Why the renewed rw war on the First Lady?

Don't know, on another forum on this thread, the President's birthplace is a hot topic according to my User CP. It's only brainless Republicans still "asking questions" about it at this point. Perhaps you should try talking to them.

As for this thread....the GOP and it's members have yet to come to grips with a black man and woman in the White House and the continued seething hatred you see is a direct result of that.

Lefties and Righties are flip sides of the same ugly coin. Watching this country go to hell while idiots play these ridiculous "gotcha games" is annoying at best.

Best I can offer? You all suck! :tongue:

And you sit there on the fence taking potshots at both sides like a noncommittal coward. Got news for you, it is the Repubs hoping the country goes to hell. Democrats are working to make our future better.

Why would I want either side or choose either? Sarah I have voted as a D and as an Independent who voted R and as an American I get to say that both parties suck. If that appears noncommittal and cowardly to you so be it. I consider it freedom from partisan BS.

While I think that we should "pull our punches" to some degree when discussing the First Ladies...I do think that anything they do in the public sphere is up for comment, critique, and downright criticism.

I feel that the disgusting comments regarding Laura Bush's teenage and college years I read on this site were unbelievably out of line, just like I view the rude comments about Michelle Obama's body, hair, attitude, etc.

I do think, however, that comments regarding Michelle Obama's "Just Move" campaign and decisions she makes that relate to that are fair game. I feel that trips she takes are fair game. I feel that when she makes a comment that reflects (or may reflect her opinion) regarding issues that I care about...she's fair game. She is the First Lady. She represents our nation. She chose that lifestyle by marrying a man who chose to run successfully for President of this nation.

I think that, for the most part, it is fairly easy to tell the difference between legitimate criticism and partisan meanness. I think, however, that each side tends to get a bit more defensive of "their" First Lady...which is, perhaps sadly, natural.

I agree. No one is going to find any posts from me picking on Michelle for her looks. I take issue with her public displays of disdain for people and even our country. I'm sorry, but it is low class. The comments at the flag ceremony were downright shameful and she never even had the decency to apologize. She also has way more personal assistants than is necessary and we foot the bill, so we have every right to take issue with that. Same goes for all the vacations. Yes, all presidents and their families took vacations, but now we are in the worst economic mess in most of our lifetimes, so it's not unreasonable to insist that elected officials and their families respect us enough not to spend so lavishly on themselves.

If anyone in Washington, elected or not, costs the tax payers a lot of money, they best be ready for criticism when it's warranted.

Even the slightest disagreement with Obama or criticism of Michelle has bought on the disingenuous cries of racism or accusing people of waging a war. Apparently, they don't understand what real racism or a real war is all about. Or they just can't admit that it's tacky, at best, to spend so much on vacations while the rest of the country struggles to stay afloat.

She is a sow. Mooch doesn't walk. She lumbers. And has a particular talent for choosing to wear clothes that are deliberately unflattering.

Don't know, on another forum on this thread, the President's birthplace is a hot topic according to my User CP. It's only brainless Republicans still "asking questions" about it at this point. Perhaps you should try talking to them.

As for this thread....the GOP and it's members have yet to come to grips with a black man and woman in the White House and the continued seething hatred you see is a direct result of that.

Lefties and Righties are flip sides of the same ugly coin. Watching this country go to hell while idiots play these ridiculous "gotcha games" is annoying at best.

And you sit there on the fence taking potshots at both sides like a noncommittal coward. Got news for you, it is the Repubs hoping the country goes to hell. Democrats are working to make our future better.

yes, right,, 20 trillion in debt is gonna make our future all fuckin better.

I ignored the comment she made because she can't possibly be that much of a lefty hack.

Sarah, do you truly believe that the country is improving under this leadership?

Bottom line is that the sport of pissing and dissing on the First Ladies is pretty reflective of how much we do not pay attention to what matters in this country.

lol..hip waders called for here. Abortion is helping make our future better?
good gawd

I ignored the comment she made because she can't possibly be that much of a lefty hack.

Sarah, do you truly believe that the country is improving under this leadership?

Bottom line is that the sport of pissing and dissing on the First Ladies is pretty reflective of how much we do not pay attention to what matters in this country.

Oh yes she can! She regurgitates the talking points with percision.

somebody needs to tell her that one doesn't eat in public with the elbows propped up on the table.

Saw the same deal with LWers on Mrs. Bush. SSDD.

Actually, compared to Michelle Obama, Laura Bush was treated extremely well. There was nothing approaching the level of vitriole directed at Michelle Obama.

If you want a better comparison, you need to go back to Nancy Reagan. Otherwise, it's not really SSDD.

bull, you weren't on this board when Bush was President

I was once a rightie with the same canned talking points at the ready. I had an intervention. :badgrin:

Honestly everyone hates me now.:D

I was once a rightie with the same canned talking points at the ready. I had an intervention. :badgrin:

Honestly everyone hates me now.:D

^ thats no lie.

Actually, compared to Michelle Obama, Laura Bush was treated extremely well.

On this board, she was regularly called a drug-dealing murderess. I think, at a minimum, we can agree that both First Ladies have been treated deplorably by idiots on both sides.

What "war"?

examples?
links?

quotes?

:cuckoo:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/273981-michelle-caught-making-faces-at-john-boehner.html

We all know the Obamas have no class.

It's really really hard to put lipstick on a pig.

You can take the Negros out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the Negros.

And that is just from the first page of 7 so far!

Does that mean, also, that we've had a "war" on Cain, Romney, Bush, Rush, Rubio, Kerry, Gore.........
:confused:

People talk shit about people they don't like and/or disagree with.

"War", though??

:eusa_eh:

Actually, compared to Michelle Obama, Laura Bush was treated extremely well.

On this board, she was regularly called a drug-dealing murderess. I think, at a minimum, we can agree that both First Ladies have been treated deplorably by idiots on both sides.

yes she was and I can agree with you..
but Michelle just seems to rub people the wrong way how she moves herself into people lives, her constant preaching, she is not a elected person to make policy for us

Forum List

Back