Why the renewed rw war on the First Lady?

I agree. No one is going to find any posts from me picking on Michelle for her looks. I take issue with her public displays of disdain for people and even our country. I'm sorry, but it is low class. The comments at the flag ceremony were downright shameful and she never even had the decency to apologize.

Except she didn't make any comments on the flag ceremony - that was partisan nastiness at it's worst based entirely on some sort of "lip reader's" claim that she said it and thoroughly debunked with a "liar liar pants on fire" designation by politifact.

She also has way more personal assistants than is necessary and we foot the bill, so we have every right to take issue with that.

Does she? Is it any different than any other first lady? Apparently, like the claim above, this too, I am guessing is based on a Glen Beck fabrication also designated by a "liar liar pants on fire" label and also debunked in factcheck.org and snopes.com. If it is not based on that, than it opens up the question of why a different standard is now being applied to Michelle Obama that has not been applied to other first ladies?

Same goes for all the vacations. Yes, all presidents and their families took vacations, but now we are in the worst economic mess in most of our lifetimes, so it's not unreasonable to insist that elected officials and their families respect us enough not to spend so lavishly on themselves.

Again, same thing. GWB jetted around the world with his wife and daughters on "official business" (for him) - even when the economy was tanking we were paying for all that time at his ranch and his security and flights. Likewise Obama has taken far fewer vacations than any of the preceeding presidents except maybe Clinton. It is these sort of attacks that are partisan and mean spirited and Laura Bush did not have to endure - she was well treated with respect most of the time (in fact she was far more popular than her husband).

If anyone in Washington, elected or not, costs the tax payers a lot of money, they best be ready for criticism when it's warranted.

Then perhaps that criticism should be applied more equitably - not with a change of goal posts when there is a new administration.

Even the slightest disagreement with Obama or criticism of Michelle has bought on the disingenuous cries of racism or accusing people of waging a war.

Oh baloney. Sometimes it IS racism. Sometimes it ISN'T. And those that claim it's never about race are just as dishonest as those that claim it is.

Apparently, they don't understand what real racism or a real war is all about. Or they just can't admit that it's tacky, at best, to spend so much on vacations while the rest of the country struggles to stay afloat.

It's tacky, at best, to apply a different standard to this administration than has been applied to past ones.

Saw the same deal with LWers on Mrs. Bush. SSDD.

Actually, compared to Michelle Obama, Laura Bush was treated extremely well. There was nothing approaching the level of vitriole directed at Michelle Obama.

If you want a better comparison, you need to go back to Nancy Reagan. Otherwise, it's not really SSDD.

when was MO called a murderer?

That was the only actual attack I can recall made on Laura Bush. It was disgusting, condemned by many on the left as way beyond the pale and it never received a wide acceptance in the media. On the other hand, Michelle Obama has been called a racist, Marie Antoinette, pilloried for every initiative, she has attempted for children (was Laura?), attacked for her body (was Laura?), called unpatriotic, a hater of her country. If you want an honest comparison in vitriole, you have to go back to Nancy Reagan who was similarly treated.

Saw the same deal with LWers on Mrs. Bush. SSDD.

Actually, compared to Michelle Obama, Laura Bush was treated extremely well. There was nothing approaching the level of vitriole directed at Michelle Obama.

If you want a better comparison, you need to go back to Nancy Reagan. Otherwise, it's not really SSDD.

bull, you weren't on this board when Bush was President

It may surprise you but this isn't the only political messageboard in town.

Must've had the embers stoked by Fox & Friends. Amiright? :dunno: Whatever the reason, it makes the rw'ers who are perpetuating it- skye, misty, etc... extremely petty :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

NEWSFLASH!!! First Ladies aren't elected. ;)

I think it's just being used as bait to make opponents look bad for taking it.
Same with media depicting anti-war peacemakers by showing the disruptive anarchists,
or trying to paint Tea Party as racist rednecks and Occupy as homeless vagrants.

Whatever stirs up ****.
It's about getting ratings and hits, and is no real reflection of what issues people are really working on and should be noted for. Negative publicity sells. Controversy and conflict, not solutions that would actually unite people and work longterm. That isn't sexy enough.

Actually, compared to Michelle Obama, Laura Bush was treated extremely well.

On this board, she was regularly called a drug-dealing murderess. I think, at a minimum, we can agree that both First Ladies have been treated deplorably by idiots on both sides.

This board isn't necessarily reflective of the outer world - I've seen people trashed here in ways that are not done in the media and blogosphere. I've seen very little trashing of Laura and I, for one, genuinely like her. I've seen a lot more viciousness coming at Michelle from rightwing media outlets than I ever saw aimed at Laura. Most of the vitriole was aimed at her husband.

driving_thing.gif

when was MO called a murderer?

