Why Israel is Great and its Neighbors Aren't

In the modern world, however, people are not typically allowed to claim lands they had thousands of years ago. The very premise of Israel is based on jewish elitism and manifest destiny.

I do support Israel however, I'm just sick of jews having one standard for themselves (the right to control the population mix of their country) and one for others (america MUST be overrun with mexicans or we're racists.)

roomy said:
Sarnduro has gumption. :huddle: I don't always agree with him, but bright as a button he is.Wait until he hits the religion board. :clap:

He's a typical idiot. Lots of words, little to say.

dmp said:
I'd love for the US to turn over border security and airport security to Israelis. :)

No. You'd like to use the same tactics they use to defend israel, there's a difference.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. You'd like to use the same tactics they use to defend israel, there's a difference.

Interesting...I suppose that'd work too. My point is Israel can do very little wrong in my eyes.

dmp said:
Interesting...I suppose that'd work too. My point is Israel can do very little wrong in my eyes.

That's a fairly common conclusion that many Christians seem to have. How do Jews and Israel fit in with the "end times" ?

dmp said:

They are an ally for sure. Wha't stunning is the obvious double standard they have for how america should be run.

SarnDuro said:
The very premise of Israel is based on the notion that they can carve out a niche for themselves in the only plot of land they feel justified in calling their own. As I stated, and as history shows, they used as lawful means as any nation to populate their country and to set their borders. Compared to the borders of many countries today which were set by invading populations or by colonialist negotiations halfway around the world, Israel's early population was built up from a modestly small core by approved immigration. Their founding was approved by the UN (one of I think very few to go this route. In fact I can think of no others offhand). Though some of their borders were set by war, it was war that was brought to them, not war that they wanted or initiated. So I'd say that Israel has bent over backwards to do things by the book and in accordance with accepted standards of morality and ethics.

As for their neighbors, well, that's a subject for another time when it's not so late.

Manipuating the U.N. and Great Britain to help you steal land is not necessarily more noble.

SarnDuro said:
The very premise of Israel is based on the notion that they can carve out a niche for themselves in the only plot of land they feel justified in calling their own. As I stated, and as history shows, they used as lawful means as any nation to populate their country and to set their borders. Compared to the borders of many countries today which were set by invading populations or by colonialist negotiations halfway around the world, Israel's early population was built up from a modestly small core by approved immigration. Their founding was approved by the UN (one of I think very few to go this route. In fact I can think of no others offhand). Though some of their borders were set by war, it was war that was brought to them, not war that they wanted or initiated. So I'd say that Israel has bent over backwards to do things by the book and in accordance with accepted standards of morality and ethics.

As for their neighbors, well, that's a subject for another time when it's not so late.

The land that Israel sits on today was ceded to them in negotiations by colonial powers.

dilloduck said:
The land that Israel sits on today was ceded to them in negotiations by colonial powers.

As was the land on which most of the Arab countries in the mid-east sit on.

You ever hear of historical references to the United Arab Emirates?

jillian said:
As was the land on which most of the Arab countries in the mid-east sit on.

You ever hear of historical references to the United Arab Emirates?

Never. The whole area was a colonial negotiation.

SarnDuro said:
Okay, that's true. But the route to get there was not the traditional colonial one. Britain obtained the Mandate of Palestine after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, which had backed the wrong side in WW1. Britain then discarded it in what was, by colonial standards, a fairly short time. (I won't get into the the shameful way Britain behaved towards the Israelis in the years and months leading up to independence. It wasn't pretty, and was far from Britain's finest hour.)

Agreed--it was so bad they had to resort to terroristic tactics against the British.

dilloduck said:
Agreed--it was so bad they had to resort to terroristic tactics against the British.

Terrorism targets civilians. The Irgun targeted the centers of British military power like the King David Hotel which had been used as the base for the British Secretariat, the military command and a branch of the Criminal Investigation Division (police). Civilians were killed, but they weren't the target.

Not exactly accurate to say all of israel was a gift - That was land they'd won in wars thousands of years ago. They were repatriated of sorts, to the land of their herritage and junk and stuff, or whatever.

jillian said:
So why don't you complain about every Arab country in the mid-east? You only seem chagrined by Israel.

I believed I have given other mideastern countries thier share of grief when the topic applied to them. There aren't a lot lot of people who get on here to say how great Jordan or Syria are.

Forum List

Back