Why Mitt Romney won't talk about how he "saved" the Olympics

R

rdean

Anything that had a legal or contractual requirement to be confidential … they were just destroyed," Bullock said.

Asked about Romney's personal papers, such as correspondence, emails, and appointment calendars, Bullock said he did not think it was likely they were saved.

Mitt Romney Olympic Archive Still Off-Limits - ABC News

“Romney and the Salt Lake Organizing Committee had no legal obligation to preserve their records or make them public, even though the state paid $59 million, and the federal government spent $342 million on the Games and contributed roughly $1 billion more in indirect aid for transportation projects and other capital improvements in the Salt Lake region.

2002 SLC Olympics: key records destroyed including all of Romney's records

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpfeAIRYYHk]Romney - Several hundred million $ from govt. for Olympics - YouTube[/ame]

-----------------------------------------------

For Republicans, it's "every man for himself". Get as much as you can no matter who you screw over or how you get it.

When I was a kid, if you "invested" a billion and got back a measly hundred million, it wasn't a wild success, it was a "bankruptcy".

How many of Mitt's "Salt Lake Friends" own all those taxpayer funded venues? And this is the guy Republicans swear will turn around the economy? Really?

straight from the pages of 'Who Gives A Fuck' magazine.

dumb ass.

You must have missed this...
http://http://www.c-span.org/Campaign2012/Events/C-SPAN-Looks-at-Mitt-Romney-2002-Salt-Lake-City-Olympics/10737432568/

A very positive program on Romney and the 2002 olympics.

Mitt Romney’s Salt Lake Olympics feat looks smaller in his second campaign - The Washington Post
That changes today, though, with the pro-Romney super PAC Restore Our Future launching a $7.2 million ad campaign featuring former Olympian Kristi Yamaguchi singing Romney’s praises.

“Mitt Romney brought a huge sense of hope,” Yamaguchi says in an ad featuring other Olympians and talking about the Salt Lake City turnaround.

I just posted video of Mitt in his own words. Touchy, touchy.

If the government gave me a billion dollars, there are LOTS of things I could "fix". But how much of that was me and how much the billion dollars in taxpayer money? Oops.

If the government gave me a billion dollars, there are LOTS of things I could "fix". But how much of that was me and how much the billion dollars in taxpayer money? Oops.

Exactly , the taxpayer saved the romney Olympics

Odd. Obama's campaign contributors, like, I don't know, Solyndra, got lots of government money and couldnt fix a damn thing other than their bank accounts long enough to cash out and donate more money to Obama.

Rdean maybe you can tell me. Why do liberals post stupid threads on stuff noone cares about, yet get their asses kicked in them all the time? Are you a masochist?

Mitt Romney's Big, Gay Olympics

Mitt Romney has received plenty of plaudits for his takeover of the 2002 Winter Olympics, after the Salt Lake Organizing Committee (SLOC) became mired in a major bribery scandal. But there's one accomplishment from his time in Salt Lake City that has been largely omitted from the oft-told narrative of his Olympic effort: Romney's success in making the 2002 Winter Olympics one of the most gay-friendly games in Olympic history.

More: Mitt Romney's Big, Gay Olympics | Mother Jones

Mitt Romney has received plenty of plaudits for his takeover of the 2002 Winter Olympics, after the Salt Lake Organizing Committee (SLOC) became mired in a major bribery scandal. But there's one accomplishment from his time in Salt Lake City that has been largely omitted from the oft-told narrative of his Olympic effort: Romney's success in making the 2002 Winter Olympics one of the most gay-friendly games in Olympic history.

Yeah there's a source...

Romney's Trip Has Been So Successful Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Endorsed Obama - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Lakhota can I see a photo of you, I bet you make all the stereotypes come true...

Anything that had a legal or contractual requirement to be confidential … they were just destroyed," Bullock said.
Asked about Romney's personal papers, such as correspondence, emails, and appointment calendars, Bullock said he did not think it was likely they were saved.
Mitt Romney Olympic Archive Still Off-Limits - ABC News

“Romney and the Salt Lake Organizing Committee had no legal obligation to preserve their records or make them public, even though the state paid $59 million, and the federal government spent $342 million on the Games and contributed roughly $1 billion more in indirect aid for transportation projects and other capital improvements in the Salt Lake region.
2002 SLC Olympics: key records destroyed including all of Romney's records

-----------------------------------------------
For Republicans, it's "every man for himself". Get as much as you can no matter who you screw over or how you get it.
When I was a kid, if you "invested" a billion and got back a measly hundred million, it wasn't a wild success, it was a "bankruptcy".
How many of Mitt's "Salt Lake Friends" own all those taxpayer funded venues? And this is the guy Republicans swear will turn around the economy? Really?

From your link :

"Mitt Romney resigned from SLOC [the Salt Lake Organizing Committee] in early 2002 to run for governor of Massachusetts and was not involved in the decision-making regarding the final disposition of records," said Andrea Saul, a Romney spokesperson, in response to questions.

University of Utah officials, however, said they have never made decisions about the Olympic papers with politics in mind. And in fact, Rogers said, they have dedicated additional staff to try and organize the documents more quickly, so they can be released to the public well before the 2012 election.

Fraser Bullock, a close friend of Romney's who oversaw the process of winding down the Games, said the fact that it has taken a decade to sort the papers is the fault of the university. "It has nothing to do with Mitt."
How in the heck do they know what they have until they are finished sorting and cataloging the docs?

Would you rather have had the 2002 Olympics fail and leave millions of people without jobs?

AWESOME! Now you can't call Romney a bigot anymore...

Oh goody...another "Let's criticize Romney" thread. On the bright side, it's not another "Bain" thread.

Forum List

Back