Released POW was 'ashamed to be an American.

Agreed.

Our government today is more afraid of patriotic Americans, than it is of Islamic terrorists. They are arming many departments of the executive branch, as if ready for war. The attorney general regularly makes statements about home grown terrorists...not doubt he is referring to anyone in a Tea Party or anyone who is anti-government.

One of BO's campaign promises was to arm an home army...

It appears this is one campaign promise he has honored.

The deal is we Americans must come together and work to eliminate the two parties and drastically reduce the size and power of the Fed Gov. But sadly many Americans are deceived by the two parties and argue over nonsense. It happens every day on this forum.

There is actually a bigger problem than merely the "federal government". The fed, for years, has been used almost as a clearing house for inner city folks to get off welfare and assistance. Those folks have been "civil servants" for years. Problem? They belong to one of the largest unions in the US . They aren't going anywhere. Look at the VA. That should tell you all you need to know.
Too bad they didn't listen to FDR when even HE warned NOT to unionize Federal workers...

Indeed FDR DID warn against unionizing the federal workforce. And he was correct. Getting rid of dead weight is now next to impossible and, unless a radical approach is taken, we will never rid ourselves of these worthless bureaucrats.

I couldn't agree more. The federal government is a monster that eventually will devour everything that is left of "traditional" America. I honestly do not know if there is, at this point, anything to salvage. I don't trust ANY politician from either party, but in reality, I haven't trusted either party for years and became an Independent in the early 80s.

I see a government that watches it's people as much, if not more, than our enemies. I see a government that has more "private" Armies than any other country on the planet. I see a government that has a tax collection agency with more weapons, ammunition and "security personnel" than nearly all civilian police forces within the US. I see the DOD giving heavily armed vehicles (MRAP) to local police agencies for "crowd" control. And to what end? Do they see what is coming from WITHIN the United States? I see local governments equipping their police departments as well as any Army unit currently deployed in combat theaters. I see a federal government that looks at it's people as a "problem" rather than a "solution". And finally, I see a citizenry, so divided, that at any point, a Dictator (not unlike our current poseur) if so led, could turn this country into Nazi Germany on a whim.

I truly believe that this country is in deep trouble and the coming 10 years will tell the tale or perhaps seal our fate. I would LOVE to believe that we can somehow plow our collective way out of this 17 trillion dollar mess we're in - with debt to our sworn enemies - but frankly, like you, I just don't see it happening.

Agreed.

Our government today is more afraid of patriotic Americans, than it is of Islamic terrorists. They are arming many departments of the executive branch, as if ready for war. The attorney general regularly makes statements about home grown terrorists...not doubt he is referring to anyone in a Tea Party or anyone who is anti-government.

One of BO's campaign promises was to arm an home army...
We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. - Big Ears

It appears this is one campaign promise he has honored.

The deal is we Americans must come together and work to eliminate the two parties and drastically reduce the size and power of the Fed Gov. But sadly many Americans are deceived by the two parties and argue over nonsense. It happens every day on this forum.

There is actually a bigger problem than merely the "federal government". The fed, for years, has been used almost as a clearing house for inner city folks to get off welfare and assistance. Those folks have been "civil servants" for years. Problem? They belong to one of the largest unions in the US . They aren't going anywhere. Look at the VA. That should tell you all you need to know.

Agreed. The Fed Res is a major cause of numerous problems. I know it is not part of the Fed Gov, but it might as well be, since everything it does is to promote the state

And yes, public unions are a major problem.

Too bad they didn't listen to FDR when even HE warned NOT to unionize Federal workers...

Indeed FDR DID warn against unionizing the federal workforce. And he was correct. Getting rid of dead weight is now next to impossible and, unless a radical approach is taken, we will never rid ourselves of these worthless bureaucrats.

"Worthless bureaucrats"?

If these parasites were merely "worthless" I'd be happy. While some federal workers actually do a job that needs to be done, there are some assholes who are getting overblown welfare checks in order to interfere with productive people.

Imagine if you were tasked by the feds to solve a problem, and given budget of millions or even billions of dollars.

Would you be compelled to solve that problem as quickly as possible?

Or perhaps drag it out so as to either advance your career or enrich yourself?

What was the last problem solved by government?

Yeah, I thought so.

Something is obviously suspicious about this, but then again this is the Obama administration.

He has shown clear disdain for America. There is still mystery as to how he was captured. Now, he was exchanged for terrorists.

Of course, like the administration has said, they do not care how he was captured.

Bergdahl was "ashamed to be an American"? Well, so is Obama and his miserable and disgusting wife. So no wonder it was high on Obama's list to bring this man back to America (the more people he can have in America who hate America, the better his chance of bringing down this country).

AS I've posted in other threads, I was at Kandahar AFB at the time.

The whole theater was focused on this asshole.

The stories varied quite a bit, but the main consistency, and the one that prevails is that this dipshit willingly left his secure area.

He's only a hero as much as any other self absorbed social fuckup like bradly manning.

The absolute garbage that libtards glorify is beyond comprehension.

tumblr_me5cob3yHz1ririjeo1_500.png

The whole theater was focused on this asshole.

yes documents suggest that

Forum List

Back