Why Liberals Want To Ban The AR-15

Suitable is objective Shooter
It is.
That's why I asked:
Aside from hunting birds on the wing, can you demonstrate that an AR is not suitable for use in any of the innumerable traditionally legal useful for a firearm?
Well?
target practice comes to mind
Oh yeah?
Please - demonstrate that an AR is unsuitable for "target practice".

You've not heard the term 'one shot, one kill' Shooter

~S~
----------------------------------- that one shot one kill ability and attempt is a personal decision and way of doing things Sparky .

------------------------------------------ don't need an excuse or a reason for owning an AR or AK . . Cash is all that is needed Sparky .

You mean like El Paso? There were tons of guns there. Comon, it's Texas for crying out loud. They were too busy ducking and covering to pull their weapons. But it took the cops less than a minute to bring him down. Had it been allowed to go for a couple of minutes, the choice of weapon would have been devastating. Or if he had continued to fire even after contested. Having sillyvillians with guns doesn't make it better. Remember the one where the good guy was shot by the cop? The cop gets there after it's started and only sees a person with a gun.

Yes, there are videos out there that tells you what to do but gimme' a break. Humans aren't wired that way. Training is to get us to do something we normally won't do in real life.

What did he do that he could not have done with a few semi-automatic pistols?

More of the dog and pony act. I would have to have a whole bunch of handguns on ropes hung around my neck to come up with the firepower of just one AR. It would be a bitch just to get through the doors or run or walk fast or ......... You wouldn't reload the handgun, you would drop it and grab the next one in order to stay with the reload speed of the AR. And the number of rounds in a 18 shot handgun versus 4 or 5 AR 30 round Mags means that you will need how many handguns? I'll let you do the math on this one. You brought the wrong tool bag.

For starters, the El Paso shooter didn't use an AR. He used a semi-automatic AK-47(WASR-10) so we are already talking about banning something other than AR-15's. Secondly, how do you know how many rounds were fired? 22 people died and 24 were injured. Some of those may have been hit more than once and he likely missed some, so let's say he shot 75-76 rounds total. He would have had to reload twice if that is the case with a 30 round magazine. There are plenty of pistols with 19 round magazines. He would have only had to reload it 3 times. Not sure how that is such a huge difference. Throwing in another fully loaded magazine takes mere seconds. Not sure why you think it is quicker to reload an AR or AK than a pistol. It isn't. Ejecting and inserting a magazine from a pistol and an AR/AK involves the same process. The AK/AR is more powerful as the bullet is going at a much higher velocity, however, getting shot with a .45ACP at close range will leave quite a mark/hole.

Think about what you just posted. The AK, like the AR is designed for one thing and one thing only. To kill as many people as possible with as little training as possible while under heavy fire. Again, there is nothing left to an AR other than function. And he did this in a matter of seconds. That means he changed out his mags at least 3 times in a matter of seconds before the cops brought him down. The difference here is, the projectile from both the AK and AR pass through at least 2 or 3 people before it comes to a stop. In order to do a kill rate of 22 and an injury rate of 24, he did not have to hit 46 direct hits.

Your example of the 45 is a poor one. The 45ACP makes a larger hole but the penetration is lower because the speed is lower by more than a third. The 45 operates on a shock value and does it well. It's still one of the best large framed Personal and Home Defense Weapons out there because if it hits anywhere, the shock value is high. But the death rate is quite low. I don't know where I heard it but I believe it was from the Denver Police Chief when he asked why they were going away from the 45s. He said it was easier to train on a 9mm or 40SW than the 45. But the 9mm, you had to make more holes to get the same affect. And with the 45, you only had to plug one hole. Chances are, the 45ACP would not leave an exit wound so only one hole would have to be plugged. The death rate would be lower than either the AR or the AK.

I happen to be a big fan of the Colt 1911A1. (yes, Dorathy, I am a failure as a gun grabber). I know the strong points and the limitations of it. I also am a retired Military Member and have a pretty good idea on the strong points and the limitations of the 556 (or it's slightly weaker cousin, the 223). And I have spent time on the AK as well both semi auto and full auto and have a pretty good idea on it's strong points and weaknesses. And believe it or not, in the Walmart shooting, the AK is superior to even the AR. And you don't understand why.

Ok...so he could have used a 9MM. Who cares.

