Affirmative Action President?

Sharonak

Rookie
Oct 5, 2008
I am foreigner from Africa observing the political activities in the USA from an objective distance. The one thing that has never come up is that not one American voice is concerned about the fact that if Obama becomes President then their country will be led by somebody who has ascended to the highest office in the land as a consequence of the actively pursued American policy of affirmative action. Since affirmative action is, I assume from watching and following US politics, alive and well in America, it necessarily follows that Obama was fast tracked through Columbia, Harvard, The Harvard Review, The Illinois Legislature and the US Senate, and now a Presidential nominee as an affirmative action candidate. At every opportunity I have asked this question of Americans and have not yet been able to get a coherent reply. I have therefore decided to tap this site in the hope that one of your correspondents may have the answer.

Last edited:
I am foreigner from Africa observing the political activities in the USA from an objective distance. The one thing that has never come up is that not one American voice is concerned about the fact that if Obama becomes President then their country will be led by somebody who has ascended to the highest office in the land as a consequence of the actively pursued American policy of affirmative action. Since affirmative action is, I assume from watching and following US politics, alive and well in America, it necessarily follows that Obama was fast tracked through Columbia, Harvard, The Harvard Review, The Illinois Legislature and the US Senate, and now a Presidential nominee as an affirmative action candidate. At every opportunity I have asked this question of Americans and have not yet been able to get a coherent reply. I have therefore decided to tap this site in the hope that one of your correspondents may have the answer.

What's the question?

Affirmative Action does not "fast track" anyone. And unless you have evidence showing that Obama likely would not have gotten into Columbia, Harvard, or the HLR without affirmative action, your claim that he is an "affirmative action candidate" is baseless. Further there is no affirmative action for elected government officials.

Good question. There is no doubt that Obama would not be where he is today if he was 100% white.

So many have answered basically saying that as a 'black' man he has got where he has got outside of affirmative action i.e. on merit. It is encouraging to find out that affirmative action in the US does not apply to Black people who advance through merit as suggested. My question then is if affirmative action does not apply to Black people who can achieve through merit then to whom does it apply? Perhaps I could get as many answers as before?

In the United States, racism or perceived racism is taken very seriously. One of the worst things that can happen to a white person is for someone to call them a racist. If a white politician or a white person in the media is considered a racist, their career will be over. That is why no one is talking about it. Now, of course, the opposite is not true. If you are black, you can be racist all you want. For example, Obama is borderline racist and spent 20 years in a racist church, yet he is given a pass on this. It is unacceptable under any circumstance for a white person to call a black person racist. It just can't happen.

Now do you see how it works in America? You've got Affirmate Action, which gives preferential treatment to someone based on the color of their skin - the very definition of racism - that is not only accepted in America, but is enforced by the State.

This is how Obama was able to make it so far in such a short period of time.

Nonsense.

Fast tracked through those schools?

That I rather doubt.

Obama is an authentic genuis, ya know.

And how does one get fast tracked though an election?

Do you think that he was given extra votes just because he was Black?

Affirmative Action, a policy I have my complaints about, too, just doesn't work in the way you seem to think it does.

It's a flawed policy, but not nearly so flawed as you seem to imagine it is.

Now NEPOTISM, like got Bush II in office? Now that IS a real problem in this nation.

One hell of a lot more unqualified kids get into our best schools because of family connections (legacy students) than get in because they're Black, believe me.

Last edited:

do you know the Nigerian oil minister's wife?

I've been trying to get in touch with her regarding a financial transaction; i was trying to help her get some money out of the country, but i haven't heard back from her since i gave her all my banking info.

if you do see her,would you be a love and ask her to give me a call?

thanks.

You are exactly right but people are to afraid to admit it. Political Correctness is killing this country... Bottom line, like it's been said before... If Obama was a white junior senator going up against Hillary it would have been a landslide victory for Hillary...

By the way the only person that brings up race in the Presidential race is Obama so before you call me a racist maybe you should look at your own candidate first.

The only people getting special treatment are the guys like Bush who's daddy paved his way and McCain who's grandfather and father helped him get to where he is.

Along with Keating of course.

These are good old boys. They aren't the best and the brightests. They are privilaged spoiled kids who got everything handed to them.

Obama is clearly a smart man. McCain is clearly not smart.

The guy who started this thread is not a black african. NO fucking way.

Forum List

Back