That was the only actual attack I can recall made on Laura Bush. It was disgusting, condemned by many on the left as way beyond the pale and it never received a wide acceptance in the media. On the other hand, Michelle Obama has been called a racist, Marie Antoinette, pilloried for every initiative, she has attempted for children (was Laura?), attacked for her body (was Laura?), called unpatriotic, a hater of her country. If you want an honest comparison in vitriole, you have to go back to Nancy Reagan who was similarly treated.

Laura Bush was credited and applauded as a First Lady for a lot of outreach she did that was groundbreaking. She is a class act and there isn't a lot you could use against her.

Let's face it, saying things like this is the first time in your adult life you have been truly proud of America, is as fatal as Romney making that 47% comment also taken out of context. That is just going to create a negative image with people that's hard to shake.

yes she was and I can agree with you..
but Michelle just seems to rub people the wrong way how she moves herself into people lives, her constant preaching, she is not a elected person to make policy for us

I'm not a Michelle Obama fan for several of the reasons you have indicated. I dislike even more, however, the habit some on both sides of the political spectrum seem to have of going after a FEMALE political opponent based upon their looks, weight, voice tone, sexuality, etc. It is ugly misogyny and the fact that it continues so virulently to this day is disturbing. The way the left attacked Sarah Palin for issues other than her political beliefs was revolting, the way some on the right have gone after Michelle Obama has been disgusting. As a woman, I am MOST saddened by how many other women seem to be fine with it....as long as the woman being attacked is their political foe.

I absolutely agree. How often is a male politician attacked for his weight? His style? His clothes? His haircut? His fat butt? Unless the man is truly huge or spends an exhorborant amount of money on a hair cut - it is never mentioned.

ANYONE on the Dem side is attacked in a tidal wave of Pubcrappe for ANYTHING- the machine needs feeding...12 google pages of Pub propaganda sites going on about this- as usual. Dems have nothing like it, nor the armies of loudmouth ignorant hater dupes...now slowly disapearing tyvm...it's the information age after all- if they ever change the "channel"..

Hey asshole. Obama just gave he most divisive Inaugural speech in the Nation's history

Pay attention to what your leaders are doing to destroy civility.

Sure, superhaterdupe- how dare he mention what an intelligent country should do? LOL

I hope you are being sarcastic.
Judges are human, too, and can make poor judgment calls.
They are not some divine entity that can issue orders like a theocracy.
People retain free will to exercise religious freedom at all times.
Especially if you have taken a vow to defend the Constitution
but are given contrary orders that violate it. You have the right to refuse.
You are not a robot and you have free will to petition and resolve
conflicts if you believe a government official is out of line with the law.
If an officer told you to do something illegal you could refuse. Same here.
That's just natural law,and all humans are subject to it.

Must've had the embers stoked by Fox & Friends. Amiright? :dunno: Whatever the reason, it makes the rw'ers who are perpetuating it- skye, misty, etc... extremely petty :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

It's not like it is war.... it's only that people compare, it's human nature. For instance, I do admire Condoleezza Rice very much.... so much dignity.... such an articulate, intelligent, nice woman.... without a chip on her shoulder ......it's only human to compare. It's inevitable when you are under the public eye.:dunno:

I too admire Condoleezza Rice and I admire Michelle Obama for those same reasons. Both are intelligent, articulate, gifted women with a lot of strength and determination. :)

The Laura Bush thing was underground- the Michelle 40 things and all the other little character assassinations of ALL Dems are ALWAYS trumpeted at ten google pages at least of differnt Pub propaganda sites, then repeated and organized for the dupes, discussed as innuendo on Fox and Friends etc etc etc forever. A disgrace, for dupes only.

It's not like it is war.... it's only that people compare, it's human nature. For instance, I do admire Condoleezza Rice very much.... so much dignity.... such an articulate, intelligent, nice woman.... without a chip on her shoulder ......it's only human to compare. It's inevitable when you are under the public eye.:dunno:

do you like Dick too? :)

Condoleezza Rice blasts Cheney's "attack on my integrity" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says she does not "appreciate" the attack on her integrity implicit in former Vice President Dick Cheney's comments about her

I too admire Condoleezza Rice and I admire Michelle Obama for those same reasons. Both are intelligent, articulate, gifted women with a lot of strength and determination. :)

Respectfully..I agree to disagree with you.

They are two completely different human beings.

Condy is nice, intelligent, stylish, cultured.. ... so so far away from ...from that other one...you know who!:doubt:

I love Michelle Obama Tree Music
Translation: I Love Country Music

Can't
Understand
Normal
Thinking

Is that spelled out enough for you?

Michelle Obama is a bitch and her actions prove it. The things she has said like, "This is the first time I have ever been proud of my country" or "All this for a flag?" just top the list.

Ah, who cares really? We have to deal with these jackasses for four more years and then whoever becomes president in 2016 can start fixing the mess that the big o has/will create.

Forum List

Back