why people hate taxes

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Life Inc. - Why we hate taxes (it's not what you think)

Among those surveyed, only 38 percent said they pay more than their “fair share” in federal taxes, compared with 55 percent who answered affirmatively in a similar 2000 poll. By contrast 52 percent said they pay “about the right amount” in taxes, up from 41 percent in 2003.

When asked what bothers them most about the federal tax system, only 11 percent cited the amount they pay in taxes. An overwhelming 57 percent cited the perception that wealthy people don’t pay their fare share, while 28 percent chose the complexity of the tax system.

Last edited:
Here's my take.
Think of taxes as a Homeowners association fee but the IRS takes the money and sends it to a Synagogue down the street when your sewer is still backing up and the roof is leaking.

Among those surveyed, only 38 percent said they pay more than their “fair share” in federal taxes, compared with 55 percent who answered affirmatively in a similar 2000 poll. By contrast 52 percent said they pay “about the right amount” in taxes, up from 41 percent in 2003.

When asked what bothers them most about the federal tax system, only 11 percent cited the amount they pay in taxes. An overwhelming 57 percent cited the perception that wealthy people don’t pay their fare share, while 28 percent chose the complexity of the tax system.

Well, my perception is that 50% of you leeches pay Zero in Federal Income tax and they damn sure don't pay their fair share or any share for that matter so they should sdastfu

Well, my perception is that 50% of you leeches pay Zero in Federal Income tax and they damn sure don't pay their fair share or any share for that matter so they should sdastfu

Yeah... and 50% of YOU leeches don't pay zero in Federal income taxes? In other words, all those people who don't pay federal income taxes are libruls, right? That the working poor are only Progressives?

you're an idiot.

• Banned
only 11 percent cited the amount they pay in taxes. An overwhelming 57 percent cited the perception that wealthy people don’t pay their fare share, while 28 percent chose the complexity of the tax system

The right is going to tank with the people thinking this way.

Now ask yourself why a party panders to the monirity of the votrers and expects to win?

Maybe its all over but the counting and they take care of the counting?

Yeah... and 50% of YOU leeches don't pay zero in Federal income taxes? In other words, all those people who don't pay federal income taxes are libruls, right? That the working poor are only Progressives?

you're an idiot.

what percent do you think are Republicans? doyathink??

You should be so lucky you earn enough to pay federal income taxes, bitch. I would love to make enough to be able to this year.

When nearly 50% of earners pay zero in income taxes or actually get more back than they paid in via refundable tax credits of course they're going to say they pay the right amount.

DUH

Your perception is a rovian lie willow

no,, my perception is the absolute truth here in America.. Fifty percent of us do pay and 50% of youse do NOT pay.

Instead of being thankful that you earn enough money to pay federal income tax... you instead bitch about the individuals who are so poor that they do not fit into the bracket.

You abhorrent asshole.

you're an idiot.

what percent do you think are Republicans? doyathink??

Oh.... probably Half...withing a 5-7% margin.

no,, my perception is the absolute truth here in America.. Fifty percent of us do pay and 50% of youse do NOT pay.

Instead of being thankful that you earn enough money to pay federal income tax... you instead bitch about the individuals who are so poor that they do not fit into the bracket.

You abhorrent asshole.

LOL Lets create a strawman so I can cry. Go ahead cry.

But that was weak as hell. I know several people that got back more then they paid in. The odd thing, not poor at all.

You should be so lucky you earn enough to pay federal income taxes, bitch. I would love to make enough to be able to this year.

You can voluntarily send some in..

You abhorrent asshole.

hey wanker! I'm not so much bitching about their paying none as I am bitching about their bitching about other folks not paying "their fair share." you got that now in you pea cloudy brain?? contemplate that concept

You abhorrent asshole.

They hate poor people.

funny thing is their policies just keep making more poor people

You abhorrent asshole.

LOL Lets create a strawman so I can cry. Go ahead cry.

But that was weak as hell. I know several people that got back more then they paid in. The odd thing, not poor at all.

Ahhh... the dubious... "I know several people" thing... Nothing like making "factual" claims on an anonymous message board.

Ok... i'll play... I know LOTS of people who work their asses off doing jobs most of you would shudder at, and barely make enough to survive... let alone pay for health insurance for their kids, pay their bills AND contribute enough to keep our consumer driven economy rolling... funny thing is? I'm not making shit up... you on the other hand? I'm doubtful... Not out and out calling you a liar, but... the potential is there.

What do I get for my taxes?

Hmmm I have a private well and septic system so I don't get water or sewage services from my town even though I pay for them

I don't have kids but I pay for other peoples' kids to go to school

I use roads but supposedly that's what gas taxes are for

The government uses my tax money to invade other countries for dubious reasons.
The government gives my tax money to other countries
The government gives my tax money to so called artists so they can make so called art
The government takes 15% of my lifetime income and hamstrings my financial security

The list goes on and on

And you wonder why people hate paying taxes.

Forum List

Back