Why should other taxpayers have to subsidize gay mating?

Actually not. The males of the millennial generation show little interest in getting married. Why bother with marriage when you can just hookup? There's absolute no benefit to men from the legal constraints imposed by marriage.
There are a lot of benefits, which is why I got married. I was already in love with my "wife" but this saved us a ton of cash on car insurance, among other things.

I wouldn't have to pay for my wife's car insurance if I wasn't married, so how do I benefit?
Married people, especially young men, get better rates my little infant. And remember, it's not all about you, even though you'll never believe that, never.

No one is in it more for themselves than you are. You advocate government discriminating between it's citizens, we want government to treat it's citizens the same. That you keep seeing that as us wanting government assistance is just the clueless waif in life that you are. You can't even process information. You're only good for a joke, and the joke is you

You want people to treat its citizens the same? What a joke.

You have your married bennies- you and your wife- and you are happy to keep collecting them.
You are happy to have gay couples pay for your married bennies.
You just want to prevent gay couples from getting the same married bennies you get.

You don't want people to be treated the same- you want to screw over gay couples.

Actually not. The males of the millennial generation show little interest in getting married. Why bother with marriage when you can just hookup? There's absolute no benefit to men from the legal constraints imposed by marriage.
There are a lot of benefits, which is why I got married. I was already in love with my "wife" but this saved us a ton of cash on car insurance, among other things.

I wouldn't have to pay for my wife's car insurance if I wasn't married, so how do I benefit?
Married people, especially young men, get better rates my little infant. And remember, it's not all about you, even though you'll never believe that, never.

No one is in it more for themselves than you are. You advocate government discriminating between it's citizens, we want government to treat it's citizens the same. That you keep seeing that as us wanting government assistance is just the clueless waif in life that you are. You can't even process information. You're only good for a joke, and the joke is you

You want people to treat its citizens the same? What a joke.

You have your married bennies- you and your wife- and you are happy to keep collecting them.
You are happy to have gay couples pay for your married bennies.
You just want to prevent gay couples from getting the same married bennies you get.

You don't want people to be treated the same- you want to screw over gay couples.
Kaz wants free bennies: he should be a dem.

Says the bully with the nazi boots.

LOL, that still cracks me up. You're so far gone in leftist kool aid you think that for government to not give people things is Nazi. I'm thinking the European Jews wouldn't have seen it that way, Karl
^ dumb ass that "claims" to be a libertarian... wants the liberty to tax the shit out of gays without them getting the same benefits as everyone else. Yes, he's not libertarian... he's AUTHORITARIAN.

OK, I'll bite. What do I think that isn't libertarian?
Every statement you make is the opposite of libertarian, you fool.

This word, libertarian, i do not think it means what you think it means.

When you keep arguing that government not distributing validation and tax favors to anyone is being a Nazi, you lose any credibility you ever had right there. Now I'm not libertarian because I don't want government to distribute validation and tax favors. You're a joke

You are the joke. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Being married does not automatically mean that you will pay less taxes. What you pay is determined by filing status, total income and income relative to each other. And of course that you know of course that same sex couples work and pay taxes just like everyone else, so even if some do pay less in taxes because they are married, so do some heterosexuals, so you can also say that gays are subsidizing straight people. You might want to see this:

Sadly, spouses who earn similar amounts of money – especially those who are considered high earners – are often subject to a marriage tax penalty.

What is the marriage tax penalty?

When you marry, you have the option of filing your tax return jointly, or filing separate tax returns. The marriage penalty takes effect when the taxes you pay jointly exceed what you would have paid if each of you had remained single and filed as single filers.

The marriage penalty is the opposite of what many call the marriage bonus. In a marriage bonus situation, you pay less in taxes as a result of your married status. The marriage bonus is most likely seen in partnerships where one spouse earns significantly less than the other. Situations in which one spouse stays at home or has a part-time job rather than a full-time job are most likely to result in a marriage bonus. How Much the Marriage Tax Penalty Will Cost You - US News

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, rights are not a commodity. Where the hell is it written that we-in the United States of America- get to decide what rights others have based on a cost benefit analysis? That notion is too absurd for words.

