Why The Coordinated Alternative Media Purge Should Terrify Everyone...

BS. The Government is not shutting down websites for their political content.

Government is doing it by way of its Corporate Media proxies. They wanna turn the clock back. They wanna get back to the People only having access to a few Government/Corporate-approved Media Outlets. But hopefully the People will fight back and not allow it.

Gee, there must be a list a mile long of sites they have shut down.

Got a list of those handy?

How did they do it? Did they deny them DNS Registration? Drone strike on their Servers?

Shutting sites would be the next phase. But for right now, Government's Corporate proxies are doing the job. They're making it much more difficult for people to access alternative media.

Yeah I see what you mean. Its tough to type www.infowars,com in a browser.

PayPal has now banned Infowars too. Cut off the funding, alternative media dies. The Government/Corporate Media knows that very well. This is a very dangerous ongoing coordinated purge.

PayPals is a privately owned company that is not required to do business with a CT media outlet that pushes vile CT's like Sandy Hook.

Not what these purges are about. They're about limiting information. It's all about the Government/Corporate Media forcing Citizens to only have access to their 'Approved' Media. All Americans should be very disturbed by these purges.

When they shut down this dumb fuck, then I'll be worried.

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Only having access to Government/Corporate-approved information, is bad for all Americans. That includes you.

What sites have they shut down?

That would be their next step. I'm sure that's the plan. But for now, they're satisfied with purging and making it more difficult for people to access alternative media. Big Brother's Corporate proxies are doing the job.
"I'm sure that's the plan." :haha:

You so sure about that?

Americans just need to ask why Government/Corporate Media Outlets like CNN, NBC, Washington Post, NY Times, and so on, haven't been banned. They certainly push political messages for profit. Just ask yourself why they still enjoy free reign.

I seem to recall something about ….

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

In the Bill of Rights, that *might* be just a tiny bit of an impediment to "banning" those outlets.

Government is doing it by way of its Corporate Media proxies. They wanna turn the clock back. They wanna get back to the People only having access to a few Government/Corporate-approved Media Outlets. But hopefully the People will fight back and not allow it.

How did they do it? Did they deny them DNS Registration? Drone strike on their Servers?

Shutting sites would be the next phase. But for right now, Government's Corporate proxies are doing the job. They're making it much more difficult for people to access alternative media.

PayPal has now banned Infowars too. Cut off the funding, alternative media dies. The Government/Corporate Media knows that very well. This is a very dangerous ongoing coordinated purge.

PayPals is a privately owned company that is not required to do business with a CT media outlet that pushes vile CT's like Sandy Hook.

Yes, go after the funding, and Alternative Media dies. I fully expect that tactic to be used more & more by the Government/Corporate Media Complex.

They also ban ISIS and other terrors orgs. You going to cry for them too?

With talk of 'Journalist Licenses' and the latest Facebook purge of Alternative Media sources, we are heading down a very dark path. Looks like Big Brother and his big Corporate Media partners, are beginning to force their 'Approved' Media on us.

Any Media Outlet not willing to toe the Government/Corporate Media line, will be purged. Shades of the old Soviet Union and China. It's a very disturbing time. Is there anything we can do to halt this march towards Totalitarianism?

This week, the alternative media purge was boldly advanced in a coordinated effort to silence people who dissent from establishment views.

It’s just one more step toward a monopoly on information by those who hate freedom. At this rate, they’ll soon have unquestioned access to the minds of more than 2 billion people. And this should terrify everyone who wants to be free to question the status quo and to seek a wide range of information.

Hundreds of alternative media site administrators logged onto Facebook to discover that their accounts had been removed. Soon after, many of these sites and their writers found that their Twitter accounts had also been suspended.

Popular pages like The AntiMedia (2.1 million fans), The Free Thought Project (3.1 million fans), Press for Truth (350K fans), Police the Police (1.9 million fans), Cop Block (1.7 million fans), and Punk Rock Libertarians (125K fans) are just a few of the ones which were unpublished.

Why were these alternative media accounts removed?

The reason given doesn’t really add up...

Why The Coordinated Alternative Media Purge Should Terrify Everyone
Some semblance of sanity had to be established on social media. Since so many people rely solely or mostly on the internet and their favorite news feeds to get their news, it is important people know they're getting reliable information. And FB is under great pressure to "protect" its users, too, from having their personal information used by research and ad agencies.

Not what these purges are about. They're about limiting information. It's all about the Government/Corporate Media forcing Citizens to only have access to their 'Approved' Media. All Americans should be very disturbed by these purges.
"Approved" or "Verified?" I'm not upset if it helps weed out the lying pieces of shit that float fake news here.

