Why The Screwed Generation Is Turning To Paul Ryan

"The proposed Ryan budget takes a huge step towards immorality. Sacred texts for Christians, Jews, and Muslims all depict a God who judges us by the way we care for the most vulnerable in our society. By this measure, the Ryan budget robs the poor, The marginalized and the Vulnerable of the safety net so integral to their survival. By any measure of civility and regard for one's neighbor, it is an immoral disaster."

~Bishop Gene Robinson, Ninth Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of NH

"The proposed Ryan budget takes a huge step towards immorality. Sacred texts for Christians, Jews, and Muslims all depict a God who judges us by the way we care for the most vulnerable in our society. By this measure, the Ryan budget robs the poor, The marginalized and the Vulnerable of the safety net so integral to their survival. By any measure of civility and regard for one's neighbor, it is an immoral disaster."

Your Bishop should be relieved of his post.

He does not understand scriptures for crapp and you don't get that God will never force people to "be good" to others. In short, he is the immoral one. Satan is the one that tries to bind people down.

Why don't you quit hiding under other peoples skirts and be a man. Post something besides your spam and then hang around to deal with the retorts.

BTW: How's the new governor of Wisconsin doing ? Oh wait, they don't have a new one.

Cuz they are whiney crybaby bitch ass punks?

The "screwed generation" is soft. They are pussies....and gay.

True story.

I won't argue against this point because there is some evidence it is true.

However, you really have to wonder how they got that way. Who raised them ?

Their single moms ? Or the two income parents who just had to have all the goodies so they could spoil junior.

One way or the other, there is no doubt in my mind that Paul Ryan won't toss granny over the cliff. The younger generation will. Hope you got your 'chute.

My grandparents are already dead, so yours can go :eusa_whistle:

He does not understand scriptures for crapp and you don't get that God will never force people to "be good" to others. In short, he is the immoral one. Satan is the one that tries to bind people down.

Why don't you quit hiding under other peoples skirts and be a man. Post something besides your spam and then hang around to deal with the retorts.

BTW: How's the new governor of Wisconsin doing ? Oh wait, they don't have a new one.
the cbo predicted that if we keep following the obama budget, America will go bankrupt in '27

That bishop is an uniformed fucking moron, that needs to get off the msn

the cbo predicted that if we keep following the obama budget, America will go bankrupt in '27

Classy post.

True story.

Their single moms ? Or the two income parents who just had to have all the goodies so they could spoil junior.

One way or the other, there is no doubt in my mind that Paul Ryan won't toss granny over the cliff. The younger generation will. Hope you got your 'chute.

You already tossed them ?

Classy post.

I agree...it is a good post.

It has facts...something that burns you like holy water.

Scott Walker for six more years.

Here is from a catholic conservative:

So I’m going to be a little blunter about it: the Catholic Church needs to shut up about Paul Ryan’s budget.

Now, I say this as a devout Catholic myself, but one who is absolutely fed up with watching the Church stick its nose into matters of fiscal policy. Indeed, the Church, and indeed, all of us as individuals, have a moral obligation to aid the least among us, as Christ calls us to do. But as the savior of the world Himself said, render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, and unto God what is God’s. The Catholic Church has mixed itself up with Caesar, and conflated its mission to serve the poor with government subsidized entitlement programs.

The government is not responsible for administering care to the least among us – the government can’t accomplish this! It’s much too big, and too far removed. This is a basic principle of Catholic social justice teaching, called subsidiarity.

Catholic Group: "Pray for Paul Ryan's Change of Heart" - Kate Hicks

You already tossed them ?

took the last one "Hang gliding"

and I consider it part of my civic duty to look for little old ladies wheelchairing it near cliffs, so I can, uhm, offer a helpful push.

yeah, that's it

Classy post.
Thanks!

I've come to learn, that when faced with gibberish, go with classy.

Classy post.
Thanks!

I've come to learn, that when faced with gibberish, go with classy.

You'll notice Chrissy vacated the thread after dropping a few of his spamturds.

It's no wonder the left needs Obama. They'd never survive on their own.

A bump for the screwed and the moron in chief who's sex life has been tremendous these past four years porking the future generation.

A bump for the screwed and the moron in chief who's sex life has been tremendous these past four years porking the future generation.

So who really is at fault Obama or the tea party? Yes Medicare needs to be reformed and Obama was willing to do so and take on his own Party as part of a grand compromise. The tea party backed away from the deal everyone knew had to be made.

Alan Simpson who was quoted earlier has said Ryan is right because he is. At the same time he also said revenue has to be raised. When that was quoted the right castigated him completely.

Instead of making the correct deal the far right agreed to across the board cuts that will hit everything and raise taxes for all anyway.

Here is a response to the article.

