Why "the fence" won't work

Funny, on the border with San Diego a double layered wall was installed and it cut illegal immigration back to a trickle. The double layered wall on the most porous areas of the border would do the same. Electrify it with a non-lethal zap and it would do the trick. No need for land mines or shoot to kill orders. A good physical barrier would help the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively.

Better way is to simply create a genuine disincentive to immigrating illegally as with more severe penalties for employers who hire illegals, and things on that end of it. If no one's willing to hire you your reason for coming here evaporates.

I agree but it needs to go further than that. All benefits to illegal aliens need to be removed and birthright citizenship needs to change. They can come here now and give birth on our soil and collect all kinds of welfare benefits through them. Work a few odd jobs under the table and they can survive with both.

If that's all they're doing I could give a shit. That makes non-citizenship a mere technicality. American labor benefits from illegal immigrant labor. Until that changes, nothing done to fight illegal immigration can work because the benefit outweighs the risk. Eliminate the benefit and suddenly the risk outweighs the benefit. But going after illegal immigrant rights absent going after business is simply persecuting honest workers living within the law but for how they got here. And in a very hypocritical way. We accept the labor help from illegals, yet punish them for being illegals. That's unfair and not a good way of doing things for a country that claims it's a glboal force for good.

How does the American laborer benefit from illegal alien labor? You're not making any sense here. Who is suggesting that we only go after the illegal aliens without going after the employers also? Hint... no one! Honest workers? They are either working with a fake or stolen ID or working under the table and not paying income taxes. Their first dishonest act was crossing our border illegally in the first place. Who is this "we" you are referring to? Most Americans do not employ them all they get is an increase in their taxes supporting their social costs. Not to mention the loss of jobs and reduced wages. I guess you don't care about the unfairness to the American worker/taxpayer. You care only for these immigration lawbreakers. Why do you love these foreigners more than your fellow law abiding citizens? Every country in the world has immigration laws and for good reasons. How is it unfair to enforce them?

Better question's why do you hate them so much? Just people, whether legal or not they're objectively no different than anyone else already here. You just some shitkicking racist 'tard hitting the response pedal when someone shows you a picture of brown people?

"Me dun like brown peeple." (stomps the pedal)

Quit being such a whiny little bitch about things and mind your own business for a change. Pleanty of your beloved citizens are hardcore criminals and perfectly legal citizens. If the worst thing an illegal immigrant has done is skip some papaerwork a blessing on their house.

You can go F yourself.

No, it's not a better question as hate has nothing to do with wanting immigrants to come here legally rather than in violation of our laws. American lawbreakers are people to but what has that to do with anything? Should they get a pass on justice just because they are people? WTH do you think laws are in place in the first place?

Ah, so now with the childish insults. A sure sign that you've lost the argument.. FYI, I have no problem with "brown" people who are here legally and respect our laws. So stick your race card where the sun don't shine!

Our laws are my business and every other American's business. Any citizen criminals should face justice also.

LOL, so all they did was skip some paperwork? You're totally clueless aren't you? That's only the tip of the iceberg of what they do. How's this for analogy? An American skips paying for something aka steals it Should he get a pass on that? Ah, and now you end with childish profanity. Typical illegal alien supporter and American hater.

Estimates of completing the 1,400 miles of border fence that remain fence free range from a low of 23 billion dollars to a high of 49 billion dollars. That does not include things like monitoring, radar, watch towers manpower, drones, etc. All that for a system that may not be efficient. Spend less than a billion accountents, prosecutors and prison cells for the folks who hire illegals and we can save wheel barrels and tractor trailer loads of money. Heck, we could make the program pay for itself with fines levied against the criminals who create the problem.
Workshy Americans on welfare create the problem, don't kid yourself.
No, illegal aliens wiling to work for less is the problem.
An American that can't compete with poor illegals in the land of free education just ought to slit his wrists and let karma recycle him.