I guarantee you that gays will have full marriage rights and the idea of doing away with marriage benefits to all is as stupid as stupid gets. The same people who are whining about preserving traditional marriage are ready to sink the ship to drown the rats

Says the bully with the nazi boots.

LOL, that still cracks me up. You're so far gone in leftist kool aid you think that for government to not give people things is Nazi. I'm thinking the European Jews wouldn't have seen it that way, Karl
^ dumb ass that "claims" to be a libertarian... wants the liberty to tax the shit out of gays without them getting the same benefits as everyone else. Yes, he's not libertarian... he's AUTHORITARIAN.

When you keep arguing that government not distributing validation and tax favors to anyone is being a Nazi, you lose any credibility you ever had right there. Now I'm not libertarian because I don't want government to distribute validation and tax favors. You're a joke

You are going to have to drop this nonsense about much same sex marriage costs. Read this and then tell what your real reasons for your opposition is. Let’s see if you have the guts to do that honestly. In doing so, try to discuss the issue without reference to various sex acts, genitals or the artificial distinction between what is public and what is private

8 Ways Legalizing Same Sex Marriage Is Good For The Economy http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/same-sex-marriage-economy_n_3267725.html

It would help curb the deficit: A widely-cited 2004 analysis from the Congressional Budget Office estimated that legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide would have a small, net benefit to the national budget's bottom line.

It would boost tax revenues: Legalizing same-sex marriage would bring in between $20 million and $40 million more per year in taxes, according to a December paper from University of Michigan economist Adam Stevenson.

It helped NYC's economy: In the first year that gay marriage was legal in New York City, the city reaped $259 million, thanks to license fees and wedding-related spending, according to CNNMoney.

It would alleviate payroll headaches for many businesses: According to PBS, many companies argue that by not legalizing same-sex marriage, the U.S. is hindering their competitiveness by creating more administrative hurdles. For example, states where same-sex marriage isn't legal have different tax laws for same-sex versus opposite-sex couples.

It can boost struggling state economies: If California were to legalize same-sex marriage, it would generate $123 million for the state economy during the first three years same-sex marriage is legal, according to a 2005 Stanford study cited by the Fiscal Times. And the state could certainly use the money; California has been mired in a budget crisis for years. In Massachusetts, legalizing same-sex marriage has generated en estimated $111 million over the first five years same-sex marriage was legal, according to CNNMoney.

It will cut spending on government safety net programs: Marriage makes people more financially stable and less likely to qualify for government assistance, Bloomberg reports. Therefore, legalizing same-sex marriage would save the government hundreds of millions per year in welfare funding, according to Bloomberg's Josh Barro.

More weddings mean more money: A recent study from the Williams Institute at UCLA estimated that same-sex weddings would boost the economies in Maine, Maryland and Washington by $166 million over the next three years.

Lots of major corporations think it's a good idea: More than 60 companies, including Apple, Nike and Morgan Stanley, signed onto a brief submitted to the Supreme Court supporting same-sex marriage in February, according to Fortune. The companies argued that keeping same-sex marriage illegal made it difficult for them to recruit and hire top applicants. One major executive at Goldman Sachs almost considered leaving the country because states' differing same-sex marriage laws put his partner's student visa in jeopardy after they married.

And here is more:

Gay Marriage And The Economy: Same-Sex Unions Will Boost Economy By $166 Million, Study Finds Gay Marriage And The Economy Same-Sex Unions Will Boost Economy By 166 Million Study Finds

Being married does not automatically mean that you will pay less taxes. What you pay is determined by filing status, total income and income relative to each other. And of course that you know of course that same sex couples work and pay taxes just like everyone else, so even if some do pay less in taxes because they are married, so do some heterosexuals, so you can also say that gays are subsidizing straight people. You might want to see this:

Sadly, spouses who earn similar amounts of money – especially those who are considered high earners – are often subject to a marriage tax penalty.

When you marry, you have the option of filing your tax return jointly, or filing separate tax returns. The marriage penalty takes effect when the taxes you pay jointly exceed what you would have paid if each of you had remained single and filed as single filers.

