So now it's the scoreboard operator's fault!

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Was just listening to this story on the radio.

Apparently Baltimore is complaining because the scoreboard at Gillette wasn't showing the correct down and that's why their shitty kicker was confused. :lol:

What the fuck was he looking at the scoreboard for anyway?
A great 49ers kicker of the 80's Ray Wershing never looked up the entire time he was on the field for a field goal. He knew where he had to kick it from the hash marks.

He should be like Brady was post-game and just say "I sucked."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but if your kicker is concentrating on the downs listed up on the scoreboard rather than the ball and the goal posts...then he's probably not going make a kick not matter what down it is.

Like he didn't know it was 4th down? If it were 3'rd down the offense would still be on the field trying to win it instead of trying for a tie with a field goal. Duh?

I know, it didn't feel like the Pats deserved to win, but I'll take it! :thup:

I feel terrible for that kicker though, the poor guy...Reminded me of that Jim Carey movie with Dan Marino's kicker. :lol: Laces OUT!

Was just listening to this story on the radio.

Apparently Baltimore is complaining because the scoreboard at Gillette wasn't showing the correct down and that's why their shitty kicker was confused. :lol:

I think Cundiff should start a whine thread here on USMB.

• Banned
They're talking about the confusion on the sidelines, with the kicker not being ready to run out there on 4th down. As it was he had to go running out there and didn't get set to kick until the play clock was down to 5 seconds.

Of course Baltimore did have a time out left... and they don't carry over into OT.

On another topic related to the AFC championship game...

Am I the only person who thinks Pollard was intentionally trying to injure Gronk on that take down?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

He didn't blame the scoreboard, he blamed himself. He just brought up the scoreboard to explain why he wasn't prepared.

The coach deserves the blame for the game anyway. He blew it.

Any NFL kicker worth his salt should be able to roll out of bed and hit a 32yd field goal.

On another topic related to the AFC championship game...

Am I the only person who thinks Pollard was intentionally trying to injure Gronk on that take down?

Pollard is the anti-christ.

The Pats should try to sign him so that he doesn't fuck up any more of their All-Pro lower extremities.

What the fuck was he looking at the scoreboard for anyway?
A great 49ers kicker of the 80's Ray Wershing never looked up the entire time he was on the field for a field goal. He knew where he had to kick it from the hash marks.

He should be like Brady was post-game and just say "I sucked."

The down is on the scoreboard and there was a lot of commotion as to the down. Most of the Ravens were looking at the scoreboard. It was 4th down and the scoreboard read 3rd.
The officials blew it. They also blew the TD call to Smith.
But the Ravens really blew it and it is their fault. They should have called a time out. Their own fault.
And I could have cared less who won.

Patriots-defense-stands-up-to-critics-TLSFMJT-x-large.jpg

Sterling Moore wins the "Dave Roberts Award".

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back