Why the Rage?

Will the National Rage become Civil WAR?

• YES. We already see shootings , riots and it is growing.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • NO. People are coming to their senses and starting to work together.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • The American Dream is dead. Trumps wall is to keep people in, not out!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • The basic love of country will take over and force reconciliation!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THAI EXPAT

Jun 14, 2017
Thailand
For the first time in my life, I am truly a Happy Person! I have a guaranteed income, nice accommodation and freedom of action like I never experienced in America. Medical care and transportation are cheap and abundant. I eat and sleep when I like, go where I like, and associate with who I like. I also have the freedom to change my situation, any time the mood strikes.

So, I ask, why is everyone else in turmoil? Well, of course they're not, but those who fill the media are!

The same goes for those on this site, who spend their day posting one line insults, and creating false issues and attributing false personality traits to others. I have encountered at least half a dozen, truly disturbed people who have been on this site for years.

What we perceive, is our reality. I struggle to analyze the perception of others, and I increasingly fail as it is based primarily on emotion and little evidence.

People I am exposed to on social media tell the tale of their belief rather than an observation. It usually includes a motivation that they ascribed to an opponent; everyone is an opponent! The world is too complex for anyone to be in total agreement. Two individuals immediately judge each other by a phrase, or a verbiage associated with a certain group, or just an incorrect assumption.

Our language is filled with meaningless terminology and alphabet soup. Snowflake, LGBTQ, neo-, psudo, uber, cis-, WTF, LOL, making Donald Duck an intellectual. We talk at each other, secure in the knowledge we know everything and they are wrong! Righteousness adds bravado and certainty, prevents questioning.

So why the rage, when we have created our own environment?

THAT: is why the rage! IT IS OUR OWN DOING!

When I was born, television was just beginning to control our lives. Ladies still sat outside and talked to the neighbors, kids played with their friends, men went to the corner bar to converse, and the SUNDAY Paper was the primary source of advertising and communication.

But generations of Celebrity Politics eliminated issue debates and replaced them with performances.

Emotion replaced reason until all that is left is rage.

We can see what fools we have become, when the best we can do was Obama, the Clinton's and the Donald.

Now the worlds fate hinges on one man! THE ULTIMATE CELIBRITY!

The people are in a rage, because they were played for fools. No one is angrier than when they have been fooled, and know there is nothing they can do about it!!

For the first time in my life, I am truly a Happy Person! I have a guaranteed income, nice accommodation and freedom of action like I never experienced in America. Medical care and transportation are cheap and abundant. I eat and sleep when I like, go where I like, and associate with who I like. I also have the freedom to change my situation, any time the mood strikes.

So, I ask, why is everyone else in turmoil? Well, of course they're not, but those who fill the media are!

The same goes for those on this site, who spend their day posting one line insults, and creating false issues and attributing false personality traits to others. I have encountered at least half a dozen, truly disturbed people who have been on this site for years.

What we perceive, is our reality. I struggle to analyze the perception of others, and I increasingly fail as it is based primarily on emotion and little evidence.

People I am exposed to on social media tell the tale of their belief rather than an observation. It usually includes a motivation that they ascribed to an opponent; everyone is an opponent! The world is too complex for anyone to be in total agreement. Two individuals immediately judge each other by a phrase, or a verbiage associated with a certain group, or just an incorrect assumption.

Our language is filled with meaningless terminology and alphabet soup. Snowflake, LGBTQ, neo-, psudo, uber, cis-, WTF, LOL, making Donald Duck an intellectual. We talk at each other, secure in the knowledge we know everything and they are wrong! Righteousness adds bravado and certainty, prevents questioning.

When I was born, television was just beginning to control our lives. Ladies still sat outside and talked to the neighbors, kids played with their friends, men went to the corner bar to converse, and the SUNDAY Paper was the primary source of advertising and communication.

But generations of Celebrity Politics eliminated issue debates and replaced them with performances.

We can see what fools we have become, when the best we can do was Obama, the Clinton's and the Donald.

