Why Newt should be our next POTUS

Actually, I'm sold on Newt cause he IS the smartest guy in the room...ANY room, bare none!

There is not a single republican politician in this country that has the depth of knowledge on our history and government in either domestic or foreign matters as Newt. That's just a simple fact. It's why his poll numbers climbed during this last month when there were no national debates. When he meets and greats in town hall type settings, the true depth of his intellect really shines and people like it!

Take away Obummer's prompter and Newt would wipe the floor with him in a debate about anything!

Crazy I know...... A man with a political record beyond community rabble rousing.

We've had other presidents that have had a political record and still fucked this country over, your point?

Newt has been bribed, er I mean lobbied, probably more than any other candidate running, but of course we'll never know because every politician lies through their ass about it. Hell. the man has been a lobbyist. Yet you still trust he'll do what's good for the american people and not just what he's being payed off to do?

So what your saying is he is like EVERY OTHER politician. Except of course for his record of success.

Ps. He denies ever being a formal lobbyist. If you have proof to the contrary I would like to see it.

He was present when we had a debatable surplus thanks largely to the dot com bubble, yay success.

Record of success, record of disgrace, record of special interest ties, record of "define lobbyist".

Yup, no different from any other ass clown in washington who's only out for themselves and their benefactors.

We've had other presidents that have had a political record and still fucked this country over, your point?

Newt has been bribed, er I mean lobbied, probably more than any other candidate running, but of course we'll never know because every politician lies through their ass about it. Hell. the man has been a lobbyist. Yet you still trust he'll do what's good for the american people and not just what he's being payed off to do?

So what your saying is he is like EVERY OTHER politician. Except of course for his record of success.

Ps. He denies ever being a formal lobbyist. If you have proof to the contrary I would like to see it.

He was present when we had a debatable surplus thanks largely to the dot com bubble, yay success.

Record of success, record of disgrace, record of special interest ties, record of "define lobbyist".

Yup, no different from any other ass clown in washington who's only out for themselves and their benefactors.

Whom would you like to see sworn in as president in January 2013?

I don't agree with Newt 100% of the time but I agree with a lot which he has to say and he always makes me think.

I'm pretty well sold on him. He would be a great president.

I think it's going to be him and Romney going into the home stretch and I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

You're sold on him because of what he says? You do realize that any politician's number one trait is the ability to lie and spin truth, right?

Gingrich does have a history. We can measure what he says now against that, and when people point out something now which seems at odds with a past position, he is usually pretty good at explaining it. He has a breadth of knowledge unmatched by anyone else running for president in 2012.

The most objectionable thing I recall him saying in the last couple of years was during the Ground Zero Mosque uproar. I was bothered by his opposition to the mosque and especially bothered by how he framed it. But I'm not going to vote for someone like Perry just because of that. And I sure won't vote for Obama just because Newt and I didn't see eye to eye on the Islamic cultural center.

I keep hearing that line, "He's smart", "He's smart", "He's smart". That doesn't mean anything to me. Intelligence and knowledge doesn't mean he'll do what's best for the country.

I have absolutely no reason what-so-ever to believe anyone in washington, they've never given me a reason to. The longer a person has been in politics, the less likely I am to believe any single damn word they say, and Newt has been in politics a long ass time. You may think I'm being too cynical, but seriously, how many times do the american people need to be burned by their candidate of choice before they wake up?

Does anyone here see the progression of where the polls are going? Newt is on top right now...Cain displaced...Mitt pretty much the same...Be careful here the elites may yet win out and get thier choice...McCai---er...uhmm...Romney...

I don't agree with Newt 100% of the time but I agree with a lot which he has to say and he always makes me think.

I think it's going to be him and Romney going into the home stretch and I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

You're sold on him because of what he says? You do realize that any politician's number one trait is the ability to lie and spin truth, right?
Now? Square what you have written here to what Obama has said and done? You enjoy being lied to?

Gingrich does have a history. We can measure what he says now against that, and when people point out something now which seems at odds with a past position, he is usually pretty good at explaining it. He has a breadth of knowledge unmatched by anyone else running for president in 2012.

