Why the hysteria over only 4-5% of the population?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011

Based on the 2013 NHIS data [collected in 2013 from 34,557 adults aged 18 and over], 96.6% of adults identified as straight, 1.6% identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7% identified as bisexual. The remaining 1.1% of adults identified as “something else[]” [0.2%,] stated “I don’t know the answer[]” [0.4%] or refused to provide an answer [0.6%].

More specifically, 1.8 percent of men self-identify as gay and 0.4 percent as bisexual, and 1.5 percent of women self-identify as lesbian and 0.9 percent as bisexual.

Who is hysterical over marriage equality?

U.S. Adults Estimate That 25% of Americans Are Gay or Lesbian

Those with lower incomes, the less educated, women, and young people give the highest estimates

Even if the "less educated" were right, marriage equality does not impact their lives, so why do they care? Why do they want Big Government to control the lives of these people?

What about politicians? Surely they know their monstrous bills making discrimination legal would affect only 5% of the population, so why do they harp on it?

My own opinion is that RW politicians pander to the fundie nutters because they figure they'll only lose that 5% of the vote.

What about posters here? Why do they get so hysterical over 5% of the population? Why do they want to deny them the same rights the rest of us enjoy?

Based on the 2013 NHIS data [collected in 2013 from 34,557 adults aged 18 and over], 96.6% of adults identified as straight, 1.6% identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7% identified as bisexual. The remaining 1.1% of adults identified as “something else[]” [0.2%,] stated “I don’t know the answer[]” [0.4%] or refused to provide an answer [0.6%].

More specifically, 1.8 percent of men self-identify as gay and 0.4 percent as bisexual, and 1.5 percent of women self-identify as lesbian and 0.9 percent as bisexual.

Those with lower incomes, the less educated, women, and young people give the highest estimates

Even if the "less educated" were right, marriage equality does not impact their lives, so why do they care? Why do they want Big Government to control the lives of these people?

What about politicians? Surely they know their monstrous bills making discrimination legal would affect only 5% of the population, so why do they harp on it?

My own opinion is that RW politicians pander to the fundie nutters because they figure they'll only lose that 5% of the vote.

What about posters here? Why do they get so hysterical over 5% of the population? Why do they want to deny them the same rights the rest of us enjoy?
because the ghey might rub off!

M

Maybe because those very few abnormal people want to shove it down everybody's throats.

What percent are like Stats who obviously are but claim they aren't?

Why did the LW politicitians vote against ghey marriage for hundreds of years? What changed?

M

Maybe because those very few abnormal people want to shove it down everybody's throats.
Is Homosexuality Normal
Being homosexual means having strong sexual feelings for a person of the same sex. Most scientists believe that homosexuality is a normal variation in sexual orientation. During adolescence you may find yourself attracted to a person of the same sex even if you are heterosexual. This does not necessarily mean that you will be gay.

Is Homosexuality Normal

that's a Freudian slip of the first magnitude!

M

Funny when phobes accidentally tell the truth.

:lmao:

in English please?

Why did the LW politicitians vote against ghey marriage for hundreds of years? What changed?

I suspect you really mean "liberals" and many did not change. They believed in equality and "live and let live" and they still do.

Other people, both left and right, have grown, evolved, educated themselves and realize there is not reason to deny equality to ANY portion of the population.

Others do indeed seem to believe it will rub off.

Then there are those are terrified of their own sexual feelings ...

Also, note that same sex marriage is not new and that what some say is "traditional" marriage really never existed.

in English please?

Some can't face their own truths and hide behind childish accusations ...

hey dumbshit gay marriage was not even an "thing" for hundreds of years.
It only became an issue in the last 50 or so years.
besides lots of gay and lesbian couples were secretly married.
state or religious sanctioning is only a formality.
why did grown men marry children for thousands OF YEARS ?

in English please?

Some can't face their own truths and hide behind childish accusations ...
CALLING SOMEone A FAG is the fallback position of the willfully ignorant and homophobic,.

Last edited:

What percentage of children being intentionally denied the human right to be raised by their actual parents is OK with you? Why should everyone be forced to subsidize these people if their numbers are so irrelevant?
Such a low percentage of males are homo yet they spread the most STD's by far.
Why such a loud and large representation in the public sphere if the numbers are so low? Why should they be so heavily propagated if their numbers are so irrelevant?

Eh. I have to give you that one. :lol:

What percentage of children being intentionally denied the human right to be raised by their actual parents is OK with you? Why should everyone be forced to subsidize these people if their numbers are so irrelevant?
Why such a loud and large representation in the public sphere if the numbers are so low? Why should they be so heavily propagated if their numbers are so irrelevant?
ever heard the terms irrelevant or stfu?

I suspect you really mean "liberals" and many did not change. They believed in equality and "live and let live" and they still do.

Other people, both left and right, have grown, evolved, educated themselves and realize there is not reason to deny equality to ANY portion of the population.

Also, note that same sex marriage is not new and that what some say is "traditional" marriage really never existed.
Agreed. It's not a left / right thing. It's an authoritarian / fear thing. Fear that if we let the gays have civil rights their gayness will infect the population. They are scared.

Agreed. It's not a left / right thing. It's an authoritarian / fear thing. Fear that if we let the gays have civil rights their gayness will infect the population. They are scared.
I smell disingenuousness !

My point was this is not a left vs. right thing. This is an authoritarian / fear of change thing with authoritarians of both sides lining up to screw the gays over. The left merely shifted, for once, in favor of a minority group getting liberties slightly ahead of the republican establishment. Shame on the republicans for moving this slowly.... shame on the democrats too, shame on the democrats for making it a poll time decision.

"What percentage of children being intentionally denied the human right to be raised by their actual parents is OK with you?"

How does marriage equality 'deny children their [birth] parents'?

"Why should everyone be forced to subsidize these people if their numbers are so irrelevant?"

Who is "subsidizing" same sex marriage?

Same sex marriage was recorded as far back as the 13th century.

My point was this is not a left vs. right thing. This is an authoritarian / fear of change thing with authoritarians of both sides lining up to screw the gays over. The left merely shifted, for once, in favor of a minority group getting liberties slightly ahead of the republican establishment. Shame on the republicans for moving this slowly.... shame on the democrats too, shame on the democrats for making it a poll time decision.
still not buying your mia culpa.

Forum List

Back