I fully understand the differences between the AK and the AR. I have an AR-15 and and AK variant. I shoot steel 7.621x39 with my AK. It is a heavier load and better at short range. A true AK is generally more reliable, though both are very good. The AR/M16 is easier to stay on target due to quite a bit less muzzle rise than the AK when firing multiplle shots. If my life depended on it and I could only have one for every circumstance, I believe I would choose the AR due to its long range accuracy and less recoil. For plinking in the backyard, I enjoy shooting the AK. It is cheaper to shoot with steel ammo and I am just about as accurate at 100-150 yards.

As for their design and use, all guns are meant to kill things Some are more efficient than others depending on the circumstances. For personal protection and if everything ever goes off the rails in the US, I would prefer to have the most efficient weapon possible given every situation. It may require pistols or rifles or a combination of both. The problem is not guns, it is crazy people.

I fully agree with what you said. Bring the right tool to do the job.

I typically do around 1 MOA with my most of my AR-15s if I use decent ammo. As a Range Officer I see a lot of hunters that can't zero their trusty bolt action hunting rifles to 1 MOA.

It is not because of accuracy that I own ARs. It is that I like them.

If you don't want one then fine. However, shut the fuck up about me owning them.

so libs want to ban an AR-15

can the gun nuts here tell me why anyone would need one?

~S~
Shall not be infringed end of fucking story.

The right to be a lousy shot....

~S~
I don't miss and got the Expert badges to prove it.

You have to admit that a Military Sniper is the best. Even he has a miss once in awhile while going for the kill shot. His average is about a 1.2 when doing his job. That means he occasionally misses and does a follow up shot. "I never Miss" only belongs in the movies.

***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.
Actually, there is a long list of "assault weapons" the left wants to ban, the AR-15 being only one of them on that long list.

And the Courts have ruled that the term "Assault Rifle" has no legal meaning. The only meanings that stand are the clear and concise terms that spell out exactly what gun they are referring to. As it stands now, the ONLY weapons that have been either heavily regulated or outright banned has been the "AR-15, AK-47 and their various clones". You can say others are saying something all you wish but you are just lying out your ass.

If all you have is an AR then that's what you have to use. But a handgun would have done the same job much safte to the shooter and the neighborhood.

I posted articles that show a 15yr old by protecting himself and his 12 yr old sister and another were a pregnant women used an AR-15. You asked for practical purpose I gave some now your dodging with asinine responses.

~S~

~S~

You have to admit that a Military Sniper is the best. Even he has a miss once in awhile while going for the kill shot. His average is about a 1.2 when doing his job. That means he occasionally misses and does a follow up shot. "I never Miss" only belongs in the movies.
Well there was that one time were I scored 39 out of 40 at the range.

~S~

So you believe you should be able to have a mini gun mounted on your Pickup Truck then? Or how about a 20mm Anti Aircraft Gun?
That tired old argument fucking argument "so you believe you should be able to have a (insert ridiculous weapons platform here.)"

~S~

~S~

Well there was that one time were I scored 39 out of 40 at the range.

They you weren't perfect. And in the RW, neither is even the best sniper. But I have to agree with on person. Being a poor shot is not a good reason to own an AR.

~S~

So you believe you should be able to have a mini gun mounted on your Pickup Truck then? Or how about a 20mm Anti Aircraft Gun?
That tired old argument fucking argument "so you believe you should be able to have a insert ridiculous weapons platform here."

Just as ridiculous as your statement. The line has to be drawn. The question is, where does it get drawn.

don't need an excuse or a reason

that's because neither exists

~S~
There’s nothing more idiotic than attempting to ‘justify’ owning an AR where no such ‘justification’ exists.

Seeking to ‘ban’ AR 15s and rifles/carbines designated as ‘assault weapons’ is simply bad law – such measures are utterly ineffective, they’re an example of government excess and overreach, and such ‘bans’ are likely un-Constitutional.

But idiots continue to focus solely on ‘justifying’ owning an AR 15.

***\\\This Is My Opinion///***

I believe Liberals want to ban the AR-15 for two reasons...

1. The AR-15 is scary looking, it's that simple. The AR-15 is scary looking and it's easy to get people to think the AR-15 is bad because of the way it looks.

2. Here's the main reason why Liberals want to ban the AR-15. If Liberals are successful, they can then point to other guns as more powerful and say "We banned the AR-15 so we should ban all of these other weapons because they are more powerful and accurate."

That's why the big push to ban the AR-15.
Well....every gun they use in movies is an AR-15. So....yeah.....they're scary.

Course those of us who have been in a fire-fight know we'd rather have an AK-47 than an AR-15.

Forum List

Back