The marriage penalty is the opposite of what many call the marriage bonus. In a marriage bonus situation, you pay less in taxes as a result of your married status. The marriage bonus is most likely seen in partnerships where one spouse earns significantly less than the other. Situations in which one spouse stays at home or has a part-time job rather than a full-time job are most likely to result in a marriage bonus. How Much the Marriage Tax Penalty Will Cost You - US News

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, rights are not a commodity. Where the hell is it written that we-in the United States of America- get to decide what rights others have based on a cost benefit analysis? That notion is too absurd for words.

I guarantee you that gays will have full marriage rights and the idea of doing away with marriage benefits to all is as stupid as stupid gets. The same people who are whining about preserving traditional marriage are ready to sink the ship to drown the rats

What gay married couple will need to pay the death tax the left inflicts on everyone else now?

You are going to have to drop this nonsense about much same sex marriage costs. Read this and then tell what your real reasons for your opposition is. Let’s see if you have the guts to do that honestly. In doing so, try to discuss the issue without reference to various sex acts, genitals or the artificial distinction between what is public and what is private

8 Ways Legalizing Same Sex Marriage Is Good For The Economy http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/same-sex-marriage-economy_n_3267725.html

It would help curb the deficit: A widely-cited 2004 analysis from the Congressional Budget Office estimated that legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide would have a small, net benefit to the national budget's bottom line.

It would boost tax revenues: Legalizing same-sex marriage would bring in between $20 million and $40 million more per year in taxes, according to a December paper from University of Michigan economist Adam Stevenson.

It helped NYC's economy: In the first year that gay marriage was legal in New York City, the city reaped $259 million, thanks to license fees and wedding-related spending, according to CNNMoney.

It would alleviate payroll headaches for many businesses: According to PBS, many companies argue that by not legalizing same-sex marriage, the U.S. is hindering their competitiveness by creating more administrative hurdles. For example, states where same-sex marriage isn't legal have different tax laws for same-sex versus opposite-sex couples.

It can boost struggling state economies: If California were to legalize same-sex marriage, it would generate $123 million for the state economy during the first three years same-sex marriage is legal, according to a 2005 Stanford study cited by the Fiscal Times. And the state could certainly use the money; California has been mired in a budget crisis for years. In Massachusetts, legalizing same-sex marriage has generated en estimated $111 million over the first five years same-sex marriage was legal, according to CNNMoney.

It will cut spending on government safety net programs: Marriage makes people more financially stable and less likely to qualify for government assistance, Bloomberg reports. Therefore, legalizing same-sex marriage would save the government hundreds of millions per year in welfare funding, according to Bloomberg's Josh Barro.

More weddings mean more money: A recent study from the Williams Institute at UCLA estimated that same-sex weddings would boost the economies in Maine, Maryland and Washington by $166 million over the next three years.

Lots of major corporations think it's a good idea: More than 60 companies, including Apple, Nike and Morgan Stanley, signed onto a brief submitted to the Supreme Court supporting same-sex marriage in February, according to Fortune. The companies argued that keeping same-sex marriage illegal made it difficult for them to recruit and hire top applicants. One major executive at Goldman Sachs almost considered leaving the country because states' differing same-sex marriage laws put his partner's student visa in jeopardy after they married.

And here is more:

Gay Marriage And The Economy: Same-Sex Unions Will Boost Economy By $166 Million, Study Finds Gay Marriage And The Economy Same-Sex Unions Will Boost Economy By 166 Million Study Finds

So then why don't you just give up the rest and only have gay sex validated by government and eliminate the tax implications then? I'm thinking you'll pass on that...

What gay married couple will need to pay the death tax the left inflicts on everyone else now?

And I clearly demonstrated several times that same sex marriage does not create any NET negative effect on tax revenues and is a boost to the economy. You are either too stupid to be able to understand, that or to stubborn to admit that you're wrong. I suspect that you created this horseshit ploy about subsidizing gay marriage because you do not have the guts or the integrity to admit that you are simply a bigot. I don't think that even you believe your own bigoted bovine excrement. We might have slightly more respect for you if you just admit what you are. We all know already.

And again, the whole premise of your thread, even if true which it is not is as stupid as stupid gets. In the United States of America, we do not do a cost benefit analysis to determine if we can afford to extend rights to people.

