Why not cut military spending?

Oddball just look back thru the posts in this thread and tell me that the right wing posters are not afraid of islamofascists, etc.

So says a moron that sports a Japanese cartoon picture.

Stick to your cartoons, idiot.

Oh, DoD spending in the economy accounts for millions of jobs.....but of course you idiots love cutting jobs in the middle of a recession and putting those people in the welfare line.

This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

Thats what gets me about all these liberals that want to cut DoD spending. Its the only spending the government does that actually supports jobs. All of that welfare spending just creates more lazy ass unemployed who sit at home collecting a paycheck.

Look at the graph again moron, you see that 1%? That's food stamps (as well as poor GOP welfare AKA farm subsidies)

discretionary_spending_fy2011.png

There needs to be a chainsaw brought out against the biggest porkbarreled spending the nation has, the military.

Obamination and his fellow liberals see the people on welfare as a bigger voting block than the military personnel/contractors and NASA contractors/personnel being laid off the past 3 years because he is gutting the DoD budget each round he gets.

They pretty much ruined the NASA engineering base in Florida and now many of those people don't have jobs and have moved away from Florida with no hope of ever returning to NASA.

Obamination is cutting the civilians and military in the military to lower levels which puts more people on the street looking for a job in this economy. He thinks having them on welfare is more productive than actually serving the country in the military.:eusa_whistle:

Oh, DoD spending in the economy accounts for millions of jobs.....but of course you idiots love cutting jobs in the middle of a recession and putting those people in the welfare line.

This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

Thats what gets me about all these liberals that want to cut DoD spending. Its the only spending the government does that actually supports jobs. All of that welfare spending just creates more lazy ass unemployed who sit at home collecting a paycheck.

Umm they buy things with theat Welfare money, SS money, Unemployment, And the medical industry gets all the medicare/medicaid spending.
That creates jobs as well.

So that is your justification, they "spend" the welfare money to create other people jobs?

You don't want tax dollars to go to people who actually work to protect the US, but you want to pay lazy able bodied men that do nothing. Rewarding people for being lazy is just going to create more lazy people. Not to mention if we didn't have to take all that tax money out of people's paychecks in the first place then the people actually WORKING to earn their own money would get to spend more of it, instead of some lazy unemployed leech spending it.

Liberalism! Gotta love it!

yes it should be cut.

and the saving should be put into infrastructure building.

when you spend all your money preparing for war and not caplitalism quess what happens

The thousands of aerospace workers put out of work can get a job building roads. Why didn't I think of that? And to hell with the budget deficit and national debt. Gotta spend that money that we have to borrow 40 cents on the dollar.

Agreed...but let's not do it to the point to were we could be hurt, our readiness is damaged...when we really have to call upon the military.
You do know that the proposed cuts are in the range of a scant few percentage points and spread over a decade, don't you?

Yes...but I am dubious of it. I think other programs could be cut...some Departments should be obliterated altogether.

I think they should start by eliminating the TSA and the DHS gestapo. The defense budget is rife with waste. There are lots of pork barrel projects that the military doesn't even want. There are programs that wind up being bottomless money pits - like the B2 bomber, the V-22 Osprey, the F-22, etc. The B2 is so expensive, they don't want to risk using the thing. 9/11 happened because a handful of terrorists took over planes with freaking boxcutters. How is a billion dollar B2 or a 2 billion dollar aircraft carrier going to stop that?

Wow are you misinformed, no wonder you're a brainwashed right winger.

2012's military spending budget was for over 700 billion.

And if we had ourselves a "proper" president, we could easily have that number up to a nice even trillion.

Got that right. Willard and the GOP trash would slobber all over themselves to see a 1 trillion dollar military budget,...to start.

Yeah, and then we could go blasting the shit out of everyone and still have money left over for keg party or two.