The people are in a rage, because they were played for fools. No one is angrier than when they have been fooled, and know there is nothing they can do about it!!
Yup. Henry Miller was banned in this country. The Naked and the Dead had to have "fuck" replaced with "fug" in order for Mailer to publish here. No one could say "ass" or "sucks" on tv. My heavens. Then what happened? Who knows. People screamed about violence on tv, but have you seen any tv lately? They didn't win.
Then Walter Cronkite died of old age.

No one's actually in a rage. How would you know, anyway, living in a Thai treehouse?

No turmoil here. I like how things are going. I voting hoping that libs would lose their minds, more than usual anyway. I eat and sleep good too. Maybe you watch too much fake news?

While its true that trump is a UUUge threat to the US, the constitution, individual well being, the safety of our food and water, global destabilization etc, its also true we have been attacked before. We have faced political sabotage before. Short term, the republic will survive. Long term, the biggest threat we face is to our planet.

Meanwhile, I have a very comfortable life. I'm retired, healthy, have no money problems and my future is financially secure. My entire living situation is very close to perfect.

Civil war? Those who blame other races for their own failures will continue to do that. Throughout history, those who feel a lack of control over their lives, an impotence like we see on the right these days - we've always had that. There's no doubt they will continue to attack and blame others for their own problems.

Yup. Henry Miller was banned in this country. The Naked and the Dead had to have "fuck" replaced with "fug" in order for Mailer to publish here. No one could say "ass" or "sucks" on tv. My heavens. Then what happened? Who knows. People screamed about violence on tv, but have you seen any tv lately? They didn't win.

No one's actually in a rage. How would you know, anyway, living in a Thai treehouse?

You have quite an imagination Old Lady. If you cannot see the rage that surrounds you, perhaps YOU need a vacation.
I have exposure to all the information the American Media stopped publishing in favor of fake news. Journalism is dead in USA.
IMG_0008.JPG

I live in a High Rise Condo, looking out at the ocean. Not a tree house.

So, I ask, why is everyone else in turmoil? Well, of course they're not, but those who fill the media are!!

Yet here you are day in day out- trying to create rage in the United States.

There are people- like yourself- like Donald Trump- and Michael Moore- who want to create an outrage culture.

You have a guaranteed government income.
You have cheap medical care and transportation for the same reason why companies move production to China and Vietnam- labor is cheaper there.

Yet you spend your time raging here at USMB about all that you perceive is wrong in the U.S.

You have quite an imagination Old Lady. If you cannot see the rage that surrounds you, perhaps YOU need a vacation.
I have exposure to all the information the American Media stopped publishing in favor of fake news. Journalism is dead in USA.

LOL and what is that information that the American Media stopped publishing in favor of 'fake news'?

What 'journalism' do you read?

What is your special source of information that the rest of us don't know about?

View attachment 136019
I live in a High Rise Condo, looking out at the ocean. Not a tree house.
I wouldn't presume to judge the overall mood of the people in Thailand based from my perch in Maine. I don't know what information you think you're getting that we don't get, but it sounds to me as if you're getting the same sensationalized garbage we are over here. I am not seeing rage all around me. Even the protests that have been large -- in D.C., NYC, elsewhere -- have been extremely peaceful. An Antifa group burns trashcans and breaks an occasional nose if the cops let 'em get away with it, mostly on the West coast.
I know rage. We ain't got it.

No turmoil here. I like how things are going. I voting hoping that libs would lose their minds, more than usual anyway. I eat and sleep good too. Maybe you watch too much fake news?
Reading USMESSAGEBOARD is where I see the RAGE! Kind sounds like you live in LA LA land. Do you know what Anosognosia is?

One of the reasons The Donald got elected was because so many people out there in the flyover part of the country felt like they were not being listened to or respected. People don't like to be ignored, and that tends to piss 'em off. I personally think Hillary lost the election because she dissed the people in the swing states that ordinarily go blue; enough people felt dissed and ignored and so either they didn't vote or they went for the guy that did show up int heir state and told them he was listening. You can say yeah, but he lied but that ain't the point.

