you thought it would be... The problem isnt your sexuality, its you... Dude you are primping, posing, narcissistic idiot and people will react to that regardless of your sexuality...

I told ya the avatar was gay, you tried to make statement of something about california and how we should all catch up.... yeah kinda made a big deal out of it there didnt ya....:lol:

Any dude who posts a shirtless pic of himself as an avatar is looking for attention.. And any tool who tries to use the excuse its the only pic he had is bullshitting....:lol:

I didn't even know what meterosexual was, it is so out of date, I had to look it up!

gslak, I am enjoying watching you have a twinge of homosexuality. I could explain to you that it is normal and does not mean you are gay. But, I won't. You talk about my shirtless status for a whole big paragraph, then threw in the slams! I love to watch you sexual dinosaurs struggle through the reality of the 21st century. It is so strange when you groan out your posts full of victorian thinking! And it is funny, because it isn't even the topic of this thread! You changed to subject to talk about my body. Wake-up, NO ONE CARES! :lol:

dinosaurs17.jpg

--------------------------------​

Last edited:
yeah...okay douchebag.... let me know when you want to have an adult discussion.. or when the pimples clear up and your voice lowers...

Everyday I see a knew article in the news or a new post here on USMB regarding the tea party, partiers, whatever. I have noticed something very strange.... I see very little positive threads started on them, and far too many negative ones. of all the negative ones I have seen, the most of them are decidedly left sided, and prone to exaggerations, misleading claims, and outright lies about what they are doing or represent....

Most of the time the threads about the tea party movement resort to calling the partiers ignorant hicks, uneducated, or racist hate-filled mobs of angry people all trying to intimidate or threaten. I wonder if this were true, why has there not been any arrests or riots yet? All we see or hear are these extreme claims and yet nothing regarding what was done about it.. What is there no Cops at these things? Are there no security or anti-tea partiers to at least give a counter argument? I mean if half the things we hear are true, why are they still walking around free? This leads me to believe there is far more propaganda than truth in these claims.

Also, I wonder if they really are so ignorant and uneducated, and their meetings so filled with mindless hate; why do they fear them so much? I mean in order to dedicate so much time to attack something one must have a good reason for it.. And the only good reason I can imagine must have some sort of fear involved... Fear of dissent, fear of racial hatred, fear of crazy uneducated folk with guns, fear of something... And if it is fear, why all the fear?

Indeed what is to fear in groups of so-called uneducated folk venting? They have guns? Well so do the cops and the cops will be legally in their right to shoot them if they become dangerous. The fear of racial hatred? Well then why don't we arrest all the KKK or white supremest groups? maybe the fear of spreading stupidity? Well if its so stupid why would it spread? According to the left media, it is so ignorant and only serves the side of hatred and only an idiot would follow it... So if we are not all idiots, and we can easily see how ignorant it is, why all the bother and press time?

Its simple really, I think Louis Farrakhan is an idiot and only morons would follow him, so I don't pay attention to him. Problem solved and no fear at all... Sure he has some followers, but I do not fear them because I know they are limited by laws and have at least enough sense to know what they can get away with. So why do the media and so many left leaning people dedicate so much of their time on them?

The answer to that is simple... The tea party movement represents something government and left minded governments fear the most... Free thought... All things start with a thought, and from that thought can grow more critical thinking and then questions arise. Questions that no one who isn't thinking freely will ever ask. Then those freethinkers will gather and exchange information and share knowledge, ask questions and get answers. This gathering and exchange will be free of the media spin and biased political party nonsense. And without that spin, real knowledge and critical thought will empower those people.

If left alone this movement will allow left, right and center minded people to exchange ideas and talk without the media enhanced left vs right haze, without the absolutism of placating and throw away political ideologies, and without someone telling them how bad their neighbor is.... Soon that neighbor will no longer be left or right, but simply a neighbor just like themselves with many of the same fears and concerns..

This is the fear to end all fears of any government drunk with power, and desiring nothing more than their own well being. Look throughout history and see what exactly what I am talking about. Before the media became so powerful a political tool; before Hitler and so many since. Look and you will find free thought started revolutions that lead to the greatest changes in the world.

Right now the left has power hear in this country. But watch and when the right has power, see how they change their stance on the tea party movement... They will vilify them and say they were okay before the lefty socialists took it over, and any other excuse or reason they can find. They will fear them just as the left does now, but right now they serve a purpose for them. So they applaud them quietly and condemn the extreme examples.

In my opinion, the tea party movement could be the foundations of the next big national change, or even world change. Sure some of the bad elements may try and move in on it, but they will not live long amongst free thinkers. Those types never do. They hide in the shadows and prey on the weak. And people desiring to exchange directly with each other rather than accepting what they are told by media or politicians are not weak..

Perhaps the next time any of you condemn this movement off hand, you will take a closer look and realize these are possibly the Jeffersons, Adams, and Franklins of this era....

A liar will always fear exposure of the truth...no matter what form it takes.

