Why the Left hate's FNC

You gotta understand the history and political climate of the media. Prior to 1989 there was no concept of "talk radio" as we know it. After the propaganda era of WW2 it was Paul Harvey and the "Prairie Home Companion" or music. Rush Limbaugh invented the talk radio concept as we know it and rescued AM radio from obscurity. In the TV industry Walter Cronkite was "the most trusted man in America" even though he was a screaming liberal. There was no information on TV or the new fangled cable available to Americans other than liberal propaganda until Fox came along. So called moderates criticize Fox for alleged bias while ignoring the most flagrant abuse of the media in a hundred years which was freaking treason of CBS when they tried to use forged documents to influence a presidential election. After Dan Rather got fired the days of the powerful liberal news anchor were numbered and the radical left never stopped whining about it.

Utter bullshit. Oh wait, you just did.

I told your sorry ass in another thread, talk radio has been around for exactly 90 years. Part of that included Charles Coughlin, whose right-wing rants made Lush Rimblob look like a girl scout, as long ago as 1926. And he had his imitators then too. Another part of that history included William F. Buckley, whose show was so thoughtful and cerebral that commercial TV dumped it and it was rescued by PBS -- part of what psychos like you keep droning on and on and on and on about "liberal" media. So you're full of shit.

Prairie Home Companion btw wasn't invented until 1974 (as a local Minnesota show) and is a variety show anyway, not a talk show. And mass media in general, being dominated by large corporate networks, has historically if anything leaned to the right, not the left -- your obedient lapping up of whatever dish your rhetorical masters set down in front of you notwithstanding.

And Walter Cronkite never screamed.

Last edited:
You gotta understand the history and political climate of the media. Prior to 1989 there was no concept of "talk radio" as we know it. After the propaganda era of WW2 it was Paul Harvey and the "Prairie Home Companion" or music. Rush Limbaugh invented the talk radio concept as we know it and rescued AM radio from obscurity. In the TV industry Walter Cronkite was "the most trusted man in America" even though he was a screaming liberal. There was no information on TV or the new fangled cable available to Americans other than liberal propaganda until Fox came along. So called moderates criticize Fox for alleged bias while ignoring the most flagrant abuse of the media in a hundred years which was freaking treason of CBS when they tried to use forged documents to influence a presidential election. After Dan Rather got fired the days of the powerful liberal news anchor were numbered and the radical left never stopped whining about it.

I told your sorry ass in another thread, talk radio has been around for exactly 90 years. Part of that included Charles Coughlin, whose right-wing rants made Lush Rimblob look like a girl scout, as long ago as 1926. And he had his imitators then too. Another part of that history included William F. Buckley, whose show was so thoughtful and cerebral that commercial TV dumped it and it was rescued by PBS -- part of what psychos like you keep droning on and on and on and on about "liberal" media. So you're full of shit.

Prairie Home Companion btw wasn't invented until 1974 (as a local Minnesota show) and is a variety show anyway, not a talk show. And mass media in general, being dominated by large corporate networks, has historically if anything leaned to the right, not the left -- your obedient lapping up of whatever dish your rhetorical masters set down in front of you notwithstanding.

Here's the deal about the radio industry. Prior to about the early 50's there was no source of information or entertainment available to Americans other than radio. The radio programs ran from crazy rants to mystery to "variety" to kids stuff with legendary shows like "green hornet" "Gang Busters" and "Little Orphan Annie". By the 60's TV was affordable and AM was dying while FM radio dominated the airwaves. In the 80s Rush Limbaugh took AM radio and revived it into what we understand as the modern talk radio empire. Nobody ever did it better and he is still the king. As for Cronkite, after one of the greatest US victories in a hard fought war in Vietnam, Walter Cronkite jetted overseas, donned a helmet to pretend he was under fire and pronounced the US domination and victory in the TET offensive to be a "stalemate". LBJ caved in and it gave Giap breathing room to renew the conflict.

Here's the deal about the radio industry. Prior to about the early 50's there was no source of information or entertainment available to Americans other than radio. The radio programs ran from crazy rants to mystery to "variety" to kids stuff with legendary shows like "green hornet" "Gang Busters" and "Little Orphan Annie".

In your ignorance maybe that's all there was.

coughlinmic.jpg
220px-CarlMcIntire.JPG
Cantu+radio.jpg
FultonLewisAd.jpg
walter_winchell.jpg

As I said, you're full of shit.

