Why not cut military spending?

Why not cut the military budget?
Because the right is primarialy fear driven.
Cut the military budget and the Islamofascists will get us!

waaah!

Yes... military spending should be cut as well... not eliminated like welfare and other entitlements should be, but cut

Audit all contracts.. stop payment to contractors not fulfilling the contracts.. review military projects and streamline, eliminating ones that we all know are out there that are nothing more than pet projects.. look at overseas base closures (maybe not all, but at least some).. go after the vast amounts of waste and fraud... stop lavish Pentagon spending... etc.. the list goes on....

Many on the right do not like the idea of cutting defense spending even one bit... I am not one of those... there is room to cut

Please, PLEASE have Obama run his campaign on the promise of gutting the military.

There is enormous waste in defense spending. Time for the Republicans to admit it and strengthen their bargaining position.

Agreed...but let's not do it to the point to were we could be hurt, our readiness is damaged...when we really have to call upon the military.
You do know that the proposed cuts are in the range of a scant few percentage points and spread over a decade, don't you?

Yes...but I am dubious of it. I think other programs could be cut...some Departments should be obliterated altogether.

I know that this is an attack thread and all but military spending should be cut and drastic cuts at that along with everything else. The United States needs to stop being the worlds police and protecting everyone else. Close bases that the US has around the world and let others take care of themselves.

[

Because we are at war, cutting Military spending while at war is insane.

We killed bin Laden. Afganistan will continue to be a politically unstable mass of rock whether we leave tomorrow or five years from now. End the war, and we trim a significant chunck of budget fat.

I'm conservative and I'd cut military spending right along with spending in every other federal government department, agency, or whatever. Anyone who's ever had responsibility for large budgets knows, or should, that there is always waste just about everywhere. Some of it's a little, some of it's a lot, but when you add it all up it's likely to be significant. With the amount of money dedicated to military and the many programs it's spread amongst there is bound to be waste and probably lots of it.

This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

FPI Fact Sheet: The Dangers of Deep Defense Cuts: What America

Lets keep military spending around 4-5% of gdp, its historical average....................

Military expenditures are not bankrupting the country, entitlement spending is

Our overblown defense budget didn't do squat to prevent the biggest attack in American history.

Perhaps you are unaware that military was gutted in the 90's. :eusa_whistle:

Gutted?

What, from $600 billion all the way down to $500 billion?

The GOP shitheads seem to think we need to destroy medicare, medicaid, and food stamps, but military? More please!

discretionary_spending_fy2011.png

[

Because we are at war, cutting Military spending while at war is insane.

We killed bin Laden. Afganistan will continue to be a politically unstable mass of rock whether we leave tomorrow or five years from now. End the war, and we trim a significant chunck of budget fat.

I do think we should leave Afghanistan but I don't want any cuts happening until we do just that and sort out this whole Iran business. Whenever the US makes Military cuts tin pot dictators pop bottles and start making plans.

This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

How about cutting so many entitlements. Yeah lets just slash the military so anyone could attack us. You are a complete moron

Why not cut the military budget?
Becuase the right is primarrially fear driven.
Cut the military budget and the Islamofascists will get us!

waaah!
No less so than lolberals, who depicted Paul Ryan shoving granny over a cliff.

Fear driven indeed.

Yes but it is a central plank of the ongoing republican platform.
Gonna take our guns away.
The Bush doctrine attack them becuase they might attack us.
Gays gonna ruin our children!
and on and on.

Forum List

Back