1. The Estate Tax is not contingent on being gay or straight, the Estate Tax is paid by the estate based on taxable value of the estate unless the individual has a spouse and the spouse receives the estate.

2. The current level where Estate Taxes kick in is $5,430,000, therefore not "everyone" pays it.

3. Estates left to a spouse are not subject to Estate Taxes. It is not until that spouse dies and it is then left to the next level of beneficiaries is Estate Tax due.

Estate Tax
Estate Planning When You re Married to a Noncitizen Nolo.com

>>>>

And I clearly demonstrated several times that same sex marriage does not create any NET negative effect on tax revenues and is a boost to the economy. You are either too stupid to be able to understand, that or to stubborn to admit that you're wrong. I suspect that you created this horseshit ploy about subsidizing gay marriage because you do not have the guts or the integrity to admit that you are simply a bigot. I don't think that even you believe your own bigoted bovine excrement. We might have slightly more respect for you if you just admit what you are. We all know already.

And again, the whole premise of your thread, even if true which it is not is as stupid as stupid gets. In the United States of America, we do not do a cost benefit analysis to determine if we can afford to extend rights to people.

So you are arguing that reducing taxes doesn't cut revenue?

1. The Estate Tax is not contingent on being gay or straight, the Estate Tax is paid by the estate based on taxable value of the estate unless the individual has a spouse and the spouse receives the estate.

2. The current level where Estate Taxes kick in is $5,430,000, therefore not "everyone" pays it.

3. Estates left to a spouse are not subject to Estate Taxes. It is not until that spouse dies and it is then left to the next level of beneficiaries is Estate Tax due.

Estate Tax

>>>>

None of that addresses the actual question I asked. Which was a direct response to the question asked me

Kaz does not understand tax law, period.

You folks are arguing with someone ignorant on the subject.

And here is more:

So then why don't you just give up the rest and only have gay sex validated by government and eliminate the tax implications then? I'm thinking you'll pass on that...

What the fuck are you talking about. Is all that you can think about is gay sex? Makes me wonder.

None of that addresses the actual question I asked. Which was a direct response to the question asked me

Yes it does.

There is no Estate Tax (i.e. Death Tax) for legally married coulpes. So just like different-sex married couples don't pay a death tax when one dies, legally married same-sex couples don't pay the death tax either.

>>>>

Estate Tax

>>>>

It most certainly does. Do you have a problem with English or reading comprehension.?? NO gay married couple will pay an estate tax, just like NO opposite sex couple will pay an estate tax. THAT is equality. What part of that do you not understand?

What I find fascinating about you is that you never actually even attempt to defend your position with an argument of any kind. You just keep bleating out nonsensical comments and questions. Pretty pathetic , dude.

Estate Tax

>>>>

thanks for the truisms

And here is more:

What the fuck are you talking about. Is all that you can think about is gay sex? Makes me wonder.

Um...OK? Don't know what the discussion is about, do you, Holmes?

Yes it does.

There is no Estate Tax (i.e. Death Tax) for legally married coulpes. So just like different-sex married couples don't pay a death tax when one dies, legally married same-sex couples don't pay the death tax either.

>>>>

the point made was there aren't tax breaks for gay marriage. I gave them one. try to keep up

Estate Tax

>>>>

It most certainly does. Do you have a problem with English or reading comprehension.?? NO gay married couple will pay an estate tax, just like NO opposite sex couple will pay an estate tax. THAT is equality. What part of that do you not understand?

What I find fascinating about you is that you never actually even attempt to defend your position with an argument of any kind. You just keep bleating out nonsensical comments and questions. Pretty pathetic , dude.

Well, you join a long running thread, don't read the discussion, then you don't know what the argument is. All I can say is no shit Dick Tracy. I have no problem with you asking so you don't have to read a hundred of pages of discussion, but no need to be a dick and pretend it didn't happen.

Here are the Cliff notes. I don't support any government marriage. I don't grasp why anyone needs it. I am in a government marriage because I'm married to a conservative, Republican Christian. She's from an upper class Korean family who are even more traditional. Our having a piece of paper means nothing to me and isn't why I stay.