It's all propaganda. But the People should have access to all media propaganda. Not just Government/Corporate-selected and 'Approved' media propaganda. That's not America.
Facts aren't "propaganda." I actually do hear what you are saying, but your basic premise that the "government" is somehow controlling the content of what we learn is -- guess what -- more right wing propaganda. Due to civil laws, the major mainstream media verifies its information prior to publishing. There is no such safety on the sites that pop up on social media like toadstools after the rain. How many times on this board have you been fooled by news that was later found to be false? I know it has happened to me a couple of times.
The government does NOT control the media. They probably wish to God they did, sometimes, but the media is NOT at the government's beck and call. They pander only to their readers. Period.

Americans just need to ask why Government/Corporate Media Outlets like CNN, NBC, Washington Post, NY Times, and so on, haven't been banned. They certainly push political messages for profit. Just ask yourself why they still enjoy free reign.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

In the Bill of Rights, that *might* be just a tiny bit of an impediment to "banning" those outlets.
But posters on social media don't own "the printing press." And nothing prevents them from starting a facebook or you tube site.

They can be banned from Social Media platforms. They're certainly pushing political messages for profit. Why are they being treated so differently than Alternative Media?

But posters on social media don't own "the printing press." And nothing prevents them from starting a facebook or you tube site.

Yeah, what's that got to do with banning "CNN, NBC, Washington Post, NY Times, and so on" ?

With talk of 'Journalist Licenses' and the latest Facebook purge of Alternative Media sources, we are heading down a very dark path. Looks like Big Brother and his big Corporate Media partners, are beginning to force their 'Approved' Media on us.

Any Media Outlet not willing to toe the Government/Corporate Media line, will be purged. Shades of the old Soviet Union and China. It's a very disturbing time. Is there anything we can do to halt this march towards Totalitarianism?

This week, the alternative media purge was boldly advanced in a coordinated effort to silence people who dissent from establishment views.

It’s just one more step toward a monopoly on information by those who hate freedom. At this rate, they’ll soon have unquestioned access to the minds of more than 2 billion people. And this should terrify everyone who wants to be free to question the status quo and to seek a wide range of information.

Hundreds of alternative media site administrators logged onto Facebook to discover that their accounts had been removed. Soon after, many of these sites and their writers found that their Twitter accounts had also been suspended.

Popular pages like The AntiMedia (2.1 million fans), The Free Thought Project (3.1 million fans), Press for Truth (350K fans), Police the Police (1.9 million fans), Cop Block (1.7 million fans), and Punk Rock Libertarians (125K fans) are just a few of the ones which were unpublished.

Some semblance of sanity had to be established on social media. Since so many people rely solely or mostly on the internet and their favorite news feeds to get their news, it is important people know they're getting reliable information. And FB is under great pressure to "protect" its users, too, from having their personal information used by research and ad agencies.

"Approved" or "Verified?" I'm not upset if it helps weed out the lying pieces of shit that float fake news here.

It's all propaganda. But the People should have access to all media propaganda. Not just Government/Corporate-selected and 'Approved' media propaganda. That's not America.
Facts aren't "propaganda." I actually do hear what you are saying, but your basic premise that the "government" is somehow controlling the content of what we learn is -- guess what -- more right wing propaganda. Due to civil laws, the major mainstream media verifies its information prior to publishing. There is no such safety on the sites that pop up on social media like toadstools after the rain. How many times on this board have you been fooled by news that was later found to be false? I know it has happened to me a couple of times.
The government does NOT control the media. They probably wish to God they did, sometimes, but the media is NOT at the government's beck and call. They pander only to their readers. Period.

All 'News' Media is propaganda these days. You're sliding down that Slippery Slope. The People should have access to all media propaganda. It shouldn't be they're only allowed to access Government/Corporate 'Approved' media information. We're a free Republic. Let the People decide. Let them access all the information, and decide for themselves.

This trend is not coming from the current federal government that does not censor anybody. The purge is almost all leftwing motivated and only those sites that lean right of center are purged unless they would be offensive to ANYBODY regardless of political affiliations or ideological leanings,

Zuckerburg pretty much admitted it in his congressional hearing when he admitted that Facebook is based in an intensely liberal/leftist area and therefore his staff is heavily drawn from that demographic and they might be 'a little more aggressive' in judging a more conservative group as unacceptable.

In my opinion Facebook is a private entity and can run their business any way they choose. Should they become unacceptable to a large number of Americans, somebody will start a more equitable similar service to compete with them which would be a good thing.

Now should I be unable to access The Drudge Report, Real Clear Politics, and other sites that offer a good mix/balance of information, I will worry. And it may be if services like Google are judged to be a monopoly, they would need to be regulated in how they set their algorithms to favor certain sites over others in google searches. But right now I am not worried. If the Republicans lose the Congress and White House though, I will worry because the Democrats/leftists are very heavy into all manner of censorship.

