Why Republicans are so afraid of Obamacares

Wrong answer. If you currently have health insurance and are happy with it, you don't have to change.

Obamacare (aka the Affordable Care Act) will help you get insurance (even if the companies think you shouldn't because of a pre-existing condition), an you will be covered.

I knew a person in the military who had only one kidney, should he have been declined?

If you currently have health insurance and are happy with it, you don't have to change.

Sticking by this claim?

The Republicans are scared of the ACA because they know that is has a very good chance of working, and they know when people actually start looking into it (rather than just listening to the fear mongering of the GOP), they are going to like it, and they are going to be happy with it, as well as pissed at the GOP for lying about it.

Give it a year and see what happens in the next elections, as well as the elections in 2016.

The GOP is going to lose big, and they know it.

Me personally? I'm looking forward to signing up. When I retired out of the military a few years back, I thought that I'd be a shoo in for a decent job that provides health insurance because of all the qualifications I'd earned while in the Navy. Guess what? None of the big corporations wanted to hire me because I was "overqualified", so I ended up working for a while at a rock casting factory, then worked as a short order cook for a couple of places.

None of them provided health insurance because they were simple mom and pop type businesses, all I got was minimum wage.

Now? Because of the ACA, I will be able to afford health insurance. I really miss being active duty military, because if anything was wrong, all you had to do was tell your division officer that you needed to get new glasses, check something out, or get your teeth looked at, head to the clinic, and it would be fixed.

I'm glad that I'm still pretty healthy and haven't required any kind of insurance (hopefully that continues for another 20 or 30 years), but I'm getting up in years, and I'm going to need it eventually.

Besides...............one of the really good parts of the ACA? If your insurance company doesn't spend any money on your healthcare for that year, they have to refund part of your premiums.
It's not going to take a year once people see how successful the insurance exchanges are. My son has just signed up for a policy in Washington state. He is 43, makes $45,000 and has 3 dependents. He selected Primera Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold plan, a PPO that has a network in the Seattle area that includes over 2500 doctors, all major hospitals. The details are:

• Premium $385/mo.
  • $1,000 Deductable
  • $10 copay for doctor visits
  • Prescription Drugs $10 generic/$45 brand name
  • Emergency room visits $200
  • 20% coinsurance for inpatient, outpatient, & most tests
  • No charge for a many preventive services
  • Dental coverage for the kids
  • Maximum out of pocket expense is $4500/yr.

https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org

His current plan is through Cobra and cost over $400/mo. more than this plan. Even though the deductible is much higher, the plan has more benefits, a larger network, and will cost less per year. Since he often changes jobs, being able to keep the same plan is a big plus since he will not have to pay deductibles more than once a year and no one has to change doctors because he changes jobs.

WITH the subsidy.

Wrong answer. If you currently have health insurance and are happy with it, you don't have to change.

Obamacare (aka the Affordable Care Act) will help you get insurance (even if the companies think you shouldn't because of a pre-existing condition), an you will be covered.

I knew a person in the military who had only one kidney, should he have been declined?

If you currently have health insurance and are happy with it, you don't have to change.

Sticking by this claim?

Yep..............but the only caveat that I would add is that those health insurance companies who provide crappy coverage are going to have to let you go, because they don't provide enough under the guidelines of Obamacare.

And..................btw........................in most (but not all) cases, you can get it cheaper than what you had to pay before. The only place where your rates might go up is when they check what you make against their charts. In some cases (if you're rich) you may pay a bit more, but in most cases, you're going to pay less and get better healthcare.

Quit listening to FAUX Nooze. All they're trying to do is scare you out of it.

If they drop your ass you damn well have to change.

You're right..........................if they drop your ass (like some companies have chosen to do over the past week or so) you're going to have to change.

Want to know why? Because those insurance companies know that they can't provide the required amount of coverage that is required by the ACA, which is why they dropped you.

Interestingly enough, in many cases, you can get better insurance than what you'd previously had, and at a cheaper price (which is why they are scared).

Of course, there are very few who will have to pay more for insurance, but those are the people who make much more than the average American.

Sticking by this claim?

Yep..............but the only caveat that I would add is that those health insurance companies who provide crappy coverage are going to have to let you go, because they don't provide enough under the guidelines of Obamacare.