As for the law, with blacks, being black changed who you could marry for every black. Being gay changed who you could marry for zero gays. That sort of narrow analysis is the job of the courts, so they wrote law by creating government gay marriage. That is what I actually oppose, legislating from the bench.

If gays get marriage legitimately, through the legislature, I will oppose it but no more so than straight marriage. I also have no reason to want to let the left off their own trap. You want the death tax, progressive taxes and government that fucks some citizens for other ones. I found it humorous then you wanted to let gays off your own hook.

Government should treat all its citizens the same. Government marriage is needless. Taxes should be flat, no one should pay the death tax, there should be no deductions for anything, parentage should be based on DNA not paper. With huge portions of our citizens being born outside marriage, we need to adapt to the new reality

Estate Tax

>>>>

Well, you join a long running thread, don't read the discussion, then you don't know what the argument is. All I can say is no shit Dick Tracy. I have no problem with you asking so you don't have to read a hundred of pages of discussion, but no need to be a dick and pretend it didn't happen.

Here are the Cliff notes. I don't support any government marriage. I don't grasp why anyone needs it. I am in a government marriage because I'm married to a conservative, Republican Christian. She's from an upper class Korean family who are even more traditional. Our having a piece of paper means nothing to me and isn't why I stay.

As for the law, with blacks, being black changed who you could marry for every black. Being gay changed who you could marry for zero gays. That sort of narrow analysis is the job of the courts, so they wrote law by creating government gay marriage. That is what I actually oppose, legislating from the bench.

If gays get marriage legitimately, through the legislature, I will oppose it but no more so than straight marriage. I also have no reason to want to let the left off their own trap. You want the death tax, progressive taxes and government that fucks some citizens for other ones. I found it humorous then you wanted to let gays off your own hook.

Government should treat all its citizens the same. Government marriage is needless. Taxes should be flat, no one should pay the death tax, there should be no deductions for anything, parentage should be based on DNA not paper. With huge portions of our citizens being born outside marriage, we need to adapt to the new reality

Well that is quite a rant. Almost coherent. At least you appear to be taking a firm stand on something. No marriage for anyone. It’s idiotic of course but at least clear. The part about gay marriage not changing anything for gays is still just as stupid as it always was though. But wait know. Before we conclude that you are being consistent, let’s look at this in relation to the bizarre OP that you started this thread with:

I at least get the concept of straight government marriage. Perpetuation of the species. It is the best situation for kids to have a traditional family with a mother and father because:

1) Men and women have different personalities and it is ideal for kids to have a parental relationship with one of each. Having two of the same sex is like having two left shoes or two right shoes. Neither a left shoe nor right shoes is more important than the other, you need one of each. They are different.

2) Kids are best served with a stay at home parent, generally a mother for many reasons for nurturing, caring and helping them stay out of trouble unattended

So for a mother to stay home, it's expensive. Taxpayers as part of the species benefit from the advancement of the species. And frankly that leads even financially to better taxpayers on average in the future.

If gays want to mate and pool resources, that's fine. But why should taxpayers pay for that? Government revenue is reduced, but why? What do we get out of it? Why should we have to fund it? What benefit is it to society that we should be paying for it?

The question: This is a financial question, not a moral one. How financially do the rest of us benefit that government should be charging us higher taxes to make up for lower taxes for people to have gay sex who do not perpetuate the species? Why do we gain for that we should pay for it? That is the question

Here, you DO support government marriage, don’t you? At least for straight people, for the children. This clearly differentials between gays and straights, men and women and the need for children to have a mom and a dad as a reason to oppose gay marriage. And a stay at home parent? You do know that this is not 1950 right? And, of course, there is the moronic issue of “ subsidizing gay sex”

But aside from that and that fact that these are all stupid and debunked reasons to oppose gay marriage, the fact is that it directly contradicts this current post, doesn’t it? You got beaten down so badly on your stupid and bizarre reasons for opposing gay marriage, that you now are going to try to sweep that under the rug and just say that you are opposed to all marriage, while accusing me of not keeping up with the conversation. Really? YOU changed the conversation just now! How dishonest is that! What exactly do you believe and why the hell should anybody believe anything that you say?

Forum List

Back