Why isn't the liberal media talking about this?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sealybobo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,119
    Monica Goodling, the White House liaison for the attorney general, was the key operative behind many of the politicized decisions involving career prosecutors and immigration judges, the report says.

"The evidence demonstrated that Goodling violated department policy and federal law and committed misconduct by considering political or ideological affiliations" in Justice Department appointments, the report says.

Goodling's only public comments were made in May 2007 before a House Committee, which granted her immunity from potential prosecution. In her testimony, Goodling admitted that some of her decisions "may have been influenced in part based on political considerations."

The only individual cited for misconduct who remains with the Justice Department is John Nowacki, who told superiors Goodling had not used political affiliation to select candidates when he knew that she had done so. Nowacki, who is currently detailed to Iraq, could be subject to disciplinary action.

"The report also indicates that Monica Goodling, Kyle Sampson, and Alberto Gonzales may have lied to the Congress about these matters. I have directed my staff to closely review this matter and to consider whether a criminal referral for perjury is needed," Conyers said.

Gonzales aides politicized hirings, investigators find - CNN.com

2. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,119
    Taylor: "I took an oath and I take that oath to the president very seriously."

Sen. Leahy responded by giving Ms. Taylor a lesson from Civics 101. He reminded her that she took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States; not to uphold George W. Bush. He said: "Your oath is not to uphold the president."

We've seen this same pattern in people like Alberto Gonzales and Harriet Miers. Their loyalty for George W. Bush trumps their sense of loyalty to their country. Gonzales can't seem to remember that he no longer represents George W. Bush as his personal lawyer, but that he represents the American people now.

3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,119
    Both Monica Goodling and this Sara Taylor said they took an oath to the President, not the constitution. Was that a mistake or is that really what happened?

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    No blow jobs?

5. 42Presidents

42Presidents CFT #1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is your title question meant to be a joke? The media is talking about it.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,119
    Really? Because I had to hear about it on Progressive Talk Radio and google search to find it this morning.

Sort of big news if you ask me. Not on MSNBC?

7. 42Presidents

42Presidents CFT #1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What is CNN, chop liver? Just because you heard it on Progressive Talk Radio, that doesn't make it mainstream. Delays or just plain denial of news stories is common place on both sides of the aisle.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,119
    Well maybe you just don't realize the difference between blatant bias, like Fox, and subtle bias.

If a media shows the story once and then lets the story die, they can pretend to be fair and balanced, but sweeping it under the rug when it's a big deal is the difference between how the media treated Clinton and how they treated Bush.

I've been watching the media hide/not report on GOP stories for 7 years now.

Aren't you from Vancouver? Do you even live in America?

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Maybe it's because nobody gives a shit.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,119
    Typical reply from you. Yea, no one cares the whole system has been tainted and corrupted.