Last edited:

Yeah, what's that got to do with banning "CNN, NBC, Washington Post, NY Times, and so on" ?

Corporate Media Outlets routinely push political messages for profit. They also lie. And those are the main reasons given for banning Alternative Media Outlets. So ask yourself, why are they being treated so differently?

They can be banned from Social Media platforms. They're certainly pushing political messages for profit. Why are they being treated so differently than Alternative Media?

Sorry I thought you were proposing a legal "ban" on those outlets.

So you're suggesting that the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Et al... "ban" the largest media outlets in the U.S.?

Why would they do that? The Social Media platforms don't care if you're pushing a "political message for profit" as long as your content stays within their terms of service and their community guidelines.

Not to mention all those media outlets you named drive a lot of eyeballs to social media sites and in some cases are significant Ad customers and content providers.

This trend is not coming from the current federal government that does not censor anybody. The purge is almost all leftwing motivated and only those sites that lean right of center are purged unless they would be offensive to ANYBODY regardless of political affiliations or ideological leanings,

Zuckerburg pretty much admitted it in his congressional hearing when he admitted that Facebook is based in an intensely liberal/leftist area and therefore his staff is heavily drawn from that demographic and they might be 'a little more aggressive' in judging a more conservative group as unacceptable.

In my opinion Facebook is a private entity and can run their business any way they choose. Should they become unacceptable to a large number of Americans, somebody will start a more equitable similar service to compete with them which would be a good thing.

Now should I be unable to access The Drudge Report, Real Clear Politics, and other sites that offer a good mix/balance of information, I will worry. And it may be if services like Google are judged to be a monopoly, they would need to be regulated in how they set their algorithms to favor certain sites over others in google searches. But right now I am not worried. If the Republicans lose the Congress and White House though, I will worry because the Democrats/leftists are very heavy into all manner of censorship.

GOOG is working on a special censored version of its search engine for the Chinese government. Anyone who thinks that censorship is limited to China is nuts. GOOG is definitely censoring non-Prog content in the U.S.

So you're suggesting that the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Et al... "ban" the largest media outlets in the U.S.?

Why would they do that? The Social Media platforms don't care if you're pushing a "political message for profit" as long as your content stays within their terms of service and their community guidelines.

Not to mention all those media outlets you named drive a lot of eyeballs to social media sites and in some cases are significant Ad customers and content providers.

Some of the reasons given for banning Alternative Media Outlets was that they were pushing political messages for profit, and lying. But that's exactly what big Corporate Media Outlets like CNN, NBC, Wash Post, and NY Times do 24/7. Why haven't they been purged?

Some of the reasons given for banning Alternative Media Outlets was that they were pushing political messages for profit

Given by whom?

The social media companies generally don't ban anybody without a detailed explanation with respect to how the target of the ban has violated the Company's TOS and/or their Community Standards. There are also procedures in place for warnings/suspensions and escalation as well as appeals, so all in all you have to work pretty hard at it to get banned from the major social media platforms (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), it's not really in their best interest to ban people/organizations with significant followings unless there are repeated and gross content violations.

Alex Jones for example, kept pushing it, even though he had been repeatedly warned regarding what terms he was specifically violating and when Apple said "enough is enough" and banned his podcasts the Social Media companies (along with YouTube) followed suit because they felt Apple would take the heat for doing what they've been wanting to do for a while. I suspect Alex Jones kept pushing it because he felt this would lead to a higher profile for him and his "show" but that's just a guess.

Actually I agree. But I suspect you would not be so supportive of Paypal if they did business with Infowars but refused to do business with MediaMatters or Code Pink or Black Lives Matter etc. because they disagreed with them.

It is one thing to exclude ALL politically motivated groups for whatever reason. Or to accept only political content that deals with ideas but that does not specifically support a political party or does not attack political parties or people. It is quite something else again to allow only one kind of ideological political content but not all.

GOOG is working on a special censored version of its search engine for the Chinese government. Anyone who thinks that censorship is limited to China is nuts. GOOG is definitely censoring non-Prog content in the U.S.

Yes. Sometimes they've so buried information I am looking for I have to go to another search engine to find it without going through dozens of pages of links. Most of our more progressive friends here pooh pooh that and insist that the links that do come up on the first page or two are the consensus of the country. Which is the purpose of censorship in the first place of course.

Yes. Sometimes they've so buried information I am looking for I have to go to another search engine to find it without going through dozens of pages of links. Most of our more progressive friends here pooh pooh that and insist that the links that do come up on the first page or two are the consensus of the country. Which is the purpose of censorship in the first place of course.

I switched to duckduckgo years ago. I don't trust GOOG.

Forum List

Back