Why The Coordinated Alternative Media Purge Should Terrify Everyone...

PayPals is a privately owned company that is not required to do business with a CT media outlet that pushes vile CT's like Sandy Hook.

Actually I agree. But I suspect you would not be so supportive of Paypal if they did business with Infowars but refused to do business with MediaMatters or Code Pink or Black Lives Matter etc. because they disagreed with them.

It is one thing to exclude ALL politically motivated groups for whatever reason. Or to accept only political content that deals with ideas but that does not specifically support a political party or does not attack political parties or people. It is quite something else again to allow only one kind of ideological political content but not all.

PayPals can do what they want to. If stupid people what to give to wackos like Alex Jones or any Con Man, I'm sure they can find a way. I don't thinks it's political views that got Jones in trouble but his numerous outrageous lies.

Don't get me wrong. I am no fan of Infowars and, while they do come up with a lot of stuff that is 100% accurate, I do not use them as a source because they will too often skew information to create an impression that is not accurate. And they aren't always careful in their own research so they do put out more misinformation than I think acceptable.

But if that is the criteria for banning somebody, then CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, and many other sites should also be banned. But the left leaning folks skewing information or presenting it with dishonest bias are not unacceptable I guess.

The reasons given for banning several Alternative Media sources, absolutely apply to big Corporate Media outlets like CNN, NBC, Wash Post, and NY Times. Why haven't they been banned?

Well from all appearances, the criteria for banning somebody has nothing to do with their accuracy or whether they are a threat to the country or whatever, but it has everything to do with their sociopolitical ideology and promotion of a point of view most on the left don't share.

Good point. Thanks.

Yeah right. Fox was right there to tell all sides of the story when the meme "You didn't build that" was presented by the GOP that President Obama was talking about individual businesses and not the incredible infrastructure of roads, railways, and telecommunications we have build in America.

Not really. FOX is as bias as they come. In fact more so than any other outlet. Especially now in the age of Trumpybear.

Actually Fox WAS there for the 'you didn't build that' mini scandal and they DID present all sides to it including the fact that the President most likely was referring to the infrastructure and services that we all share when he said it. But the fact that he would not give business people credit for the risks they take and the initiative they put into it was and is fairly criticized.

I wish President Trump could get half as honest and fair analysis from the MSM as Fox gave President Obama.

Sure they did, or didn't?

I am not going to comment on an edited tape that presents a tiny portion of the coverage. I listened to a LOT of debate on all that when it happened and I am very certain I did not misinterpret that coverage. Yes, his comment was insensitive and rather stupid actually, but he did get credit for probably not meaning it the way he said it. On Fox News. All did not agree with the 'probably' part but that is anybody's right. I wouldn't care if CNN, MSNBC et all don't accept that Trump doesn't mean it the way he says it sometimes, if only they would allow him the possibility of a different interpretation or allow another opinion to be expressed. The edited tapes that put together a montage of people saying one thing while others are saying something different but don't get included are just plain dishonest.

And yes, it is dishonest to leave out the qualifiers Obama said before the 'you didn't build that' line. But it is not dishonest to believe that Obama thinks nobody would succeed without government or that those who take the risks and put in their vision, time, and energy don't deserve the credit for the businesses they build. He doesn't allow that infrastructure very often follows and is made feasible by economic development and in fact is the way it should be done.

As for what people say, context is even more important than inflection or facial expression or body language, and all of that is usually necessary to accurately interpret the spoken word:

Exercise in the difference inflection makes:
  • “I did not say he lost the keys.” (If not you, who said it?)
  • “I did not SAY he lost the keys.” (Maybe you wrote it?)
  • “I did not say HE lost the keys.” (I guess someone else lost the keys.)
  • “I did not say he LOST the keys.” (Perhaps he gave them away?)
  • “I did not say he lost the KEYS.” (Gee! I hope he didn’t lose the car!)

Not one single qualifier here from Fox.

Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that'

"President Obama, in a speech to supporters, suggested business owners owe their success to government investment in infrastructure and other projects -- saying “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that.”"

Let me just say that Fox is not fair or balanced, but just as bias, if not more so than the national networks you listed.

The qualifier was in the very first sentence of the article you linked.

Nope, it was a lie when they suggested he said....

"... business owners owe their success to government investment..."

He never said that.

" The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own.

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia

Actually Fox WAS there for the 'you didn't build that' mini scandal and they DID present all sides to it including the fact that the President most likely was referring to the infrastructure and services that we all share when he said it. But the fact that he would not give business people credit for the risks they take and the initiative they put into it was and is fairly criticized.

I wish President Trump could get half as honest and fair analysis from the MSM as Fox gave President Obama.

