Why isn't the liberal media talking about this?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Monica Goodling, the White House liaison for the attorney general, was the key operative behind many of the politicized decisions involving career prosecutors and immigration judges, the report says.

"The evidence demonstrated that Goodling violated department policy and federal law and committed misconduct by considering political or ideological affiliations" in Justice Department appointments, the report says.

Goodling's only public comments were made in May 2007 before a House Committee, which granted her immunity from potential prosecution. In her testimony, Goodling admitted that some of her decisions "may have been influenced in part based on political considerations."

The only individual cited for misconduct who remains with the Justice Department is John Nowacki, who told superiors Goodling had not used political affiliation to select candidates when he knew that she had done so. Nowacki, who is currently detailed to Iraq, could be subject to disciplinary action.

"The report also indicates that Monica Goodling, Kyle Sampson, and Alberto Gonzales may have lied to the Congress about these matters. I have directed my staff to closely review this matter and to consider whether a criminal referral for perjury is needed," Conyers said.

Gonzales aides politicized hirings, investigators find - CNN.com

Taylor: "I took an oath and I take that oath to the president very seriously."

Sen. Leahy responded by giving Ms. Taylor a lesson from Civics 101. He reminded her that she took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States; not to uphold George W. Bush. He said: "Your oath is not to uphold the president."

We've seen this same pattern in people like Alberto Gonzales and Harriet Miers. Their loyalty for George W. Bush trumps their sense of loyalty to their country. Gonzales can't seem to remember that he no longer represents George W. Bush as his personal lawyer, but that he represents the American people now.

Both Monica Goodling and this Sara Taylor said they took an oath to the President, not the constitution. Was that a mistake or is that really what happened?

Is your title question meant to be a joke? The media is talking about it.

Really? Because I had to hear about it on Progressive Talk Radio and google search to find it this morning.

Sort of big news if you ask me. Not on MSNBC?

What is CNN, chop liver? Just because you heard it on Progressive Talk Radio, that doesn't make it mainstream. Delays or just plain denial of news stories is common place on both sides of the aisle.

What is CNN, chop liver? Just because you heard it on Progressive Talk Radio, that doesn't make it mainstream. Delays or just plain denial of news stories is common place on both sides of the aisle.

Well maybe you just don't realize the difference between blatant bias, like Fox, and subtle bias.

If a media shows the story once and then lets the story die, they can pretend to be fair and balanced, but sweeping it under the rug when it's a big deal is the difference between how the media treated Clinton and how they treated Bush.

I've been watching the media hide/not report on GOP stories for 7 years now.

Aren't you from Vancouver? Do you even live in America?

This is, and continues to be, a media story.

True it doesn't have the legs that something involving blood or sex, but it IS being reported.

Maybe it's because nobody gives a shit.

YOu pubs have proven that you dont... EPA told not to speak to the Inspector General, judges fired for political reasons, Civil service employees being given moral litmus tests before they get hired, NASA and EPA documents scrubbed, secret energy meetings, Fox news used as Whitehouse propaganda mouthpiece, whistleblowers getting fired, CIA employees getting outted, pundits getting paid to push white house programs, friends of whitehouse getting no bid sweetheart deals, price of oil being manipulated to open up new leases for oil while the oil friendly party is still in office, the pill bill was constructed as a big pharma givaway, and to top all of that the whitehouse doctored and spun evidence leading up to the Iraq war...

Typical reply from you. Yea, no one cares the whole system has been tainted and corrupted.

It's much ado about nothing. You have to hype it up to make it into anything, and it still reads like the vaporous ramblings of an incoherent fairy.

It's much ado about nothing. You have to hype it up to make it into anything, and it still reads like the vaporous ramblings of an incoherent fairy.

Much ado about nothing eh... you cats really give two shits about oversight... right... how would you feel if obama told his people not to hire anyone that doesnt like homosexuality.. what if he said not to hire anyone that hasnt engaged in homosexual acts... what if he said, "raises only go to those that have voted for a democrat in the preceding election".

Much ado about nothing eh... you cats really give two shits about oversight... right... how would you feel if obama told his people not to hire anyone that doesnt like homosexuality.. what if he said not to hire anyone that hasnt engaged in homosexual acts... what if he said, "raises only go to those that have voted for a democrat in the preceding election".

I would see it as politics as usual. Hence as Allie so eloquently put it "no one gives a shit".

Forum List

Back