The most objectionable thing I recall him saying in the last couple of years was during the Ground Zero Mosque uproar. I was bothered by his opposition to the mosque and especially bothered by how he framed it. But I'm not going to vote for someone like Perry just because of that. And I sure won't vote for Obama just because Newt and I didn't see eye to eye on the Islamic cultural center.

I keep hearing that line, "He's smart", "He's smart", "He's smart". That doesn't mean anything to me. Intelligence and knowledge doesn't mean he'll do what's best for the country.

I have absolutely no reason what-so-ever to believe anyone in washington, they've never given me a reason to. The longer a person has been in politics, the less likely I am to believe any single damn word they say, and Newt has been in politics a long ass time. You may think I'm being too cynical, but seriously, how many times do the american people need to be burned by their candidate of choice before they wake up?

So whom do you want in the Oval Office in 2013?

As the system stands, no one. No matter who is sworn in the country will not change course. It would take a mass epiphany by the american people to change the country's course. But, the american people are too busy worrying about partisan politics to care.

Now? Square what you have written here to what Obama has said and done? You enjoy being lied to?

You say that as if I voted for Obama, lame assumption. I saw his hope and change bullshit for what it was the second he said it. He especially lost all hope of my vote when he threw his own Grandmother under the bus.

Intellectual idiot - The Portland Freelancer: Newt Gingrich: An Intellectual Idiot

Serial adulterer - even while impeaching President Clinton - see below

Vietnam draft evader - graduate school deferment (Some deferment - Vietnam War lasted 11 years) - Draft Deferment: Vietnam

Congressional disgrace - Only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violations - Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

High Infidelity

By Steve Benen

But the most notorious of them all is undoubtedly Gingrich, who ran for Congress in 1978 on the slogan, "Let Our Family Represent Your Family." (He was reportedly cheating on his first wife at the time). In 1995, an alleged mistress from that period, Anne Manning, told Vanity Fair's Gail Sheehy: "We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'" Gingrich obtained his first divorce in 1981, after forcing his wife, who had helped put him through graduate school, to haggle over the terms while in the hospital, as she recovered from uterine cancer surgery. In 1999, he was disgraced again, having been caught in an affair with a 33-year-old congressional aide while spearheading the impeachment proceedings against President Clinton.

"High Infidelity" by Steve Benen

Newt Gingrich’s Second Wife Dishes Hard To Esquire: His Money Woes, His Philandering, His Meltdown | TPMMuckraker

Newt Gingrich - SERIAL ADULTERER - SEX ADDICT - Democratic Underground

newt-tongue-911.jpg

Newt "Family Values / Rain Man" Gingrich

You say that as if I voted for Obama, lame assumption. I saw his hope and change bullshit for what it was the second he said it. He especially lost all hope of my vote when he threw his own Grandmother under the bus.
In this light? I lay my Mea Culpa and apologize.

As the system stands, no one. No matter who is sworn in the country will not change course. It would take a mass epiphany by the american people to change the country's course. But, the american people are too busy worrying about partisan politics to care.

That's the impression I got as I glanced through your past posts.

"None of the above" is an easy choice. Someone will be chosen. So back to my original point. I don't agree with Newt on everything but I agree with him on enough to make me think he would be a good president.

I love how they keep coming at Romney from the right and thinking they are going to better him. Yeah...Bachman tried it. Failed. Trump tried it. Failed. Perry tried it and failed. Cain has failed. And Newt with his many foibles is going to succeed? Likely not. But you never know. Newt's been all over the map on every issue which is apparently endearing to the Conservatives unless you're also pragmatic at the same time. Then you're a RINO.

Flavor of the month; nothing to see there.

so it's ok for him to be an "informal" lobbyist?

i'm not big on hypocrites who go after a president for having an affair while having an affair of their own. and i think someone who serves his wife divorce papers in her hospital bed after she's had a mastectomy is morally bankrupt.

Sorry to break it to ya hun but morality doesn't pay the bills. Clinton was as morally bankrupt as they come but he was a damn good politician.