Here's the deal about the radio industry. Prior to about the early 50's there was no source of information or entertainment available to Americans other than radio. The radio programs ran from crazy rants to mystery to "variety" to kids stuff with legendary shows like "green hornet" "Gang Busters" and "Little Orphan Annie". By the 60's TV was affordable and AM was dying while FM radio dominated the airwaves. In the 80s Rush Limbaugh took AM radio and revived it into what we understand as the modern talk radio empire. Nobody ever did it better and he is still the king. As for Cronkite, after one of the greatest US victories in a hard fought war in Vietnam, Walter Cronkite jetted overseas, donned a helmet to pretend he was under fire and pronounced the US domination and victory in the TET offensive to be a "stalemate". LBJ caved in and it gave Giap breathing room to renew the conflict.

Cronkite stated the obvious after Tet

Everyone except conservatives accept it. They still think victory was just around the corner

FNC has mostly opinion shows. And those are conservative opinions. They don't try to be "balanced" any more than the opinion shows in PMSNBC are. Sean Hannity is no more a news program than Rachel Madcow.

But...

I do watch The Five and Special report with Bret Baier. Bob Beckel knows more about the workings of politics than anybody here. And I am 100% in agreement with his stance on Muslim immigration.

Special report has been cited many times as the "most balanced newscast on TV" by people whose job it is to notice these things. I turn on that show to get the NEWS. And at 6:40 is the roundtable that always has a liberal on the panel.

In those two hours I get both sides of the issues. And I can make up my own mind without being told what to think.

FNC has mostly opinion shows. And those are conservative opinions. They don't try to be "balanced" any more than the opinion shows in PMSNBC are. Sean Hannity is no more a news program than Rachel Madcow.

But...

I do watch The Five and Special report with Bret Baier. Bob Beckel knows more about the workings of politics than anybody here. And I am 100% in agreement with his stance on Muslim immigration.

Special report has been cited many times as the "most balanced newscast on TV" by people whose job it is to notice these things. I turn on that show to get the NEWS. And at 6:40 is the roundtable that always has a liberal on the panel.

In those two hours I get both sides of the issues. And I can make up my own mind without being told what to think.

Wow. Calm, rational, reasonable post, thanks.

For a good, solid, dignified, balanced newscast you may also want to try Bloomberg TV's "Bottom Line" with Mark Crumpton, 7pm Eastern.

Last edited:
I watch Fox sometimes not for honest reporting but to see how they spin a particular event to support their biased point of view. There are times when President Obama is addressing the nation on an important event and Fox has nothing about it. Kinda shows who they are, certainly not a news agency. A survey last year demonstrated a Fox viewer was less informed than a caveman, kinda telling. See link. I do think they appeal to human nature's need for an enemy or a foe, that is where it shines. Hatred of another often brings out the best in people. ;) Their commentary on the last election was also a hoot, they got that all wrong - did they ever wonder why? Probably not as honesty and accurate reporting are not in their vocabulary. When you live in a bubble reality hasn't any place.

The chart in this piece from a Logic site gives an excellent example of how they distort. Logical Fallacies: The Fallacy Files

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

I watch Fox sometimes not for honest reporting but to see how they spin a particular event to support their biased point of view. There are times when President Obama is addressing the nation on an important event and Fox has nothing about it. Kinda shows who they are, certainly not a news agency. A survey last year demonstrated a Fox viewer was less informed than a caveman, kinda telling. See link. I do think they appeal to human nature's need for an enemy or a foe, that is where it shines. Hatred of another often brings out the best in people. ;) Their commentary on the last election was also a hoot, they got that all wrong - did they ever wonder why? Probably not as honesty and accurate reporting are not in their vocabulary. When you live in a bubble reality hasn't any place.

The chart in this piece from a Logic site gives an excellent example of how they distort. Logical Fallacies: The Fallacy Files

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

It is useful to watch Fox just to see what our rightwing posters will be whining about tomorrow

This from someone who has heir Reichs Fuhrer Family as his avatar picture -LMAO !!! ablecken versteifen Zipfel - JA !?

Liberals Fall for Hoax ‘Study’ Claiming Fox News Viewers Are Mentally Deficient

Given that actual legitimate polling of Republicans and Democrats has consistently showed that those on the right are much more likely to be informed about basic political facts, the “study” on its face should have been immediately suspect to anyone who read it.