Can we afford the job losses in this economy?...
:eusa_eh:
Defense industry group: Big budget cuts mean big job losses
July 17th, 2012 - More than 2 million jobs could be lost if Congress does not agree on a budget plan by the end of the year, according to a defense industry group's report on a budget bill that would cut total federal spending by more than $1 trillion over the next decade.
The report, released Tuesday by George Mason University and commissioned by the Aerospace Industries Association, a group that lobbies for many companies in the defense industry, estimates that 1.09 million private-sector and federal jobs connected with the Department of Defense would be lost, and nearly as many nondefense jobs. The report, titled "The Economic Impact of the Budget Control Act of 2011 on DOD and Non-DOD Agencies," examines the ripple effect from the potential cuts, known as sequestration, that resulted from a congressional deal struck last fall during negotiations on the current budget deal.

Those result of those negotiations was that Congress and the president were unable to agree on a deficit-reduction plan. If there is no agreement by January 2013, the Pentagon and other federal agencies would be forced to cut spending by $1.2 trillion over the next 10 years. The Department of Defense would receive most of the cuts, $492 billion, while the other federal offices would share the remainder of the cuts, totaling $708 billion.

The defense-sector job loss numbers are up slightly from a similar report the AIA released last October, which looked only at a limited number of accounts that would hit the defense industry in reaching a total of 1.06 million lost jobs. The latest report looks at the effect of sequestration on all accounts that would affect the defense industry. The October report did not look at the effect on other federal agencies. "This report shows that sequestration is not just a defense problem, it's an American problem," said AIA President and CEO Marion C. Blakey. "Unless our leaders in Washington take action, massive cuts have the potential to impact everyone from the defense worker to teachers, health care professionals, government employees and beyond."

According to the new report:
- 1,090,359 jobs across the defense sector would be lost;
- 107,220 of those jobs would be in the federal sector;
- 1,047,349 jobs would disappear related to the budget cuts for other federal agencies
- More than half of those nondefense jobs - 510,229 - would be federal employees.

MORE

Lets keep military spending around 4-5% of gdp, its historical average....................

Military expenditures are not bankrupting the country, entitlement spending is

another example of the brain damage righty suffers from...

i know we have a team of psychologist and psychiatrists working for us, they read these boards, find statements like this, analyze it and try and figure out what horrible thing was done to this person for them to be so completely and entirely out of their minds

report is due in soon

Look at the graph again moron, you see that 1%? That's food stamps (as well as poor GOP welfare AKA farm subsidies)

discretionary_spending_fy2011.png

There needs to be a chainsaw brought out against the biggest porkbarreled spending the nation has, the military.

Federal Budget Pie Charts | The Concord Coalition

Check out the pie charts here for an unbiased view of where tax money goes.

Last edited:
The military employs some Americans, so I say eliminate most of the military and employ all those people and more building roads and bridges, etc.

Lets keep military spending around 4-5% of gdp, its historical average....................

Military expenditures are not bankrupting the country, entitlement spending is

another example of the brain damage righty suffers from...

i know we have a team of psychologist and psychiatrists working for us, they read these boards, find statements like this, analyze it and try and figure out what horrible thing was done to this person for them to be so completely and entirely out of their minds

report is due in soon

Will give this illiterate, evoltionary genetic defective all the consideration it deserves....

Im guessing the boyz in da hood can relate to the crack induced rants though lol

You mean that which happened in 2001?

Yea, you know, on the FY2001 military budget passed by Clinton in 2000? :eusa_whistle:

No matter how you slice it, still a giant failure by the defense community.

Sure it was. The point is you get what you pay for. If you want to cut and gut the military then it leaves us more vulnerable. If thats the way the country wants it, then so be it. But don't make some uninformed claim that we had a bloated military budget at the time and it didn't help us one bit.

The military employs some Americans, so I say eliminate most of the military and employ all those people and more building roads and bridges, etc.

Yea because all the folks working for the military know all about building "roads and bridges".

Its amazing you libtards are still obessed with that story. I thought by this time our whole infrastructure systems was going to be in ruins if we didn't rebuild every road and bridge by now.

Forum List

Back