Screw the sex stories. He is nearly 70, hardly a threat to todays women. He is however a threat to todays liberals.
And thus goalposts are moved, scruples are ignored, rationalizations are made and hypocrisy marches on!

I like Newt. Always have.

Is he perfect? Hell no.

Does he has the ability to do the job?? Hell Yes.

He is the smartest guy in the room. Bar none. He can work across the aisle with the Dems as he has proved int he past.

If he got the nom I would have no problem voting for him.

I would dearly love to see him debate Barry Boy. Yes I would.

My moneys on Newt.

Newt will run on his record any day of the week in comparison to Barry and Barry's record of Malaise, stifling inflation, record unemployment, government intrusion and take over of industry, regulation.

NEWT 2012

so it's ok for him to be an "informal" lobbyist?

i'm not big on hypocrites who go after a president for having an affair while having an affair of their own. and i think someone who serves his wife divorce papers in her hospital bed after she's had a mastectomy is morally bankrupt.

Sorry to break it to ya hun but morality doesn't pay the bills. Clinton was as morally bankrupt as they come but he was a damn good politician.

Screw the sex stories. He is nearly 70, hardly a threat to todays women. He is however a threat to todays liberals.
And thus goalposts are moved, scruples are ignored, rationalizations are made and hypocrisy marches on!

Where is my hypocrisy? Do you really believe someones personal sex life from 20 or 30 years ago has anything to do with his capability to solve todays problems? Hell Clinton proved it can happen while your in the Whitehouse with little effect to your ability to govern. Now were he doing it currently or unrepentent about it I would have an issue. Fact is he was unhappy then and mistakes were made. Now his marriage from all appearances is very happy and healthy.

I divorced my first wife many years ago after a troubled 16 year marriage yet I continued to successfully run and continue to run my business.

Last edited:
Serial adulterer - even while impeaching President Clinton - see below

Vietnam draft evader - graduate school deferment (Some deferment - Vietnam War lasted 11 years)

Congressional disgrace - Only Speaker of the House to have been disciplined for ethics violation
LMAOff!!!!!

Yep, if your gonna repeat the lies...repeat the most foolish.

I won't even justify some hit piece by a left wing blogger with a response, but I will say this about the rest of that nonsense. You need to do a little fact checking!

Newt's own daughters said in public interviews which are EASY to find if the facts don't scare ya, or in a book you can buy, that THEIR MOTHER asked Newt for a divorce BEFORE she went to the hospital or even knew she was going to go. Newt didn't want a divorce, but honored her wishes. Just more BS by the BS machine.

As to his being a draft dodger....typical liberal clap trap. You'll remember what happened to Dan Rather when he tried this BS on Bush...right? How about looking at the time line before you buy the BS that's being shoveled. New was born in 1943. He was already 23 years old when the first combat troops were deployed in '66 and the draft started in earnest.

Besides that, there was Newt's draft status classification. Newt was 4-F. That means he was physically unfit for duty for those who are to young to remember those days or are too lazy to check things out for themselves. Flat feet and bad eyes kept you OUT of the military until they got desperate in the late 60's. Another part of that truth is that Newt was already in his late 20's by that point, with a college degree, a job and 2 kids by the time they would have taken a flat footed nearsighted guy. Newt didn't have to dodge the draft, life dodged it for him!

As to the ethics crap...THAT is exactly what that was. His ONLY mistake was not fighting it!

Newt broke NO law. He committed NO ethics violation. And the ONLY thing that the witch hunt the democrats went on produced was that he "should have know" that what he was accused of was a violation of REPUBLICAN HOUSE RULES!

Not that he broke those or any other rules or laws, just that he should have know that to do as he was ACCUSED of doing was a violation of his party's rules.

BOGUS...by ANY measure...bogus!

Newt took one up the...Newt took one for the home team to end the controversy so republicans could get back to work and the democrats would shut up. PERIOD!

This crap is just one more example of the ONLY lesson that democrats learned from Vietnam. If you tell the lie loud enough, for long enough...it will be accepted as truth by the useful idiots!

Forum List

Back