Why the dems love Biden's boorish behavior

Well not sure that is sure. for everyone. But i must admit white house are not doing a good job at winning reelection at the moment.

i just worry it too late now. That romney has got the big mo and he unlikely to lose it now.

as a liberal who wants obama to win i am fearing that the mistakes like this are not helping his chances. You need to appeal to the base but got to reach independents to win reelection.

this election is really about nine to ten swing states and in places like ohio and flordia joe behavior won,t have helped.

its amazing how in two weeks this election has changed, Back in september romney team was the one making all the mistakes . Now it all obama campagain doing all the mistakes at worst time of the year. From obama awful debate performance to libya and now with joe biden rudeness its not looking good.

If your a conservative you got to be very confident now.

Wow, some intellectual honesty. Thanks. Holy crap.

First of all, I agree that Biden may have hurt their chances with independents by acting like that. On the other hand, both parties will tell you that "firing up the base" is always the top priority, so that may have been the, uh, "strategy". They've gotta get the highest possible percentage of their base out, as does the GOP.

Also, I wouldn't fold up the tent on the election. It's still 50/50, and Obama still has a lead in electoral votes. This could easily go either way, and Obama's next debate performance will be better, I have no doubt. Okay, well, not MUCH doubt.

Given that the genuinely boorish Chris Christie is on just about every conservative's short list of favorite Republicans,

it's quite funny to read all this sanctimonious anti-boor horseshit.

as a liberal who wants obama to win i am fearing that the mistakes like this are not helping his chances. You need to appeal to the base but got to reach independents to win reelection.

this election is really about nine to ten swing states and in places like ohio and flordia joe behavior won,t have helped.

its amazing how in two weeks this election has changed, Back in september romney team was the one making all the mistakes . Now it all obama campagain doing all the mistakes at worst time of the year. From obama awful debate performance to libya and now with joe biden rudeness its not looking good.

Wow, some intellectual honesty. Thanks. Holy crap.

First of all, I agree that Biden may have hurt their chances with independents by acting like that. On the other hand, both parties will tell you that "firing up the base" is always the top priority, so that may have been the, uh, "strategy". They've gotta get the highest possible percentage of their base out, as does the GOP.

Also, I wouldn't fold up the tent on the election. It's still 50/50, and Obama still has a lead in electoral votes. This could easily go either way, and Obama's next debate performance will be better, I have no doubt. Okay, well, not MUCH doubt.

thank you for very nice comments. Firstly you make a very good point. It is very important you fire up the base to vote in the swing states as that is key to any election.
You also right that he might have hurt the chances with undecideds who hate the parisan attacks they are so used to seeing sadly in congress these days from both sides.
I have no folded up the tent yet but each day the obama team makes more mistakes the less confident i get. You see romney lead increase in some swing states and close in on obama on others and it leaves me worried,

But your also right about next two debates. Obama must turn up. He if underpeforms either time again then it all over for me .

What he must also do is get white house to sort out their response now to this libya thing as it could derail the whole campagain for obama. They all saying different thing which only gives media more meat to chew on

6a0105349ca980970c017ee41cc5c6970d-500wi

The contrast of how liberals were able to handle Obama's loss in the first debate to how conservatives here are turning into feces throwing zoo animals over Ryan's loss is...

...well..

...absolutely no surprise to anyone with a brain.

Given that the genuinely boorish Chris Christie is on just about every conservative's short list of favorite Republicans,

Just picture Chris Christie naked. All thoughts about someone being sanctimonious will evaporate. Even Obama might question his own sanctimoniousness with that picture locked into his brain.

I love Christie, lol.

I have no problem with Joe being boorish, it was entertaining as hell.

I do think it's worth mentioning that the left embraces and loves that sort of behavior...given their eternal spouting about civility, and whining about such characters as Coulter, Rush and Christie.

Incidentally, I've never seen any of those ppl put on the show that Joe did. Their words are perhaps cutting and objectionable, but the whole yucking and arm waving and pshawing...I haven't seen it even when they're piled on.

Except of course, we all see that this election can turn on a dime. No one can afford to get comfortable.
True but i can not help but feel that as long as romney does not make any mistakes from now till election its his to lose .. His base will come more then obama will and he got growing leads in some key swing states. So as long as he avoids any gaffes or major mistakes he the favorite to be the next president. I hope i am wrong but we see

Because ultimately, it isn't their demeanor that the left objects to..it's their words. That's why you pretend it's hate speech. You can't nail them on their manners....so you tag the uncomfortable truths they spout as "hate speech" because it makes you appear hateful..

That is true but he not running in this race so it won,t get same attention. Personally think you make a good point but fact is that focus is on guys running in this election not on those are not. That always been way in presidential elections

I completely agree. I think if he hadn't run interference so effectively, Ryan had the potential to come off as a star, just because he's engaging and cute and he can really zing when he gets the chance. I think Joe's objective was just to prevent that from happening, and to appear competent himself...and he did that.

It's pretty much what I expected...though you always HOPE your guy will really sweep everyone off their feet. It rarely happens in the VP debates.

I completely agree. I think if he hadn't run interference so effectively, Ryan had the potential to come off as a star, just because he's engaging and cute and he can really zing when he gets the chance. I think Joe's objective was just to prevent that from happening, and to appear competent himself...and he did that.

It's pretty much what I expected...though you always HOPE your guy will really sweep everyone off their feet. It rarely happens in the VP debates.
some good point their.

i think veep debates though do not often have massive effect unless of a major gaffe or best peformance of all time. Neither happened last night so can,t see it having much effect on this election.

"The morning after the vice presidential debate, Democrats are delighted. Vice President Joe Biden’s obnoxious display was exactly what was needed to cheer them up after a week of morose speculation about why President Obama was so passive and uninspired at last week’s first presidential debate with Mitt Romney. Indeed, the more Biden giggled, smirked and interrupted Paul Ryan, the better they liked it. While his condescending and bullying behavior contradicted liberal doctrine about conservatives being the ones guilty of polluting the public square with political incivility, it embodied their complete contempt for both Republicans and their ideas. Biden’s nastiness may have re-invigorated a Democratic base that wanted nothing so much as to tell their opponents to shut up, even if it may have also alienated a great many independents."

Why Dems Loved Biden

Biden wasn't boring. :lol: Or Boorish.

Boring? No. He was interesting in the same sense that watching a very badly insane guy making a spectacle of himself in public is "interesting."

But he most certainly WAS boorish.

"liberalism is a mental disorder", "Obama pals around with terrorists", "Obama is a Communist", etc.............. Get off your high horse about politeness.

which elected republican office-holder said any of those things?
i think that stuff mostly comes from cable news sadly. I think neither left or right do themselves any good when they throw those words around. hated people calling bush names and the same with obama. Does american politics no good when people resort to name calling.

CaféAuLait;6149114 said:
The contrast of how liberals were able to handle Obama's loss in the first debate to how conservatives here are turning into feces throwing zoo animals over Ryan's loss is...

...well..

...absolutely no surprise to anyone with a brain.

:lol:

Funny, now he admits Obama lost.

Forum List

Back