This is a very callow argument, written by someone dazzled by the image absent of reason. And what a deck of cars that side is dealing. he unholy deal Here's the unholy deal that Paul Ryan and Mr. Romney propose: They'll give the fringe groups, a vocal and true believing but ardent minority what they want, the illusion of a theocracy, where gays are evil, every sperm and egg is sacred, abortion is outlawed under every circumstance and there is only one true religion the state endorses. In exchange, these leaders instill oligarchy, where the ultrarich and corporations dictate policy, there are no checks and balances of worker's rights, the wealthy keep more and more money. And they've already shown it doesn't work. 36% tax rates have not led to more jobs and unregulated markets have led to a depression. So Mr. Romney, you love this kind of freedom? Then where the hell are the jobs?

You know, if wealthier people paid more into Social Security and Medicare, we wouldn't even talk about this faux crisis. But no, this is not a charitable, socially caring or generous bunch. They keep those qualities for their families and villify the remainder.. They see civic duty as their right to keep as much of their dough to do with whatever they want. If we voted for them back in the 20th century we couldn't build roads and infrastructure and we couldn't maintain libraries and schools.

I am 64, I've worked hard, but let me tell you what I'll get from Social Security would just allow me not to starve and Medicare not to die so quick but have a whopping bill still to pay. That's not bad, but to subject these two tenets of a good society to the invisible hand of the free market, which is gamed by the ultrarich and speculator, is cruel and disruptive.

So I find Ms. Powers to be caught up in value of the image of Paul Ryan, but like him, no semblance of critical thinking skills.

The moron who posted this is critical her thinking skills ?

His or hers were certainly not on display here.

So who really is at fault Obama or the tea party? Yes Medicare needs to be reformed and Obama was willing to do so and take on his own Party as part of a grand compromise. The tea party backed away from the deal everyone knew had to be made.

Alan Simpson who was quoted earlier has said Ryan is right because he is. At the same time he also said revenue has to be raised. When that was quoted the right castigated him completely.

Instead of making the correct deal the far right agreed to across the board cuts that will hit everything and raise taxes for all anyway.

The problem being that the grand deal was a grand illusion. The cuts never would have come, but they sure would have raised taxes in a hurry. They pulled that on Reagan.

We've seen it in the failure of the so called super committee (super stupid committe) and now everyone is freaking out about the mandatory cuts that will happen in Jan. The word on the street is that congress won't go through with them.

True story.

yep the spoiled "I want it now" generation.
Many have already squandered their inheritance their parents took a lifetime building.

Unfortunately, the future looks as bleak for today’s young people. No amount of coddling by their well-provided-for Boomer parents can save Generation Y and the Millennials from the dire economic conditions they face, including criminal levels of educational debt. Pensions have gone the way of the horse and buggy. You want to retire with health-care benefits, as both my professor parents did? Good luck. As the 1994 movie turned Gen-X mantra has it: Reality Bites.

She's not lying.

What happened ?

Besides Bush and Obama ?

Poll: Is the youth vote slowly turning to Romney? « Hot Air

Pollster John Zogby of JZ Analytics told Secrets Tuesday that Romney received 41 percent in his weekend poll of 1,117 likely voters, for the first time crossing the 40 percent mark. What’s more, he said that Romney is the only Republican of those who competed in the primaries to score so high among 18-29 year olds.

“This is the first time I am seeing Romney’s numbers this high among 18-29 year olds,” said Zogby. “This could be trouble for Obama who needs every young voter he can get.” …

In his latest poll, Obama receives just 49 percent of the youth vote when pitted against Romney, who received 41 percent.

From CNN:

Republican vice-presidential hopeful and conservative star Paul Ryan kicks back with locally brewed beers while listening to '90s-era grunge music. He's the first member of Generation X to be named to a major party ticket.

Ryan's up-by-your-bootstraps personality doesn't exactly match the ennui expressed by the grunge bands of his youth -- he was voted "biggest brown-noser" in high school, after all. But his economic and political perspectives, like those of many of his generation, were formed in part by the fiscally conservative Reaganomics principles of his childhood and the stark realities of entering a post-college job market during the 1990s recession and dot-com boom and bust.

"Gen Xers were supposed to be the lost generation. (That label) shaped him because he went back to the principles of hard work to get ahead," said Dylan Glenn, a former Bush administration economic policy analyst who has been friends with Ryan for nearly 20 years.

In his pairing with baby boomer Mitt Romney, the 42-year-old Ryan brings a conservative Gen Xer's fiscal approach to the ticket, political experts say. For example, Ryan's controversial "Path to Prosperity" entitlement reform plan, which proposes a partially privatized Medicare program for future seniors, takes a cue from Gen X and Gen Y concerns that these programs will run out of funds long before Xers and Yers will be able to participate.

Forum List

Back