why no Christian shows?

Given the wide variety of sects of the Christian faith in this country, many of which believe in squabbling with each other as to what the Christian faith actually believes and means, I think that it would be difficult, if not impossible, to come up with one script that would satisfy everyone, let alone do it every week. Just within Christianity itself, the faith means so many different things to so many different people and these views can be radically different. Just saying "Christian" is meaningless.

I don't watch much TV now, but many of the shows I did like, Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan, Hill Street Blues, had several representations of religion. Going any further than portraying a character as having a "faith moment" like these shows did would probably just lead to complaints from those who feel that their version of the faith was not adequately represented or was represented but did not come out the "winner."

All of this complaining about Hollywood is a bunch of hooey. It's just a gnashing of teeth. There is a pretty wide selection coming out of it. The Best Picture line-up seemed pretty good. If you want to add to the selection, raise some money (there seems to be plenty out there), get a decent script, a good producer, a good director, and decent actors and go for it.

Really good point. Moreover, things in the bible is interpreted differently by different Christian sects. There will be a riot if a Christian show ever happens.

Watch "Biblically Living" tonight at 8:30 CST on CBS.

I caught the pilot, and it was okay, so I'm gonna check it out again tonight.

I'd like to see new episodes of Davey and Goliath. Goliath is like a slow-witted Lassie who tries to save Davey from various disasters at a snails pace. "I don't know Davey...........that seems like it's going to take a long time to show any progress along the path of getting you to where you need to be before your parents find out and you get in a lot of trouble for doing something that you knew you weren't supposed to do before you did it but you did it anyway and now I have a long face and slow voice to be your slow conscience of why you should listen to ..."

The opening credits are cool.

I'd like to see new episodes of Davey and Goliath. Goliath is like a slow-witted Lassie who tries to save Davey from various disasters at a snails pace. "I don't know Davey...........that seems like it's going to take a long time to show any progress along the path of getting you to where you need to be before your parents find out and you get in a lot of trouble for doing something that you knew you weren't supposed to do before you did it but you did it anyway and now I have a long face and slow voice to be your slow conscience of why you should listen to ..."

Well, if you're looking for a show like that, you should watch Adult Swim's "Moral Orel". My favorite episode from that show is the one about praying.

Well, if you're looking for a show like that, you should watch Adult Swim's "Moral Orel". My favorite episode from that show is the one about praying.

I know the various parodies and they're all funny. But there's nothing like that 1960s morality put forth in claymation.

Forum List

Back