And..................btw........................in most (but not all) cases, you can get it cheaper than what you had to pay before. The only place where your rates might go up is when they check what you make against their charts. In some cases (if you're rich) you may pay a bit more, but in most cases, you're going to pay less and get better healthcare.

..............but the only caveat that I would add is that those health insurance companies who provide crappy coverage are going to have to let you go,

Millions of Americans are happy with their minimal coverage policies but WILL have to change. Because Obama lied.

because they don't provide enough under the guidelines of Obamacare.

Sounds like Obama's happiness about our plans matters more than our own happiness about our plans. So you were wrong (lied?)

All they're trying to do is scare you out of it.

Scaring me out of believing your (false) claim.

Sticking by this claim?

Got your marching orders and now you are about spreading the good news, aren't you. Folks like you never learn….

Oh yeah well I have a friend who got insurance for $25/month and the Obamacare operative said she'd give him a blow job too

Sticking by this claim?
There is no doubt the president should have never made this statement because:
  • In a number of states once benefits are substantially increased as they have been in these plans, the policies must be cancelled and reissued.
  • Plans that were issued prior to the enactment of the law could be grandfathered in. However plans that were issued after the enactment that did not meet the requirements of the law could not. Many if not most of the plans cancelled fell into this category.

According to the Kaiser Foundation, the replacement plans will offer substantially more benefits at or near the same price and less for most people receiving the subsidy.

Obama?s pledge that ?no one will take away? your health plan

Sticking by this claim?
  • In a number of states once benefits are substantially increased as they have been in these plans, the policies must be cancelled and reissued.
  • Plans that were issued prior to the enactment of the law could be grandfathered in. However plans that were issued after the enactment that did not meet the requirements of the law could not. Many if not most of the plans cancelled fell into this category.

According to the Kaiser Foundation, the replacement plans will offer substantially more benefits at or near the same price and less for most people receiving the subsidy.

That's pretty awesome for Kaiser. Soaking up some subsidy profits! Go team!

I have a Republican friend who went to the exchange and got insurance for $50 a month.

He said he will never vote Republican again.

Got insurance for $50.00 a month? Did he mention how much his deductible is going to be, or did he just go there and NOT register....just checked it out??

If they drop your ass you damn well have to change.

You're right..........................if they drop your ass (like some companies have chosen to do over the past week or so) you're going to have to change.

Want to know why? Because those insurance companies know that they can't provide the required amount of coverage that is required by the ACA, which is why they dropped you.

Interestingly enough, in many cases, you can get better insurance than what you'd previously had, and at a cheaper price (which is why they are scared).

Of course, there are very few who will have to pay more for insurance, but those are the people who make much more than the average American.

Differences in state laws have made if difficult for insurance companies to operate in all states. Thus some of the smaller states have only 3 or 4 companies selling individual insurance and many of these companies do not sell in all counties seriously reducing completion. As a part of the Republican Healthcare reform, they proposed allowing companies to sell across state lines to increase competition. It would have been hard for Republicans to get this passed as it would certainly usurp the power of the states to regulate the companies operating in their state and would increase federal regulations. However, Democrats could have got this passed and I believe should have considered it. When the day comes that the two parties can work together maybe they could get this passed.

I have a Republican friend who went to the exchange and got insurance for $50 a month.

He said he will never vote Republican again.

Got insurance for $50.00 a month? Did he mention how much his deductible is going to be, or did he just go there and NOT register....just checked it out??

The overriding factor with Democrats, in spite of the facts, is that you have this "so-called" insurance. Doesn't matter that these policies are, for the most part, useless. Deductibles so high that they bankrupt you and your family. Doesn't matter. You, the policy holder, are "covered".

Sticking by this claim?

Yeah - like maternity coverage for people that cannot ever have children again. Some "benefit."

And why is it there is no lifetime cap on benefits? Surely the benefits offered by the new health plans are not actually "unlimited," but they are being rated above $10 Million. So everyone that doesn't get a subsidy has to pay for an unlimited benefit even though there will actually be limits on care.

Why does a single man have to purchase a plan that includes mammograms?

As Obamacare has gone online and from bill, law, to launch and we have started to go from speculation about it to reality the reasons Republicans were and are against are becoming more clear with each passing day.
And their reasons will become much more clear as millions of people who could not afford or qualify for health insurance get coverage.

Forum List

Back