Last edited:
Why the Left hate's FNC
They have an appropriate and justified disdain for a broadcasting entity that passes itself off as ‘news’ when in fact Fox has been caught lying many times and continues to distort and spin the facts to conform to rightist dogma and contrive controversies out of non-issues.

it's just comical watching brainwashed left-wing losers try to ridicule Fox News and dismiss them as not a serious media outlet.

the mindlessly hypocritical hold up as serious journalism broadcasting entities where there talking heads can be seen and heard OPENLY, not accidently off camera; but OPENLY AND ON AIR talking of their desire to take a sh*t in the mouths of conservative women.

libs are morons and hypocrites

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."
David Frum - Speechwriter for George W. Bush

Ray McGovern, a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries says the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda. But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."
David Frum is a liberal that masqueraded as a conservative for the gig. It's a stupid statement, and he has a lot of them that he can't support.
Ray McGovern, a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries says the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda. But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.
Such as...? Golly, I guess all retired CIA agents agree with him? Is that your point?

David Frum is a liberal that masqueraded as a conservative for the gig. It's a stupid statement, and he has a lot of them that he can't support.
Such as...? Golly, I guess all retired CIA agents agree with him? Is that your point?

David Frum is not a liberal. But anyone who doesn't parrot the party line is jettisoned.

David Frum and the Closing of the Conservative Mind
25 Mar 2010
by Bruce Bartlett

As some readers of this blog may know, I was fired by a right wing think tank called the National Center for Policy Analysis in 2005 for writing a book critical of George W. Bush's policies, especially his support for Medicare Part D. In the years since, I have lost a great many friends and been shunned by conservative society in Washington, DC.

Now the same thing has happened to David Frum, who has been fired by the American Enterprise Institute. I don't know all the details, but I presume that his Waterloo post on Sunday condemning Republicans for failing to work with Democrats on healthcare reform was the final straw.

Since, he is no longer affiliated with AEI, I feel free to say publicly something he told me in private a few months ago. He asked if I had noticed any comments by AEI "scholars" on the subject of health care reform. I said no and he said that was because they had been ordered not to speak to the media because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do.

It saddened me to hear this. I have always hoped that my experience was unique. But now I see that I was just the first to suffer from a closing of the conservative mind. Rigid conformity is being enforced, no dissent is allowed, and the conservative brain will slowly shrivel into dementia if it hasn't already.

Sadly, there is no place for David and me to go. The donor community is only interested in financing organizations that parrot the party line, such as the one recently established by McCain economic adviser Doug Holtz-Eakin.

I will have more to say on this topic later. But I wanted to say that this is a black day for what passes for a conservative movement, scholarship, and the once-respected AEI.

David Frum is not a liberal. But anyone who doesn't parrot the party line is jettisoned.
If he isn't a liberal he does a pretty good imitation of one. There is no "party line", the party has many that aren't in agreement. If you watched FOX news, you'd know.
25 Mar 2010
by Bruce Bartlett

As some readers of this blog may know, I was fired by a right wing think tank called the National Center for Policy Analysis in 2005 for writing a book critical of George W. Bush's policies, especially his support for Medicare Part D. In the years since, I have lost a great many friends and been shunned by conservative society in Washington, DC.
Yep. Sour grapes made him turn bitter. A speech writer writing a book critical of his employer isn't the way to scale the ladder of success. What would happen if one of Obama's speech writers wrote a book criticizing his policies?
Now the same thing has happened to David Frum, who has been fired by the American Enterprise Institute. I don't know all the details, but I presume that his Waterloo post on Sunday condemning Republicans for failing to work with Democrats on healthcare reform was the final straw.

Since, he is no longer affiliated with AEI, I feel free to say publicly something he told me in private a few months ago. He asked if I had noticed any comments by AEI "scholars" on the subject of health care reform. I said no and he said that was because they had been ordered not to speak to the media because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do.

It saddened me to hear this. I have always hoped that my experience was unique. But now I see that I was just the first to suffer from a closing of the conservative mind. Rigid conformity is being enforced, no dissent is allowed, and the conservative brain will slowly shrivel into dementia if it hasn't already.

Sadly, there is no place for David and me to go. The donor community is only interested in financing organizations that parrot the party line, such as the one recently established by McCain economic adviser Doug Holtz-Eakin.

I will have more to say on this topic later. But I wanted to say that this is a black day for what passes for a conservative movement, scholarship, and the once-respected AEI.
Poor babies. They bit the titty now they need a new host. Maybe they could work for a living? I know, crazy thought.

If he isn't a liberal he does a pretty good imitation of one. There is no "party line", the party has many that aren't in agreement. If you watched FOX news, you'd know.
25 Mar 2010
by Bruce Bartlett

Yep. Sour grapes made him turn bitter. A speech writer writing a book critical of his employer isn't the way to scale the ladder of success. What would happen if one of Obama's speech writers wrote a book criticizing his policies?

Poor babies. They bit the titty now they need a new host. Maybe they could work for a living? I know, crazy thought.

MrEf9ax.jpg

Forum List

Back