why people hate taxes

It doesnt matter that more of them are Dems than Rs.

What matters is MOST AMERICAN VOTERS feel that way.

No general election will be won on protecting the rich this next year.

We are a democracy after all.

Actually, we're a Republic, not a true democracy.

I didnt say true or pure democracy.

I said democracy.

You dont get to change my words or the dictionary definitions of words for your poltical gain.

Actually, we're a Republic, not a true democracy.

I didnt say true or pure democracy.

I said democracy.

You dont get to change my words or the dictionary definitions of words for your poltical gain.

list the ways in which she would gain politically..

You tell me why the right thinks it gains them to persist in the lie that we are NOT a Democracy?

go ahead list the ways she would gain politically

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a: government by the people; especially: rule of the majority b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

: a political unit that has a democratic government

capitalized: the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy&#8212; C. M. Roberts>

: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority

It is the god damned definition right out of the dictionary.

you fight isnt with me its with EVERY dictionary and encylopedia in the world.

Why do you people continue with this meme handed you by your masters when it is so easily demonstartabley a LIE?

But you leave out the entire first part... which is fucking important because we are NOT THE RULE OF MOTHERFUCKING MAJORITY..... OUR CONSTITUTION IS SET UP COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN RULE OF MAJORITY

Give it up, lying twatsicle.... we are not a DEMOCRACY... we are a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC....

why did she lie about the definition of the word?

why has every con who claims this lied about the very difinition of the word?

Because there a silly people like willow who will buy into any stupid idea without evern looking up the word themselves.

To fool prospective voters just like you willow

But you leave out the entire first part... which is fucking important because we are NOT THE RULE OF MOTHERFUCKING MAJORITY..... OUR CONSTITUTION IS SET UP COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN RULE OF MAJORITY

Give it up, lying twatsicle.... we are not a DEMOCRACY... we are a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC....

that is like saying a cow is not a bovine

The definition of the word Democracy says a rep system is a democracy

this has been explained to you before, dick-stain...

Constitutional republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A constitutional republic is a state in which the head of state and other officials are representatives of the people and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over all of its citizens. Because the head of the state is elected, it is a republic and not a monarchy.

In a constitutional republic, executive, legislative, and judicial powers are separated into distinct branches.[1]

The fact that a constitution exists that limits the government's power makes the state constitutional. That the head(s) of state and other officials are chosen by election, rather than inheriting their positions, and that their decisions are subject to judicial review makes the state a republic.
The above EXACTLY describes the United States.

your fight isnt with me its with EVERY dictionary and encyclopedia in the world.

that is like saying a cow is not a bovine

The definition of the word Democracy says a rep system is a democracy

No... it is inherent that it is rule of majority... we are not rule of majority...

No matter HOW MANY times you try and repeat it in the wish to make someone believe you.... the United States is NOT a Democracy... it has been shown to you time and time and time again...

Do you have any idea just how insane you people look fighting with every dictionary and encyclopedia in the world?

this has been explained to you before, dick-stain...

Constitutional republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A constitutional republic is a state in which the head of state and other officials are representatives of the people and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over all of its citizens. Because the head of the state is elected, it is a republic and not a monarchy.

In a constitutional republic, executive, legislative, and judicial powers are separated into distinct branches.[1]

The fact that a constitution exists that limits the government's power makes the state constitutional. That the head(s) of state and other officials are chosen by election, rather than inheriting their positions, and that their decisions are subject to judicial review makes the state a republic.
The above EXACTLY describes the United States.
TM...READ the above post...and tell me honestly...does it reflect our country?

putz.

I think the reason most people hate taxes is that they don't feel like Government treats tax money with any kind of reverence once it's taken away. In my opinion the average taxpayer would have little problem paying their taxes if they didn't think our politicians weren't wasting it through stupid policies, programs, cronyism and outright fraud.

What Americans HATE is working as hard as they do to make that money...then have it taken...and pissed away by idiots.

Last edited:
Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-&#712;mä-kr&#601;-s&#275;\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a: government by the people; especially: rule of the majority b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

We do NOT have a rule by majority government. The framers knew that majority rules equals mob rule

Look we are established by our constitution as a republic. In the vernacular our governmental system has come to be known as a democracy but in truth it isn't. If we were a democracy we would not elect representatives we would have a simple majority rules vote by the public on every issue.

Interesting discussion in this thread. I need to read it some more. Looks like I might have found an example of Truthmatters telling the truth.

That's so hard to comprehend that I need to think about it a little longer.

your fight isnt with me its with EVERY dictionary and encyclopedia in the world.

Merriam Webster

Definition of REPUBLIC
a (1) : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government b (1) : a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law (2) : a political unit (as a nation) having such a form of government

We are a republic.

Forum List

Back