Why McCain's connection to Charles Keating is troubling

And I'm convinced you aren't really going to make the money you say you are. $50k best is what you'll make. Maybe $80k, but that's it. I'm calling you a liar.
I think you're more of a dude who's parents have money so you're suckered into thinking you are gop because of that. You want the death tax abolished so more of the tax burden falls on us.

You didn't earn that money. You were born into it. And maybe we could talk if reagan, bush 1 & 2 didn't spent $2 trillion.
uh, where have i ever claimed how much money i make?
this is why you are such a fucking moron, you totally make shit up on the fly
prove what you have said or shut the fuck up

Lmao...I don't believe you make a million dollars, I believe you really make $6.50 at the local laundrymat.....Bobo is a waste bandwidth

More spam from Kirky....yawn...
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Senator McCain has violated no law of the United States or specific Rule of the United States Senate."[48]

Obama hasn't violated any laws either. And yet...

McCain was palling around with the guy who fucked over all those old folks and took their savings in the 80's. You want to play the guilt by association game? Have at it.

I have the feeling that the Obama folks were just waiting for this moment. I'm looking forward to having a tough liberal kick some ass in the national arena.

but he is failing

Umm, really?

Considering hes not really unveiling it until Monday at noon, I'd say thats a bit premature to say that he is "failing".

Of course why wait for facts when you can prejudge based on your party affiliation, eh?

Umm, really?

Considering hes not really unveiling it until Monday at noon, I'd say thats a bit premature to say that he is "failing".

Of course why wait for facts when you can prejudge based on your party affiliation, eh?
uh, i was talking about kirk/chris
LOL

Hes failing in bringing it up?

Really? So we aren't talking about Keating 5 right now?

hmm. If you say so.
well, i dont know what you are talking about, but i'm laughing at kirk'chris pathetic attempt to deflect from Obama's ties to a KNOWN and self admitted terrorist, one that said he wished he had done more

Hes failing in bringing it up?

Really? So we aren't talking about Keating 5 right now?

hmm. If you say so.

He's got owned on each and everyone of his posts...Besides we all know what he is doing, distracting from the racist comments made Obama....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiPak85p5sg]YouTube - Barack Obama - Dreams from my Father[/ame]

well, i dont know what you are talking about, but i'm laughing at kirk'chris pathetic attempt to deflect from Obama's ties to a KNOWN and self admitted terrorist, one that said he wished he had done more

Hmm. I wonder whats the bigger issue in the media today. homegrown radicals from the '60's, or economic crisis brought on by the failure of banks.

I wonder which one will resonate more with voters.

In 1982, during McCain's first run for the House, Keating held a fund-raiser for him, collecting more than $11,000 from 40 employees of American Continental Corp. McCain would spend more than $550,000 to win the primary and the general election.

In 1983, as McCain contemplated his House re-election, Keating hosted a $1,000-a-plate dinner for him, even though McCain had no serious competition. When McCain pushed for the Senate in 1986, Keating was there with more than $50,000.

By 1987, McCain had received about $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.

McCain also had carried a little water for Keating in Washington. While in the House, McCain, along with a majority of representatives, co-sponsored a resolution to delay new regulations designed to curb risky investments by thrifts such as Lincoln.

Reluctant participant

Despite his history with Keating, McCain was hesitant about intervening. At that point, he had been in the Senate only three months. DeConcini wanted McCain to fly to San Francisco with him and talk to the regulators. McCain refused.

"McCain's a wimp," Keating replied, according to the book Trust Me, by Michael Binstein and Charles Bowden. "We'll go talk to him."

One of our jobs as elected officials is to help constituents in a proper fashion," McCain said. "ACC (American Continental Corp.) is a big employer and important to the local economy. I wouldn't want any special favors for them. . . .

"I don't want any part of our conversation to be improper."

On Oct. 8, 1989, The Arizona Republic revealed that McCain's wife and her father had invested $359,100 in a Keating shopping center in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators.

"You're a liar," McCain said when a Republic reporter asked him about the business relationship between his wife and Keating.

"That's the spouse's involvement, you idiot," McCain said later in the same conversation. "You do understand English, don't you?"

Robert Bennett, who would later represent President Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones case, was the special counsel for the committee. In his opening remarks, he slammed DeConcini but went lightly on McCain, the lone Republican ensnared with four Democrats.

"In the case of Senator McCain, there is very substantial evidence that he thought he had an understanding with Senator DeConcini's office that certain matters would not be gone into at the meeting with (bank board) Chairman (Ed) Gray," Bennett said.

"Moreover, there is substantial evidence that, as a result of Senator McCain's refusal to do certain things, he had a fallout with Mr. Keating."

McCain Profile: The Keating Five

I will let you all read the rest and make up your own minds about this, however, this is from azcentral and is a local source here in Arizona. This story is well known here, and Charles Keating in the 80's and 70's was a very very powerful person here. Rather than getting the filtered version though this one pretty much ecplains the whole story.

Hmm. I wonder whats the bigger issue in the media today. homegrown radicals from the '60's, or economic crisis brought on by the failure of banks.

I wonder which one will resonate more with voters.
since this one can be handled so easily, i doubt it will have any staying power with anyone but obamabots

I'm pretty sure it was you that said the line of work you are in or going into would net you $250K, and I just don't believe you. Up all hours of the night spewing nonsense. YOu aren't smart enough.

But if now you admit you make less than $80k, I'll forgive you you little bitch. :lol:

since this one can be handled so easily, i doubt it will have any staying power with anyone but obamabots

Really? Then why hasn't it been handled already?

They aren't alleging that McCain committed a crime, they are alleging guilt by association, which should resonate with you right-wingers since you so eagerly embraced it when it comes to Obama.

I love that Obama has decided to play the politics he said he would never play. So much for change, he's just another Washington insider.

Frankly, this is irrelevant and old news.

But once again, McCain is demonstrating his tactical cluelessness. This is coming up now because they've decided to go after Obama and that dumbass professor.

Its a remarkably stupid thing to bring up your connection to the last great banking collapse when we're watching the next, bigger one play out right before our eyes.

I love that Obama has decided to play the politics he said he would never play. So much for change, he's just another Washington insider.

Didn't McCain say he wouldn't play dirty as well?

Obama is just fighting fire with fire.

Frankly, this is irrelevant and old news.

But once again, McCain is demonstrating his tactical cluelessness. This is coming up now because they've decided to go after Obama and that dumbass professor.

Its a remarkably stupid thing to bring up your connection to the last great banking collapse when we're watching the next, bigger one play out right before our eyes.

I agree. Except that I'm thrilled that McCain brought up Ayers and gave Obama an excuse to go after Keating 5.

Forum List

Back