Why the dems love Biden's boorish behavior

I think joe a smart and good guy myself. But personally don,t think last night was best debate he ever had.

No, he fucking lied...The whole "it was the video" narrative has been exposed.

I just watched the video again.

He specifically said "that is Libya" to correct himself.

You can make up shit all you want, it doesn't make it true.

What surprises me is how the conversation the night after isn't about the strong differences in foreign policy which largely gang fucked this country to begin with or the clear difference in tax philosophy. The conversation has been dictated to be that we're supposed to all focus on a seasoned politician laughing in the face of a pretty unprepared sunday school teacher.

Also Ryan in my mind had the biggest gaff last night when he called freedom of religious our first freedom. I found that rather frightening.

Question for conservatives: Can you say with all honesty and to your knowledge, that only one side of the aisle has "boorish" characters like Joe Biden?

Both sides have their moments. HOWEVER, the top candidates normally behave. Biden came off as a creepy buffoon to me last night, rather desperate. I wasn't concerned with him being boorish.

"The morning after the vice presidential debate, Democrats are delighted. Vice President Joe Biden’s obnoxious display was exactly what was needed to cheer them up after a week of morose speculation about why President Obama was so passive and uninspired at last week’s first presidential debate with Mitt Romney. Indeed, the more Biden giggled, smirked and interrupted Paul Ryan, the better they liked it. While his condescending and bullying behavior contradicted liberal doctrine about conservatives being the ones guilty of polluting the public square with political incivility, it embodied their complete contempt for both Republicans and their ideas. Biden’s nastiness may have re-invigorated a Democratic base that wanted nothing so much as to tell their opponents to shut up, even if it may have also alienated a great many independents."

Why Dems Loved Biden

boorish behavior?

funny... you loved it when romney did it....

and you adore coulter and the most vile of the righties.

so i'd get over it if i were you, hon.

I actually LIKE Biden. I've commented often that I like him. I think he's a hoot.

But the point stands...the party that whines about civility is the party that thinks it's cool to be rude and disdainful. The article nailed it. Ultimately, you only expect respect and consideration from others..not yourselves, and you think it's funny when your guys act like he did.

I haven't seen Romney be disrespectful, so I don't know what you're talking about when you said "loved it when Romney did it".

PS...coulter is a satirist and political commentator. Not VP.

Last edited:
I think joe a smart and good guy myself. But personally don,t think last night was best debate he ever had.

He was entitled to his Senate position for a life time. Why would he care about debating skills?
look his debating skills not that important to what he done in his life they are now. But in terms of us election they are important as most people who watch the debates watch your body language as much as what you say.

it was same in uk when we had debates. Gordon brown body language was negative often and that did not help him in many of the debates against david cameron and nice clegg.

So it is important when you want to get your message acrosss

What surprises me is how the conversation the night after isn't about the strong differences in foreign policy which largely gang fucked this country to begin with or the clear difference in tax philosophy. The conversation has been dictated to be that we're supposed to all focus on a seasoned politician laughing in the face of a pretty unprepared sunday school teacher.

Also Ryan in my mind had the biggest gaff last night when he called freedom of religious our first freedom. I found that rather frightening.

I find it frightening that leftist regressives are so ignorant that you don't realize that the 1st amendment IS the 1st of the rights listed....

You've never even seen the constitution or bill of rights, have you?

I was suprised. He played it so diffently against sarah palin four years ago. He was in control while never seeming to be rude.

But i think obama people told him he had to go all out and get at ryan. But that was always dangerous as when joe does too far he makes gaffes or to mean

I agree that for me it was out of character for joe last night. I just think if obama had peformed better last week he would not have needed to push boat out so far

Paul ryan not someone i like very much at all but joe behavior let him off the hook last night.

He was entitled to his Senate position for a life time. Why would he care about debating skills?
look his debating skills not that important to what he done in his life they are now. But in terms of us election they are important as most people who watch the debates watch your body language as much as what you say.

it was same in uk when we had debates. Gordon brown body language was negative often and that did not help him in many of the debates against david cameron and nice clegg.

So it is important when you want to get your message acrosss

The entitled class has no desire to perform well.

Both sides have their moments. HOWEVER, the top candidates normally behave. Biden came off as a creepy buffoon to me last night, rather desperate. I wasn't concerned with him being boorish.

As would anyone on the left that dared to get angry over right-wing lies.

When you're wearing a pair of Fox-colored filters on your glasses, you'll see them all as "creepy buffoons".

I was suprised. He played it so diffently against sarah palin four years ago. He was in control while never seeming to be rude.

But i think obama people told him he had to go all out and get at ryan. But that was always dangerous as when joe does too far he makes gaffes or to mean

Yeah, it's pretty much up in the air if he helped more then just the base. It's also a bit frighting for the Dems. that this late in the game they are still playing to their base. So far many women's reaction to Biden's performance last night (Twitter) has been ghastly.

I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that the right-wingers have their panties all in a bunch, because someone on the left actually got angry during a debate, at the fact that his opponent was blatantly lying.

You people watch FoxNews all day, where right-wing talking heads scream all day about imagined left-wing conspiracies, and then when someone shows some fire when confronted with bullshit, you claim he acted "boorish".

Please. It's about time someone stood up for the facts.

as a liberal who wants obama to win i am fearing that the mistakes like this are not helping his chances. You need to appeal to the base but got to reach independents to win reelection.

this election is really about nine to ten swing states and in places like ohio and flordia joe behavior won,t have helped.

its amazing how in two weeks this election has changed, Back in september romney team was the one making all the mistakes . Now it all obama campagain doing all the mistakes at worst time of the year. From obama awful debate performance to libya and now with joe biden rudeness its not looking good.

If your a conservative you got to be very confident now.

I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that the right-wingers have their panties all in a bunch, because someone on the left actually got angry during a debate, at the fact that his opponent was blatantly lying.

You people watch FoxNews all day, where right-wing talking heads scream all day about imagined left-wing conspiracies, and then when someone shows some fire when confronted with bullshit, you claim he acted "boorish".

Please. It's about time someone stood up for the facts.

I don't see the right wing with their "panties in a bunch" at all, quite the opposite. Most of the right says Biden did better than expected, but the weird laughing and smirks made a bad impression.

The regressive left is having a melt down "Ohmygawd Ohmygawd Ohmygawd Ohmygawd Biden SO WON OhmygawdOhmygawdOhmygawd"

To anyone rational, it was a close debate with no clear "winner," and an issue of Biden's creepy demeanor.

as a liberal who wants obama to win i am fearing that the mistakes like this are not helping his chances. You need to appeal to the base but got to reach independents to win reelection.

this election is really about nine to ten swing states and in places like ohio and flordia joe behavior won,t have helped.

its amazing how in two weeks this election has changed, Back in september romney team was the one making all the mistakes . Now it all obama campagain doing all the mistakes at worst time of the year. From obama awful debate performance to libya and now with joe biden rudeness its not looking good.

If your a conservative you got to be very confident now.

Except of course, we all see that this election can turn on a dime. No one can afford to get comfortable.

Forum List

Back