People already with a decided left or right slant will predominately lean left and twist things in their favor... Its no coincidence its a fact, and its certainly not a logical conclusion. Its political agenda based one..

Everyone has a slant, whether they are honest enough to admit it or not is another issue. I make no bones about what I believe. Why do you?

That doesn't mean their isn't logic involved in that process. Feel free to demonstrate where I have been illogical.

Protesting for losers...nice... So the very people who brought you this government were losers.... And those French who protested before the all out Revolution? Yeah what a bunch of losers huh genius.... Of course you think they are losers, because you have never even looked into anything for yourself. Why protest what you cant be bothered to look into... Again lazy....

You conveniently omitted the "real wrongs" caveat. Again, I think feaux outrage is fucking lame, and I think people who waste their own time participating in it are fucking losers. It would take something pretty heinous for me to hit the street with a sign. If that's what you do in your spare time, have a blast. It's not my cup of tea.

That also doesn't mean I haven't "looked into" the tea parties. You just reject my analysis because it's from media outlets. Apparently you only deal in anecdotes. Again, completely illogical.

Reverse psychology? Dude reverse psychology would be if I told you to do the opposite of what I wanted... And so we see flat out you will vote as your liberal/progressive media tells you.

What-the-fuck-ever. I vote based on my own opinions, not based on what some OPED jackass tells me.

Nonetheless, all the lame arguments you are making can be said about teabaggers like yoruself. "You only vote the way your teabagger overlords tell you too!"

I doubt that's the truth, but see how easy (and lame) that was?

Why go and actually discover something when its all given to you in proper perspective and just the way it will placate you... So thats one vote wasted thank you....

How many times am I going to tell you that I think the teabag protests are feaux outrage that are filled with losers who are whining simply for the sake of whining? Let me spell this out again for you so you can get it thought that chromed cranium of yours: I am not going to a fucking teabag event. I am also not going to accept that I have to go to a teabag event to have an opinion on teabaggers. I don't care what you think about that. Your opinion means jack and squat to me.

No dick I will call out what I said I will call out... I challenge you to show where I have cited propaganda...

"Liberal/progressive media" is classic conservative propaganda. Your notion that you can't get the straight scoop from the news is a particularly lame talking point that the right has been using for about ten years now.

THe OP was my thoughts based on my experience, you don't like it fine. But trying to dismiss it as propaganda is bullshit....

I didn't say your OP was propaganda. I said you are prone to toss out propaganda in the same manner that the people you bitch about do.

New if we waited long enough we would see your true nature come out again.... Thanks for not letting us down... And no I will not STFU child.... I based my opinion on what you volunteer on this board, so if its not accurate show it....

"child"?

:lol:

Everyone has a slant, whether they are honest enough to admit it or not is another issue. I make no bones about what I believe. Why do you?

That doesn't mean their isn't logic involved in that process. Feel free to demonstrate where I have been illogical.

You conveniently omitted the "real wrongs" caveat. Again, I think feaux outrage is fucking lame, and I think people who waste their own time participating in it are fucking losers. It would take something pretty heinous for me to hit the street with a sign. If that's what you do in your spare time, have a blast. It's not my cup of tea.

That also doesn't mean I haven't "looked into" the tea parties. You just reject my analysis because it's from media outlets. Apparently you only deal in anecdotes. Again, completely illogical.

What-the-fuck-ever. I vote based on my own opinions, not based on what some OPED jackass tells me.

Nonetheless, all the lame arguments you are making can be said about teabaggers like yoruself. "You only vote the way your teabagger overlords tell you too!"

I doubt that's the truth, but see how easy (and lame) that was?

How many times am I going to tell you that I think the teabag protests are feaux outrage that are filled with losers who are whining simply for the sake of whining? Let me spell this out again for you so you can get it thought that chromed cranium of yours: I am not going to a fucking teabag event. I am also not going to accept that I have to go to a teabag event to have an opinion on teabaggers. I don't care what you think about that. Your opinion means jack and squat to me.

"Liberal/progressive media" is classic conservative propaganda. Your notion that you can't get the straight scoop from the news is a particularly lame talking point that the right has been using for about ten years now.

THe OP was my thoughts based on my experience, you don't like it fine. But trying to dismiss it as propaganda is bullshit....

I didn't say your OP was propaganda. I said you are prone to toss out propaganda in the same manner that the people you bitch about do.

"child"?

:lol:

All of that to simply say "unh-uh" like an idiot?

Seriously its 5 minutes of you finding ever elaborate ways to say "not true"...

Why bother separating it at all? Faux outrage? Like your bullshit posturing and pretense?

Dude you are a wasted vote.... You vote the way your preferred media tells you, with no further thought or even bothering to look for yourself. And whats worse is you admit it and then deny its a problem.. You admit each will have its own slant but you pretend its not an issue with you or your side.. Hows that ? Seriously just spare us the trouble and give your vote to real concerned citizens who want to understand the truth of what they support or oppose.

Forum List

Back