Why the hell isn't the Super Bowl on Saturday night?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This seems like one of the worst scheduling ideas ever.....why would you schedule the biggest sporting event on a night that everyone has to worry about going to work the next day? Since they can put it on any day of the week, why don't they put it on Saturday night, or even a Friday night, when everyone can party and drink and not have to worry about work?

Probably trying to keep white men from beating their wives and girlfriends should their team lose. If you cant get drunk then you dont really have an excuse.

Probably trying to keep white men from beating their wives and girlfriends should their team lose. If you cant get drunk then you dont really have an excuse.

Seems to me it is the black players beating up their girlfriends and wives....on cameras in public places that is more of a problem.....since the "domestic violence because of the Super Bowl" lie was disproven years ago...but the black players beating up their wives and girlfriends.....caught on video...

Seems to me it is the black players beating up their girlfriends and wives....on cameras in public places that is more of a problem.....since the "domestic violence because of the Super Bowl" lie was disproven years ago...but the black players beating up their wives and girlfriends.....caught on video...
Black players cant do that if they are playing so thats a retarded reason. Domestic violence has been proven to increase during sporting events like the super bowl.

Football Upsets Increase Domestic Violence, Study Finds

Black players cant do that if they are playing so thats a retarded reason. Domestic violence has been proven to increase during sporting events like the super bowl.

That is a lie.....

The Super Bowl Domestic Violence Myth | HuffPost

In 1993, a group of advocates appeared on television, making this now oft-cited claim, that the game provides the backdrop for violence in homes across the U.S. They cited the game of football as being violent (certainly true) and linked this to the ceremony surrounding its most-watched game. This half-truth was then parroted across paper headlines and TV talk-shows until it was accepted as fact.

The truth is that violence in the household sometimes spikes during the holidays, but existing data does not show any significant correlation between incidents and time of year. As a large portion of abuse goes unreported, it is important to only consider this data as “reported incidents.”

The perpetuation of the Super Bowl myth has potentially harmful consequences. By making the domestic violence about the date on the calendar rather than the reprehensible act itself, the game becomes yet one more excuse in the arsenal of apologies for domestic violence, along with: “oh, he just has a temper,” “she was asking for it”, and “this only happens once a year.” By leaning on this faulty data, by allowing football and the Super Bowl to become the scapegoat, we shift the culpability from the people who commit these horrid acts, and stunt the dialogue necessary to encourage others to report and ultimately prevent them.

Who says I can't get drunk, and beat my wife on a Sunday?

I used to like NFL football, and watch the Super Bowl, but it's a crap Miss Nancy game now filled with preening divas, and the commercials are endless and no longer funny due to political correctness. Halftime after Prince did it in 2007 has been shit. What's the point?

Black domestic violence doesn’t increase due to sports events because it’s always sky high.

Black domestic violence doesn’t increase due to sports events because it’s always sky high.
Pretty sure that Black domestic violence goes up as well but not as much as whites. White people cant stand losing. Thats why they cheat at everything.

Forum List

Back