Other thing is fear; over the past 8 years since the GR economic growth and wages have been pretty stagnate but the debt and deficits are growing. A lot. Yeah, our UE rate is low but so is the participation rate and there's a lot more people on some kind of gov't assistance and the truth is that many people don't like that. They don't want a handout, they want a decent paying job and a decent school to send their kids and grandkids to and affordable healthcare if they need it and the possibility of a decent retirement. Used to be most of us could have that but now we don't and that worries people, not only for themselves but future generations.

Last thing is, we seem to be enemies if we do not agree on something. Differences of opinion ought to be encouraged rather than shut down. Group think doesn't create much in the way of innovation or find better ways of educating our kids or providing better healthcare or anything else. And yet here we are, unwilling to even listen to each other. The ultimate in stupidity is to restrict yourself to only one avenue of thought; so we're not talking, not listening, and scared as hell about the what the future will bring. No wonder so many people are angry.

While its true that trump is a UUUge threat to the US, the constitution, individual well being, the safety of our food and water, global destabilization etc, its also true we have been attacked before. We have faced political sabotage before. Short term, the republic will survive. Long term, the biggest threat we face is to our planet.

Meanwhile, I have a very comfortable life. I'm retired, healthy, have no money problems and my future is financially secure. My entire living situation is very close to perfect.

Civil war? Those who blame other races for their own failures will continue to do that. Throughout history, those who feel a lack of control over their lives, an impotence like we see on the right these days - we've always had that. There's no doubt they will continue to attack and blame others for their own problems.
Donald Trump was elected BECAUSE of the rage, Barack Hussein Obama reignited. I did not mention race, but it seems important to you.

Donald Trump was elected BECAUSE of the rage, Barack Hussein Obama reignited. I did not mention race, but it seems important to you.

race was an issue in the turn of events over the Obama time

Reading USMESSAGEBOARD is where I see the RAGE! Kind sounds like you live in LA LA land. Do you know what Anosognosia is?
You're the one bitching about the US not me.

RWs blame Hispanics, Blacks, Muslims for problems of their own making. And yeah, they blame President Barack Hussein Obama for what has been part and parcel of the US for hundreds of years.

One of the reasons The Donald got elected was because so many people out there in the flyover part of the country felt like they were not being listened to or respected. People don't like to be ignored, and that tends to piss 'em off. I personally think Hillary lost the election because she dissed the people in the swing states that ordinarily go blue; enough people felt dissed and ignored and so either they didn't vote or they went for the guy that did show up int heir state and told them he was listening. You can say yeah, but he lied but that ain't the point.

Other thing is fear; over the past 8 years since the GR economic growth and wages have been pretty stagnate but the debt and deficits are growing. A lot. Yeah, our UE rate is low but so is the participation rate and there's a lot more people on some kind of gov't assistance and the truth is that many people don't like that. They don't want a handout, they want a decent paying job and a decent school to send their kids and grandkids to and affordable healthcare if they need it and the possibility of a decent retirement. Used to be most of us could have that but now we don't and that worries people, not only for themselves but future generations.

Last thing is, we seem to be enemies if we do not agree on something. Differences of opinion ought to be encouraged rather than shut down. Group think doesn't create much in the way of innovation or find better ways of educating our kids or providing better healthcare or anything else. And yet here we are, unwilling to even listen to each other. The ultimate in stupidity is to restrict yourself to only one avenue of thought; so we're not talking, not listening, and scared as hell about the what the future will bring. No wonder so many people are angry.
A well thought out and articulate comment. Trump was not my choice, but he is POTUS, and to not work with him to obtain the best result is un-American. Before Trump, Politicians promised everything to everybody, just to get elected. No wonder they are in a RAGE at REALITY. NO, you can't have everything, is something they never heard before!

RWs blame Hispanics, Blacks, Muslims for problems of their own making. And yeah, they blame President Barack Hussein Obama for what has been part and parcel of the US for hundreds of years.

Kinda true-----sorta----but that's politics

Forum List

Back