Why Republicans are so afraid of Obamacares

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
I have a Republican friend who went to the exchange and got insurance for $50 a month.

He said he will never vote Republican again.

I have a Republican friend who went to the exchange and got insurance for $50 a month.

Yep, free stuff always makes for a democrat voter. Not quite smart enough to figure out where the money comes from but sure as hell willing to sign up for the benefits. Obiecare is working perfectly.

Don't lie. There are no policies for 50$ per month and you "forgot" to tell about 15K deductuble and amount of co-payment he is supposed to pay. Oh, and the services NOT provided - where and by whom

Yep, free stuff always makes for a democrat voter. Not quite smart enough to figure out where the money comes from but sure as hell willing to sign up for the benefits. Obiecare is working perfectly.

Are you really so naive to take the bait ?

Don't lie. There are no policies for 50$ per month and you "forgot" to tell about 15K deductuble and amount of co-payment he is supposed to pay. Oh, and the services NOT provided - where and by whom

Vox is talking through the butt.

I was not aware that $50/month = "free".

Are you saying that we should not look for bargains and should be happy paying outrageous amounts to insurance companies?

Republicans are afraid of Obamcare because they know it will improve the overall healthcare of the nation and once fully implemented will lower the nation's healthcare bill. If they really thought it was going to be a disaster, they wouldn't be trying to block the implementation. They would allow it fail, ride to victory at the polls,and overturn it. What they're doing now in the House makes no sense.

Last edited:

Are you really so naive to take the bait ?

Yeah it looks like it.

I rather like living and I prefer not to have some beauracrat in Washington messing up my health care and there by putting that living condition in jeopardy. I especially dont like the thought of my daughter growing up in a state run system with piss poor medical treatment because people wanted to ruin our current system by outsourcing their responsibility to take care of themselves to the government.

Vox is talking through the butt.
In some states, prices are probably $50 a month if you're just over the Medicaid limit. In my state they start at about $65.

- nothing is worse than something ...

the fact is the Republicans have absolutely nothing to show for any healthcare legislation of their own whatsoever.

that might be what they scared of, but not me
I am scared of the totalitarianism that it will bring.
WE DONT NEED MORE GOVT
take care of yourselves, losers
Less govt would bring our solutions

- nothing is worse than something ...

the fact is the Republicans have absolutely nothing to show for any healthcare legislation of their own whatsoever.

Sometimes nothing is your best option. Especially when the something you insist upon is a huge dildo shove up your ass with no lube. Nothing seems like a better option.

Republicans shut down the government, because they believe the Affordable Care Act will be bad for the economy.

Now the shutdown is costing hundreds of thousands of people their wages.

Which is bad for the economy.

Apparently the Republicans have irony poor blood.

It's not a lie, and you know it.

I was shocked, because he voted for Romney in the last election.

I rather like living and I prefer not to have some beauracrat in Washington messing up my health care and there by putting that living condition in jeopardy. I especially dont like the thought of my daughter growing up in a state run system with piss poor medical treatment because people wanted to ruin our current system by outsourcing their responsibility to take care of themselves to the government.

Requiring people to buy for profit health insurance is not a "state run system." That would be Medicare, which people love.

The Affordable Care Act corrects some of the worse excesses of for profit healthcare....

1. The end of the Medicare doughnut hole.
2. Free Medicare preventive services.
3. Free preventive services for all women.
4. No denying health insurance because of a pre-existing medical condition.
5. Insurers can't gouge people with pre-existing conditions.
6. End of pre-existing restrictions on children's access to health insurance.
7. Adult children up to age 26 can now continue to get health insurance on their parents policy.
8. The law ends lifetime limits on insurance payouts.
9. Health insurers must spend at least 80 percent of their premium dollars on health care.
10. New standardized insurance coverage reports. This makes it easier to compare plans from different companies.

Republicans shut down the government, because they believe the Affordable Care Act will be bad for the economy.

Now the shutdown is costing hundreds of thousands of people their wages.

Which is bad for the economy.

Apparently the Republicans have irony poor blood.

A few hundred thousand government employees are going without pay when obiecare is causing millions to lose jobs, healthcare and cut to 28 hours or less per week. I'm not really missing these government employees.

I think the worst case scenario for you is the majority of people aren't going to even notice this shut down of non-essential government workers. And it will be harder to justify them coming back. Much like the sequester this shut down is pretty much nothing other than obie trying to shut down monuments. Once the people just walk through anyway they will realize it's total bullsh*t.

Forum List

Back