I am not going to comment on an edited tape that presents a tiny portion of the coverage. I listened to a LOT of debate on all that when it happened and I am very certain I did not misinterpret that coverage. Yes, his comment was insensitive and rather stupid actually, but he did get credit for probably not meaning it the way he said it. On Fox News. All did not agree with the 'probably' part but that is anybody's right. I wouldn't care if CNN, MSNBC et all don't accept that Trump doesn't mean it the way he says it sometimes, if only they would allow him the possibility of a different interpretation or allow another opinion to be expressed. The edited tapes that put together a montage of people saying one thing while others are saying something different but don't get included are just plain dishonest.

And yes, it is dishonest to leave out the qualifiers Obama said before the 'you didn't build that' line. But it is not dishonest to believe that Obama thinks nobody would succeed without government or that those who take the risks and put in their vision, time, and energy don't deserve the credit for the businesses they build. He doesn't allow that infrastructure very often follows and is made feasible by economic development and in fact is the way it should be done.

As for what people say, context is even more important than inflection or facial expression or body language, and all of that is usually necessary to accurately interpret the spoken word:

"President Obama, in a speech to supporters, suggested business owners owe their success to government investment in infrastructure and other projects -- saying “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that.”"

Let me just say that Fox is not fair or balanced, but just as bias, if not more so than the national networks you listed.

He never said that.

" The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own.

Here are ALL the related words in full context:

. . .
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.[17]
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.[17]

He absolutely said that "If you have a business--you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Not that is not what I think he intended to say, but that is what he said. Had a Republican made a remark like that, the left would have crucified him on the spot. And for us who understand the risk of going into business, and that building that business contributes much more to infrastructure than infrastructure contributes to business, it was a dumb and criticizable remark even allowing him what he probably did mean by it.

You can twist and turn and contort all you want trying to make it into something it wasn't, but you cannot change what is just the same.

There is more than enough fake news on CNN and MSNBC for dems to enjoy. If/when the government or MSM purges FXN, then we're in trouble.

Very sad times. The Government/Corporate Media Complex wants Citizens to only have access to their 'Approved' Media. More & more, we resemble the old Soviet Union and China.

This from the same group of people trying to get the government to force FB and Google to be “fair”...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Libs were all over pushing for the FBI/Mueller to go after the National Enquire for having purchased stories about TRUMP and choosing to not run the stories. The claim was it could be viewed as an in-kind contribution. So if FB and Google are going to advertise their services as being non-bias and they manipulate media to favor only democrats they should be investigated.

There is more than enough fake news on CNN and MSNBC for dems to enjoy. If/when the government or MSM purges FXN, then we're in trouble.

Very sad times. The Government/Corporate Media Complex wants Citizens to only have access to their 'Approved' Media. More & more, we resemble the old Soviet Union and China.

This from the same group of people trying to get the government to force FB and Google to be “fair”...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Libs were all over pushing for the FBI/Mueller to go after the National Enquire for having purchased stories about TRUMP and choosing to not run the stories. The claim was it could be viewed as an in-kind contribution. So if FB and Google are going to advertise their services as being non-bias and they manipulate media to favor only democrats they should be investigated.

Yep, they were. Just one more example of how there is little difference between the two sides

He never said that.

. . .

He absolutely said that "If you have a business--you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Not that is not what I think he intended to say, but that is what he said. Had a Republican made a remark like that, the left would have crucified him on the spot. And for us who understand the risk of going into business, and that building that business contributes much more to infrastructure than infrastructure contributes to business, it was a dumb and criticizable remark even allowing him what he probably did mean by it.

You can twist and turn and contort all you want trying to make it into something it wasn't, but you cannot change what is just the same.

Fox and the rabid right deliberately took "That" out of context and pretended he meant the 'business' and not the 'infrastructure' he had clearly been referencing in his speech.

It's just what they do.

He never said that.

. . .

Fox and the rabid right deliberately took "That" out of context and pretended he meant the 'business' and not the 'infrastructure' he had clearly been referencing in his speech.

It's just what they do.

You know that terrible time in any argument in which you realize the other person is right and it is time to stop arguing? You're there.

Twitter and Facebook are supposedly separate entities, yet they both banned virtually the same alternative media sources. This is being well-coordinated. Very dark times.

He never said that.

. . .

It's just what they do.

You know that terrible time in any argument in which you realize the other person is right and it is time to stop arguing? You're there.

That's like you picking up a downed ball, sprinting to the goal line, spiking it and doing a touchdown dance while everybody watches with hand on their hips waiting for the ball back so they can continue the game.

The people that cheered when facsimiles of the Ten Commandments were purged from court house walls and Korean War monuments were ordered bulldozed because some agnostic idiot was offended by a 40 ft Cross are now "terrified" of a purge that doesn't exist. It seems that "alternate media ...sob sob... might have to pay for public access just like everyone else in the real media just when they thought they had a free lunch.

Forum List

Back