Why Republicans are so afraid of Obamacares

Without the bushii tax cut, there'd be sufficient debt held by the govt to sell it off to investors to bridge the gap to when the millenials are all working and soc sec would again be in the black. The ONLY reason soc sec MIGHT be unsustainable is the gop chose to make it so.

Without the bushii tax cut, there'd be sufficient debt held by the govt to sell it off to investors to bridge the gap to when the millenials are all working and soc sec would again be in the black. The ONLY reason soc sec MIGHT be unsustainable is the gop chose to make it so.

This is along term taking from the funds, not tax cuts that has been around for a few years.
It's because the Dem's started taking from it in the 60's to pay for Viet Nam and then later on more social programs. They added disability, assistance to needy family's and unemployment Ins.
Just like they just did to the New Health Care bill, taking from Medicare to pay for it.

This is along term taking from the funds, not tax cuts that has been around for a few years.
It's because the Dem's started taking from it in the 60's to pay for Viet Nam and then later on more social programs. They added disability, assistance to needy family's and unemployment Ins.
Just like they just did to the New Health Care bill, taking from Medicare to pay for it.

The dems, for all their warts, didn't embrace Grover Norquist to starve the beast. If you havn't noticed the gop is about cutting revenues and increasing spending inorder to create a crisis to do away with middle class entitlement they never found the votes to end, you're not paying attention.

Boehner will not allow a vote on the clean CR bill sent over by the Senate.

Why do Republicans hate democracy?

Reading the South Dakota Medicaid Task Force's final report, I find this really good example of how the Affordable Care Act can save working families good money.

A family of 3 with income below 138% FPL ($26,344) will likely incur the following out of pocket costs for a Silver Plan (assuming premium costs of $9,000 per year):
•Family Pays $526 Premium (2% of Income)
•Government Pays $8,474
•Maximum Out-of-Pocket Cap - $4,500
•Premium Plus Out-of-Pocket Cap - $5,026
•Required Actuarial Value: 94%

Under this example, a low-income family with significant Medical expenses during a particular year could potentially face significant out-of-pocket costs, although the maximum out-of-pocket costs will not exceed $5,026 [South Dakota Medicaid Challenges and Opportunities Task Force, final report, 2013.09.16, p. 15].

Madville Times

And here is the same example on the government website...

http://sd.gov/governor/docs/Medicaid Task Force FINAL 9-16-13.pdf

So stop insulting me and admit you were wrong.

....and the plan costs how much?

(assuming premium costs of $9,000 per year

You lose kid.

Like I said, you don't have the balls to admit you were wrong.

Poor Chris, you got caught lying...

Republicans are afraid of Obamcare because they know it will improve the overall healthcare of the nation and once fully implemented will lower the nation's healthcare bill. If they really thought it was going to be a disaster, they wouldn't be trying to block the implementation. They would allow it fail, ride to victory at the polls,and overturn it. What they're doing now in the House makes no sense.

Health care is about one sixth of our economy, and only those with no regard for the welfare of the American people would stand idly by and watch a failure materialize, regardless of the political points one right get from the disaster.

The overall harm that Obamacare will generate is going to be massive. The Democrat response to this disaster will be an attempt to enact single payer as the only possible way out of the mess. That is their end game, and anyone who does not know that is someone who has not been listening.

Obamacare will create the crisis needed to ram socialized health care down our throats, and that is why Republicans would like to stop it in its tracks.

The Republicans are scared of the ACA because they know that is has a very good chance of working, and they know when people actually start looking into it (rather than just listening to the fear mongering of the GOP), they are going to like it, and they are going to be happy with it, as well as pissed at the GOP for lying about it.

Give it a year and see what happens in the next elections, as well as the elections in 2016.

The GOP is going to lose big, and they know it.

Me personally? I'm looking forward to signing up. When I retired out of the military a few years back, I thought that I'd be a shoo in for a decent job that provides health insurance because of all the qualifications I'd earned while in the Navy. Guess what? None of the big corporations wanted to hire me because I was "overqualified", so I ended up working for a while at a rock casting factory, then worked as a short order cook for a couple of places.

None of them provided health insurance because they were simple mom and pop type businesses, all I got was minimum wage.

Now? Because of the ACA, I will be able to afford health insurance. I really miss being active duty military, because if anything was wrong, all you had to do was tell your division officer that you needed to get new glasses, check something out, or get your teeth looked at, head to the clinic, and it would be fixed.

I'm glad that I'm still pretty healthy and haven't required any kind of insurance (hopefully that continues for another 20 or 30 years), but I'm getting up in years, and I'm going to need it eventually.

Besides...............one of the really good parts of the ACA? If your insurance company doesn't spend any money on your healthcare for that year, they have to refund part of your premiums.

