Why No Women NFL Refs or Coaches?

//http://www.google.com/imgres?q=rachel+maddow+bull+dyke&um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=607&tbm=isch&tbnid=wnTYdpks-qV4iM:&imgrefurl=http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2008/09/msnbcs_rachel_m.html&docid=h81oH9XJOYoCkM&imgurl=http://www.moonbattery.com/rachel-maddow.jpg&w=264&h=398&ei=3_ceT4jzE-Hg2AWC4bmyDw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=94&sig=111183559788914247153&page=2&tbnh=138&tbnw=100&start=21&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:21&tx=81&ty=82

I always thought Robin Roberts was a pretty commentator back in the day. If they get some serious women instead of the Bimbo express, they might actually find some really good female commentators.

Go for it ---

Begin by qualifying as a high school football official. Explore the website of the National Association of Athletic Officials (NASO). Review what it says about the skills and training needed to become a high school football official.

Contact your state high school athletic association. Check out its requirements for certification as an NFL referee. Attend its rules clinics. Pass the required tests and begin officiating at high school football games.

Network whenever possible. Study the rules and know them as well if not better than everyone else. Stay in top physical condition.

Move to the next level of competition, college athletics. Familiarize yourself with the various college athletic conferences and who the heads of officiating are at each conference. Specialize in one area of officiating--referee, line judge, backfield judge--as much as possible while knowing all aspects of the rulebook.

Attend college officiating clinics. Continue networking. Let it be known that you are interested in moving to the ranks of intercollegiate officiating. If need be, take an officiating position at a Division II level in order to move to Division I.

Officiate at Division I for at least 10 years, continuing to network, taking high visibility assignments like bowl games when possible. After 7 or 8 years, let your interest in becoming an NFL official be known. Attend NFL clinics for officials.

When you have established the necessary credentials and resume necessary to become an NFL official, apply at the office of NFL officials. Continue to apply until you are hired. Work diligently until you are assigned to a Super Bowl. Then--rack your brains, eyesight, and powers of judgment trying to figure out if the receiver got his second foot down inbounds for a game winning touchdown.

I am not suggesting any different. Except the 'top physical shape' thing is a bit of a joke. None of those refs look like fine tuned atheletes. But, yes, let's open up and recruit some women refs at lower levels and start there. But, if it is known that you shouldn't bother cuz you won't get in, what other choice is there? Schools and lower levels could certainly enlist that type of help.

You don't "open up and recruit" NFL refs, asswipe.
One must pay his dues (i.e. - COACH A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM), work their way up through D1, qualify, apply and be selected

Last edited:
Go for it ---

Begin by qualifying as a high school football official. Explore the website of the National Association of Athletic Officials (NASO). Review what it says about the skills and training needed to become a high school football official.

Contact your state high school athletic association. Check out its requirements for certification as an NFL referee. Attend its rules clinics. Pass the required tests and begin officiating at high school football games.

Network whenever possible. Study the rules and know them as well if not better than everyone else. Stay in top physical condition.

Move to the next level of competition, college athletics. Familiarize yourself with the various college athletic conferences and who the heads of officiating are at each conference. Specialize in one area of officiating--referee, line judge, backfield judge--as much as possible while knowing all aspects of the rulebook.

Attend college officiating clinics. Continue networking. Let it be known that you are interested in moving to the ranks of intercollegiate officiating. If need be, take an officiating position at a Division II level in order to move to Division I.

Officiate at Division I for at least 10 years, continuing to network, taking high visibility assignments like bowl games when possible. After 7 or 8 years, let your interest in becoming an NFL official be known. Attend NFL clinics for officials.

When you have established the necessary credentials and resume necessary to become an NFL official, apply at the office of NFL officials. Continue to apply until you are hired. Work diligently until you are assigned to a Super Bowl. Then--rack your brains, eyesight, and powers of judgment trying to figure out if the receiver got his second foot down inbounds for a game winning touchdown.

I am not suggesting any different. Except the 'top physical shape' thing is a bit of a joke. None of those refs look like fine tuned atheletes. But, yes, let's open up and recruit some women refs at lower levels and start there. But, if it is known that you shouldn't bother cuz you won't get in, what other choice is there? Schools and lower levels could certainly enlist that type of help.

You don't "open up and recruit" NFL refs, asswipe.
One must pay his dues (i.e. - COACH A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM), work their way up through D1, qualify, apply and be selected

Yeah, i already addressed it. Apparently you can't read because you are stupid. I thought so. I knew that any thread like this there would be some incapable of a serious real discussion but whatever.