Estimates of completing the 1,400 miles of border fence that remain fence free range from a low of 23 billion dollars to a high of 49 billion dollars. That does not include things like monitoring, radar, watch towers manpower, drones, etc. All that for a system that may not be efficient. Spend less than a billion accountents, prosecutors and prison cells for the folks who hire illegals and we can save wheel barrels and tractor trailer loads of money. Heck, we could make the program pay for itself with fines levied against the criminals who create the problem.
Workshy Americans on welfare create the problem, don't kid yourself.
No, illegal aliens wiling to work for less is the problem.
An American that can't compete with poor illegals in the land of free education just ought to slit his wrists and let karma recycle him.

It's not because they can't compete skill wise and you know it! It's because illegal aliens are willing to work for less so the greedy employers hire them instead to increase their profits. Stop playing dumb here!

separation wall in ISRAEL works pretty well !! Walls work fine , might not exclude 100% but 95 plus % success is good enough and then you use other steps to exclude interlopers . I hear that the Saudis are building border walls as I type .

except Israel is an apartheid state with daily terrorist incidents. I'm not sure that's a role model anyone would want to follow.

Luddley's Left Wing Nutter Rule # 5446:

The fence isn't 100% effective so it's best to do nothing at all.

The problem is, it's not even 50 percent effective.

On Penn and Teller's B.S., they went to a home Depot and hired 6 illegals to build a section of fence just like the ones you guys want to build. It was about a 20 foot section, and it took them most of the day to do it.

Then they broke them into three teams. One team had to go UNDER, one had to cut their way THROUGH and the other had to go UNDER. They were all through in less than two minutes.

I like the Seperation Wall 'JoeB' and would have no problem with a separation wall the entire link of the southern border.

separation wall in ISRAEL works pretty well !! Walls work fine , might not exclude 100% but 95 plus % success is good enough and then you use other steps to exclude interlopers . I hear that the Saudis are building border walls as I type .

except Israel is an apartheid state with daily terrorist incidents. I'm not sure that's a role model anyone would want to follow.

Except there is no actual apartheid inside Israel proper.

Yup, keep telling yourself that. I know you really need to believe that.

Yup, keep telling yourself that. I know you really need to believe that.

No, it's just a fact. Where in Israel proper is there apartheid if you think I'm wrong

Luddley's Left Wing Nutter Rule # 5446:

The fence isn't 100% effective so it's best to do nothing at all.

The problem is, it's not even 50 percent effective.

On Penn and Teller's B.S., they went to a home Depot and hired 6 illegals to build a section of fence just like the ones you guys want to build. It was about a 20 foot section, and it took them most of the day to do it.

Then they broke them into three teams. One team had to go UNDER, one had to cut their way THROUGH and the other had to go UNDER. They were all through in less than two minutes.

The double layered wall that was built along a sector of our border in
San Diego was very effective. If it were built along the most porous sectors of our southern border it would cut illegal immigration way back. A good physical barrier would help the Border Patrol immensely. There are tunnel sensors. That wall can't be cut through. Next lame excuse.........

here you go JOEB , pics of separation wall in Israel !! --- pictures of israel s separation wall - Bing Images --- its a thing of beauty !! Works very well from what I hear !!

Yesterday, a couple of Zionists got run down by an Arab. Then some Zionist nearly got lynched by an Arab mob.

not to mention the three Zionists who got kidnapped and killed earlier in the year.

Frankly, I would never want our relationship with Mexico to become as dysfunctional as the Zionist Entity has with the Arab world.

San Diego was very effective. If it were built along the most porous sectors of our southern border it would cut illegal immigration way back. A good physical barrier would help the Border Patrol immensely. There are tunnel sensors. That wall can't be cut through. Next lame excuse........

If it's so effective, why are illegals still getting in?

San Diego was very effective. If it were built along the most porous sectors of our southern border it would cut illegal immigration way back. A good physical barrier would help the Border Patrol immensely. There are tunnel sensors. That wall can't be cut through. Next lame excuse........

If it's so effective, why are illegals still getting in?

Because it was only built along 20 some miles of it so the illegals just moved to a different location to get in. If it were built along the most porous areas of our southern border it would be much more difficult to get in.

just good common sense Oldglory but the way these libs think if it isn't 100% effective then there is no reason to even TRY to exclude invaders !!

Forum List

Back