why kids should not be playing football

While adult players can, and do, sustain life-altering injuries from playing football, teenagers have a higher chance of serious, long-term injury. According to a September 2007 New York Times article, “At least 50 high school or younger football players in more than 20 states since 1997 have been killed or have sustained serious head injuries on the field.”

The Dangers of Letting Your Kids Play Football

i have provided urls..do yall have a url showing not playing football turns boys into pussys?

More than 50 kids are killed every years in car accidents so let's just ban cars

How many kids were hurt falling down stairs? Let's ban stairs

How many kids were hurt in swimming pools? let's ban pools

And if you have ever seen the way little boys whine these days, you'd see that our overprotecting them is sissifying a generation.

we use car seats in cars.....child gates on steps...and try to make pools safe....

other sports can teach as much about values as football w/o the damage

we use car seats in cars.....child gates on steps...and try to make pools safe....

other sports can teach as much about values as football w/o the damage
I am undamaged.

The point is valid, there are many things which kill and injure more than football. Kids get hurt, it's part of being a kid and it doesn't matter if it's bicycle riding, baseball, basketball, whatever. If the kid wants to play football the parents get to choose, not the gubmint.

And it should always stay that way.

ahh who said the government should control it?

so far all i hear are gums beating...i have given yall urls that provide evidence of what i am saying...

so far all i hear are gums beating...i have given yall urls that provide evidence of what i am saying...
The drumbeat against football can lead next only to a bill outlawing it.

Clearly people are against football for reasons other than injuries, since so many other things cause more injuries than football..

Are you serious?

In MA they are pushing for a law that kids have to wear helmets while sledding.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Are you serious?

In MA they are pushing for a law that kids have to wear helmets while sledding.

It's fucking ridiculous.

The PC retard politicians in Mass. have a law or tax for everything under the sun. :evil:

Last edited:
All sports carry risks. So does bike riding,snow boarding,playgrounds,weight lifting,cheerleading etc....

All one can do in life is make sure the child is healthy and properly fitted with all the needed gear.

On a scale of danger the child is more likely to meet serious injury or death by other means.

Speaking of banning football. My son's school forbids two hand touch. Claiming even two hand touch can be to physical. Yet they allow soccer where they can kick this shit out of each other shins! Sounds crazy to me.

this statement ..have to toughen them up and all with football....just says a lot doesnt it....

so boys/men who dont or didnt play football are pussies?

this statement ..have to toughen them up and all with football....just says a lot doesnt it....

so boys/men who dont or didnt play football are pussies?

No overprotective parents that are afraid to let their kids get some bumps and bruises are the problem.

hey i know plenty of kids who didn't play football and are tough as nails. They played hockey. they boxed, they wrestled.

Football is no more dangerous than any other activity.

Stop living in fear and more importantly stop teaching children to live in fear.

the point is that we are overprotecting our boys and basically turning them into girls.

girls can't throw, so they all play soccer, parents wanting everything to be the same for both genders have roped their sons in as well, this is a bigger problem for society than football injuries

problem is soccer is a low-skill sport, unlike baseball and football, where differences in talent are far more apparent among grade schoolers, having so many kids play soccer is the sports equivalent of giving everyone a sticker so no one's feelings get hurt

this is not a soccer vs football debate...it is simply the damage football does to a young body...and yes any sport will do some damage...

Caution Bones; insulting football is synonymous with defacing the Koran. Its a fanatical religion in this country.

I have no opinion on children playing football, but I do have very strong opinions on deadbeat dads that spend their kids food money on Comcast sports packages and season tickets. I think they should have their balls squeezed.

Caution Bones; insulting football is synonymous with defacing the Koran. Its a fanatical religion in this country.

I have no opinion on children playing football, but I do have very strong opinions on deadbeat dads that spend their kids food money on Comcast sports packages and season tickets. I think they should have their balls squeezed.

This is not really an argument about football at all.

My angle on this is that the constant fear mongering when it comes to children and the "risk" of sports or even daily activities is getting to the point where people are paralyzed with dread.

Seriously how many kids who played football growing up are drooling into a cup now? A statistically insignificant number.

More children are permanently scarred or seriously injured form the activities of daily life than they are playing sports.

http://www.musckids.com/health_library/poison/stats.htm
* Injury is the leading cause of death in children and young adults. According to the most recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were approximately 2,800 children, ages one to 14 years, that died from an unintentional injury .

* Falls are the leading cause of unintentional injury for children. Children ages 14 and under account for one-third of all fall-related visits to hospital emergency rooms.

* In 2003, nearly 285,600 children ages 14 and under were treated in the US for bicycle-related injuries. Nearly half (47 percent) of children ages 14 and under hospitalized for bicycle-related injuries are diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury.

* Drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional injury-related death among children ages one to 14. The majority of drownings and near-drownings occur in residential swimming pools and in open water sites. However, children can drown in as little as one inch of water.

* Airway obstruction injury is the leading cause of unintentional injury-related death among infants under age one.

* Approximately 45 percent of unintentional injury deaths occurred in and around the home. Unintentional home injury deaths to children are caused primarily by fire and burns, suffocation, drowning, firearms, falls, choking and poisoning.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back