Republicans are afraid of Obamcare because they know it will improve the overall healthcare of the nation and once fully implemented will lower the nation's healthcare bill. If they really thought it was going to be a disaster, they wouldn't be trying to block the implementation. They would allow it fail, ride to victory at the polls,and overturn it. What they're doing now in the House makes no sense.

Health care is about one sixth of our economy, and only those with no regard for the welfare of the American people would stand idly by and watch a failure materialize, regardless of the political points one right get from the disaster.

The overall harm that Obamacare will generate is going to be massive. The Democrat response to this disaster will be an attempt to enact single payer as the only possible way out of the mess. That is their end game, and anyone who does not know that is someone who has not been listening.

Obamacare will create the crisis needed to ram socialized health care down our throats, and that is why Republicans would like to stop it in its tracks.

I think California is going to a single payer program, and they seem fine with it.

MA already HAS a single payer system, and they're doing pretty well with it. Matter of fact, what do you think the ACA was based on?

Republicans are listening to the people that are being harmed by the New Health Care bill.
Going from full time to part time, losing their Company Insurance, losing their Doctors.
Medicare patients who can't find doctors that will take them.
Doctor's that are closing their practices.
This is all happening before it is even begun.
Once it is fully implemented the harm done by it, will be much harder to correct.
A recent study by the Stanford School of Medicine and published this week estimate that 37 million people may dump their employer-based coverage and buy insurance on the Obamacare exchanges because they could get a better deal. The lose of employer sponsored health insurance is a myth. What is not a myth is that many people who work for small employers are finding that the exchanges are offering a better deal than the employee sponsored plan.

Your claim that people will not be able find doctors and doctors are giving up their practice has been shot down many times.

Fact Check: 30 million people will lose their employer health insurance under Obamacare ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

They can say anything they want to because they are for the bill.
The Fact is;
We lost our Doctor. She was forced to close her practice. She could not afford the cuts in payments to Medicare.
Unions are very upset at losing theirs.
Many people wrote in to congress at the harm this bill is doing.

Only 34% are for this bill, so expect a fight over it.
“CNN, CNBC in separate polling show 59 — the same number in both polls — 59 percent of the American people support Obamacare, and even a larger number of people think the government shutdown is the worst idea that ever came along.”
How unpopular or popular is Obamacare?

Yes, many doctors are giving up their practice but they are still working as doctors. They are selling their practice to hospitals and clinics and becoming employees. This is a trend that started in the 1990's and has been accelerating for a number of years. The primary reason is not the reduction in medicare reimbursements.

The Medicare reimbursement cut which has been delayed for one reason or another for years has nothing to do with Obamacare. The current version was authorized by the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011. The amount of the cut is 2% which in many case is billed to the patient or their supplemental insurance carrier.

Boehner will not allow a vote on the clean CR bill sent over by the Senate.

Why do Republicans hate democracy?

Because we don't live under a democracy it's a republic. Everyone should hate a democracy, it's mob rule.

The dems, for all their warts, didn't embrace Grover Norquist to starve the beast. If you havn't noticed the gop is about cutting revenues and increasing spending inorder to create a crisis to do away with middle class entitlement they never found the votes to end, you're not paying attention.

So we are trying to increase spending by continually calling for spending to be reduced?

If congress acts against the will of the majority (well, in the case of the House a supermajority of non-RW citizens) our republican form of govt offers a solution.

I rather like living and I prefer not to have some beauracrat in Washington messing up my health care and there by putting that living condition in jeopardy. I especially dont like the thought of my daughter growing up in a state run system with piss poor medical treatment because people wanted to ruin our current system by outsourcing their responsibility to take care of themselves to the government.

Really?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is why we rank so highly when compared to other nations in healthcare, longevity, and infant mortality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]"We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp - YouTube[/ame]

I'm shocked by your love for fake statistics.

Dumb ass, the UN rated us #37, the CIA Factbook ranks us lower than that;

Healthcare and the CIA World Factbook | OrthoCuban

First fact, our death rate per 1,000 people. Out of 223 countries and territories listed, we rank in position 102. That is, there are 101 countries and territories that have a worse death rate than us. And, there are 121 countries and territories that have a lower death rate than us, per 1,000 inhabitants. Our infant mortality rate puts us as 180 out of 223 countries and territories. That is, there are 179 countries and territories that have a worse infant mortality rate than us and 43 countries and territories that have a better infant mortality rate than us. Our life expectancy at birth ranks us 50th in the world. That is there are 49 countries that have a higher life expectancy than us and 173 countries that have a worse life expectancy at birth than us.

Breaking “new methodological ground,” the WHO report rates national health care performance according to five trendy flavors of the month: life expectancies, inequalities in health, the responsiveness of the system in providing diagnosis and treatment, inequalities in responsiveness, and how fairly systems are financed.