Yeah, i already addressed it. Apparently you can't read because you are stupid. I thought so. I knew that any thread like this there would be some incapable of a serious real discussion but whatever.

Fantastic. Another Liberal sock claiming their mental superiority by labeling others as stupid.
Not a problem.
Please post your college transcripts and then I will post mine and we'll see how "smart" you are.

When we're done with that - we'll head for assets and income.

Go, asswipe.

We're waiting.

Well, that is funny because i am a conservative. But, apparently you are too dumb to even know that. I am not impressed with your huffing and puffing. Big deal. You can call me names all you want to like a little 2 yr old having a tantrum. Sheesh. Grow up.

Well, that is funny because i am a conservative. But, apparently you are too dumb to even know that. I am not impressed with your huffing and puffing. Big deal. You can call me names all you want to like a little 2 yr old having a tantrum. Sheesh. Grow up.

So no transcripts to prove your intelligence, asswipe?

Go ahead - post that GED so we can all be impressed.

How about your last pay-stub/direct deposit?

Idiot.

So no transcripts to prove your intelligence, asswipe?

Go ahead - post that GED so we can all be impressed.

How about your last pay-stub/direct deposit?

Idiot.

Oh, that is hilarious because i know i am more highly educated than you and make more money.

Why aren't there any women refs in the pros like NFL, NBA or whatever? You can't say because it is too physically demanding. Lots of old geezer refs. Why not? As for getting hit, an in shape woman isn't going to be harmed any more than these old duffer refs. And, why no coaches? We see plenty of male coaches in women's sports. Basketball is a big sport for women and yet we haven't seen any breakthroughs in that.
coaches;
Not a lot of women even watch football.
It would be weird to have them in the locker room while your dressing
Ass slaps and chest bumps

Refs;
If it was a conspiracy to keep women out they would have been sued and sued and sued.
but I have seen female refs at games. Keep in mind, there are WAY more players than refs.

Why would there bu such "awkwardness" in the locker room? I had a male coach for my HS basketball team, so somehow that doesn't apply in reverse? Seems to me that there would be MORE awkwardness for a male coach and female team than the other way around if you wish to use that argument.[/QUOTE]

I actually find male coaches of female sports teams a bit odd, as far as locker room situations go, too.

I'm not saying it's anything insurmountable, I'm just saying that, since it's likely that not a single of the professional players has had a female coach in their past, and they are also quite possibly used to a lot of macho, alpha-male discussion and interaction in the locker room (haven't there been a few cases of harassment from the NFL in recent years toward female reporters?), it could be an issue right now. If female coaches start showing up at the high school then college levels before becoming part of the pros, it would probably be an easier transition.

Sorry, the locker room thing is a non issue. They are professionals. Lots of professionals work in close situations with both male and females. If ass slapping is somehow "awkward" cuz the coach is female, then is there some absolute right or need to engage in this?
And, again, i am trying to ask this as a serious question, not pick a fight ( i will save that for other issues). But, are you saying that is some insurmountable idea? Weren't all those same things said in other areas? That men and women can't work together, that women cannot hold positions of power and prominence, etc? Is it just too impossible so it shouldn't even be considered?
And, of course, a women has to establish herself as a coach or ref through years of working at it and training. I am not talking about Affirmative Action for women in pro leauges. I am talking about a women simply having some opportunities to participate.
As for women not liking football or other sports, that is simply untrue. Women love and participate in sports throughout the country. We can't participate in football. However, my nearest city actually does have a pro women's football team now, there are a few of those popping up.
And, yes, women are not as well entrenched in football. But, you cannot make the same argument for basketball. In fact, women are participating and playing basketball everywhere. And, there are women coaching and reffing for that. But, you don't see any real coaching or ref breakthroughs in that sport, why?

I had a female Drill Instructor in the Military, before she was going to enter the barracks we had to have the person working door guard make sure it was clear so she wouldn't see anyone naked.

Why aren't there any women refs in the pros like NFL, NBA or whatever? You can't say because it is too physically demanding. Lots of old geezer refs. Why not? As for getting hit, an in shape woman isn't going to be harmed any more than these old duffer refs. And, why no coaches? We see plenty of male coaches in women's sports. Basketball is a big sport for women and yet we haven't seen any breakthroughs in that.
coaches;
Not a lot of women even watch football.It would be weird to have them in the locker room while your dressing
Ass slaps and chest bumps

Refs;
If it was a conspiracy to keep women out they would have been sued and sued and sued.
but I have seen female refs at games. Keep in mind, there are WAY more players than refs.

I don't know if thats necessarily true, they have a whole womens lingerie football league, some of those women could probably be refs or even coach later down the line.

Forum List

Back