Why not cut military spending?

This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

Because we are at war, cutting Military spending while at war is insane.

Cutting taxes during war is also insane.

Why of course it is...........Cuting taxes at any time is outlandish, especially when social justice and equality hasnt been achieved !!!!!!!!! lol

The Chinese are spending so much money on their military because:

1) They are trying to equal or pass us and Russia as the world's superpower.
2) They want to dominate the Pacific and take natural resources from their neighbors to keep feeding their economic machine.

Oh, but we should let them catch us and then see what happens, eh? Maybe you didn't learn shit from when Japan did that in the 1930s-40s....only millions died. Great plan you have....:eusa_whistle:

And do you know WHY China can increase spending in their military? Because we gave them the MONEY to afford it by buying all of their goods...free trade baby...works like a charm doesn't it?

Besides the fact that them spending 120 billion a year now compared to our TOTAL defense costs of 900 billion A YEAR is piddly poo compared to us.

there is more than enough room to cut our total defense spending by 200 billion a year...and I'm not talking about cutting people, but cutting waste....there is billions upon billions upon billions in waste each year. We are very smart people and we can do this without hurting our Defense of this nation....

Uh, eventually China will build up their middle class and won't need us for trade purposes. They also will eventually attack their neighbors over fishing and oil rights between them and those islands off their coast.

They have already threatened the PI, Vietnam, South Korea, etc with their Navy boats....oh, but they're just so nice in your fucked up head. I recall they also attacked one of our P-3s years ago....

China will of course protect their best customer base.

If we would quit trying to force our way of life down the throats of so many other countries we don't need that big a military. If we continue to do what we are doing we are playing into the terriorist plans. Left alone the middle east will self implode. Let stay home and protect our borders and when we catch terriorist in our country send them home UPS in a small box.

Uh, eventually China will build up their middle class and won't need us for trade purposes. They also will eventually attack their neighbors over fishing and oil rights between them and those islands off their coast.

They have already threatened the PI, Vietnam, South Korea, etc with their Navy boats....oh, but they're just so nice in your fucked up head. I recall they also attacked one of our P-3s years ago....

China will of course protect their best customer base.

translation, you are ready for war with china, which branch will you be joining?

do we have one of those hand tapping, waiting emoticons?

Last edited:
This question is aimed more towards Republicans, as they're usually the ones crying about the multi-trillion dollar deficit, wasteful federal spending, etc.

I can not think of a bigger waste of taxpayer money then our current "defense" budget, yet the threat of significant cuts to the military magically turns GOP establishment from fiscal hawks to war hawks, warning that any reduction to military spending will jeopardize our national security. #2 ranked China has quadruple our population, yet can manage to defend themselves at a fraction of what the United States spends. At the very least, this screams of inefficiency (perhaps someone can tell the lobbyists from Boeing and Lockheed Martin to F off and reduce the bloated government contracts they get?).

Seriously, someone justify why military cuts should NOT be made?

Me, i am all for 20% off of EVERYTHING.... nothing spared. No pet programs.... so that includes the military.

Forum List

Back