First, consider the study’s data. Health statistics for each country were collected from individual agencies and ministries, assuring wide disparities in definition, reporting technique and collection methodology. Indeed, the report concedes that “in all cases, there are multiple and often conflicting sources of information,” if sources at all. For the many nations that simply do not maintain health statistics, the WHO “developed [data] through a variety of techniques.” Without consistent and accurate data from within a single country, how can meaningful comparison be made among 191 different countries?

Second, the report places undue weight on statistical devices like disability-adjusted life expectancies (DALEs), which measure how long a person can expect to live in good health. The problem is, all the resources a country spends helping disabled people live longer and more comfortably do nothing to help its DALE score, so countries aiming for a good WHO ranking have no reason to spend more helping the disabled. DALEs assume that disabled people’s lives have less value than those of people without disabilities, and they make similar discounts on the lives of the elderly. Should the United States stop spending money on its disabled? On its seniors? The WHO’s criteria would give granny the boot.

Finally, on the basis of those flawed statistical measures, the WHO unleashes an emotional assault on free markets, saying that governments must hold the “ultimate responsibility” in “defining the vision and direction of health policy, exerting influence through regulation and advocacy, and collecting and using information.” WHO dismisses markets as “the worst possible way to determine who gets which health services,” arguing that “fairness” requires the highest possible degree of separation between who pays for health care and who uses it.

Overall, the WHO rankings’ mathematical formulations serve only to distract attention from the authors’ underlying distaste for individual choice in health care. The report largely ignores the extraordinary benefits the American marketplace brings to health care worldwide, such as new drugs, advanced diagnostic instruments such as MRIs and CAT scans, and lifesaving therapies for cancer and heart-disease patients. Under a WHO-style health care system, lifesaving research and innovation would be stifled and individual choice would be discarded in favor of collective control. Bureaucrats would decide who receives care — and who does not — on the basis of statistical tallies that devalue the lives of the elderly, the disabled and the chronically ill.

By contrast, a free-market health care system upholds the right of every person to make his own decisions. Patients are given choices, not issued numbers, and doctors are freed from impersonal “expert panels” dictating what care they can and cannot provide. The WHO’s idea of government-provided universal health care is a fantasy that masks a system of dangerous, formula-based rationing. If you value your health, don’t trust the WHO.

We're Number 37 in Health Care! | Cato Institute

The Republicans are scared of the ACA because they know that is has a very good chance of working, and they know when people actually start looking into it (rather than just listening to the fear mongering of the GOP), they are going to like it, and they are going to be happy with it, as well as pissed at the GOP for lying about it.

Give it a year and see what happens in the next elections, as well as the elections in 2016.

The GOP is going to lose big, and they know it.

Me personally? I'm looking forward to signing up. When I retired out of the military a few years back, I thought that I'd be a shoo in for a decent job that provides health insurance because of all the qualifications I'd earned while in the Navy. Guess what? None of the big corporations wanted to hire me because I was "overqualified", so I ended up working for a while at a rock casting factory, then worked as a short order cook for a couple of places.

None of them provided health insurance because they were simple mom and pop type businesses, all I got was minimum wage.

Now? Because of the ACA, I will be able to afford health insurance. I really miss being active duty military, because if anything was wrong, all you had to do was tell your division officer that you needed to get new glasses, check something out, or get your teeth looked at, head to the clinic, and it would be fixed.

I'm glad that I'm still pretty healthy and haven't required any kind of insurance (hopefully that continues for another 20 or 30 years), but I'm getting up in years, and I'm going to need it eventually.

Besides...............one of the really good parts of the ACA? If your insurance company doesn't spend any money on your healthcare for that year, they have to refund part of your premiums.
It's not going to take a year once people see how successful the insurance exchanges are. My son has just signed up for a policy in Washington state. He is 43, makes $45,000 and has 3 dependents. He selected Primera Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold plan, a PPO that has a network in the Seattle area that includes over 2500 doctors, all major hospitals. The details are:

• Premium $385/mo.
  • $1,000 Deductable
  • $10 copay for doctor visits
  • Prescription Drugs $10 generic/$45 brand name
  • Emergency room visits $200
  • 20% coinsurance for inpatient, outpatient, & most tests
  • No charge for a many preventive services
  • Dental coverage for the kids
  • Maximum out of pocket expense is $4500/yr.

https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org

His current plan is through Cobra and cost over $400/mo. more than this plan. Even though the deductible is much higher, the plan has more benefits, a larger network, and will cost less per year. Since he often changes jobs, being able to keep the same plan is a big plus since he will not have to pay deductibles more than once a year and no one has to change doctors because he changes jobs.

Wrong answer. If you currently have health insurance and are happy with it, you don't have to change.

Obamacare (aka the Affordable Care Act) will help you get insurance (even if the companies think you shouldn't because of a pre-existing condition), an you will be covered.

I knew a person in the military who had only one kidney, should he have been declined?

Forum List

Back