Why Political Correctness Isn't Of The Right, Only The Left...

A perfect example of conservative political correctness is the hysterical outrage that has erupted in recent years on the Right over the idea that certain people in certain places might choose to use the expression 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'.

Actually, dumbass, political correctness is what's brought about the words Happy Holidays, so as not to have offended whiny Far Lefties like yourself who've felt slighted by the words Merry Christmas.

Moron.

Why are conservatives trying to force people to say Merry Christmas?

I couldn't care less what your dumbass calls it, or if you are too stupid to celebrate. That's YOUR choice. however, don't tell the rest of America what they can or can't do, or believe in.

I've never actually run across anyone that's said not to say Merry Christmas, but on this board we get people complaining about Happy Holidays all the time. I think you've got this thing backwards.

A perfect example of conservative political correctness is the hysterical outrage that has erupted in recent years on the Right over the idea that certain people in certain places might choose to use the expression 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'.

Actually, dumbass, political correctness is what's brought about the words Happy Holidays, so as not to have offended whiny Far Lefties like yourself who've felt slighted by the words Merry Christmas.

Moron.

you of course have that backwards. I can't recall any push to force people not to say "Happy Holidays"

lol and yet if you go down a few posts you'll see where a poster is claiming he boycotts any store where they say happy holidays.

Moron.

you of course have that backwards. I can't recall any push to force people not to say "Happy Holidays"

So why don't they just shut the fuck up about it? It certainly sounds like they're forcing people to stop saying it or it wouldn't be a regular thing every Nov-Dec. I've never heard of someone being told they can't say "Merry Christmas". Saying "Happy Holidays" is just an acknowledgement that Channukah and New Years fall in the same period of time, but some just want to take it as an insult. They're the ones with the problem, not the rest of us.

thats not being Politically correct....the people saying "happy Holidays" are the example....

But the people who complain about "Happy Holidays" are being PC. It's an example of why the term doesn't really have any meaning anymore, since both sides engage in it.
you are being PC when you say something different then what has been said because you dont want to "offend" someone.....not bitching about someone who gives in and becomes PC....
politically correct
adjective
agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people......

Aren't conservatives offended by "Happy Holidays"? Certainly seems that way since we get posts about the "War on Christmas" every year. I think there's actually more offense taken on the right than on the left, so I feel you're incorrect on this point.

Aren't conservatives offended by "Happy Holidays"?
first off Konrad,its not just a conservative thing.....secondly, the "merry christmas" people are not worried about offending someone.....but the "happy holidays" people are.....hence "political correctness" on their parts....so you are the one who is incorrect.....

I say Merry Christmas hundreds of times each year. Not once does the image of Jesus enter my mind. I'm thinking Santa Claus and happy kids. I'm thinking time with family and good food. It's a great holiday.

I'm thinking all that good stuff. I'm not thinking of some virgin having god's baby.....setting off thousands of years of bloody religious strife.

Merry Christmas everyone!
hey same to you LL.....

Moron.

I couldn't care less what your dumbass calls it, or if you are too stupid to celebrate. That's YOUR choice. however, don't tell the rest of America what they can or can't do, or believe in.

I've never actually run across anyone that's said not to say Merry Christmas, but on this board we get people complaining about Happy Holidays all the time. I think you've got this thing backwards.
True.

And no one's ever been arrested for saying Merry Christmas, or prosecuted, or sent to prison.

In fact, there's no such thing as 'PC,' it's a myth contrived by the right solely to whine about ridiculous non-issues.

Moron.

True.

And no one's ever been arrested for saying Merry Christmas, or prosecuted, or sent to prison.

In fact, there's no such thing as 'PC,' it's a myth contrived by the right solely to whine about ridiculous non-issues.

Fuck you hypocrite.

You would be wrong here. "Happy Holidays" is the politically correct way to say "Merry Christmas", that we are fighting that means we do not accept political correctness.

Mark

great sharts breakfasts said:

Moron.

nycarbineer said:

randallflagg said:

konradv said:

c_clayton_jones said:
True.

This post fails as an argument designed to appeal to authority.

Argument from authority - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

See how fun this is, C_Clate?

Two can play at your childish game, sonny. :badgrin:

Moron.

True.

its a myth?......

1324512.gif

thats not being Politically correct....the people saying "happy Holidays" are the example....

But the people who complain about "Happy Holidays" are being PC. It's an example of why the term doesn't really have any meaning anymore, since both sides engage in it.
you are being PC when you say something different then what has been said because you dont want to "offend" someone.....not bitching about someone who gives in and becomes PC....
politically correct
adjective
agreeing with the idea that people should be careful to not use language or behave in a way that could offend a particular group of people......

Aren't conservatives offended by "Happy Holidays"? Certainly seems that way since we get posts about the "War on Christmas" every year. I think there's actually more offense taken on the right than on the left, so I feel you're incorrect on this point.

first off Konrad,its not just a conservative thing.....secondly, the "merry christmas" people are not worried about offending someone.....but the "happy holidays" people are.....hence "political correctness" on their parts....so you are the one who is incorrect.....

People complaining about "Happy Holidays" are definitely doing so because they're offended. "Happy Holidays" is merely an acknowledgement that there are holidays other than Christmas involved. Those offended by "Merry Christmas" are a very small minority compared to those complaining about "Happy Holidays". Regardless of how many times you say differently, this is a bad example of PC in practice, unless you're talking about right wing PC.

politically correct
adjective

People complaining about "Happy Holidays" are definitely doing so because they're offended. "Happy Holidays" is merely an acknowledgement that there are holidays other than Christmas involved. Those offended by "Merry Christmas" are a very small minority compared to those complaining about "Happy Holidays". Regardless of how many times you say differently, this is a bad example of PC in practice, unless you're talking about right wing PC.
Konrad....i showed a dictionary meaning of PC.....someone not saying something BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID OF OFFENDING SOMEONE......now who are the "merry christmas" people afraid of offending?......

Forum List

Back