Why is the GOP even bothering to select a candidate for next year?

Yes agreed, Ronnie increased SS taxes AND the federal tax burden on the middle class increased under him AS HE GUTTED TAXES FOR THE RICH Bubba

Yes agreed, Ronnie increased SS taxes

Yup, he increased them after 1983.

AND the federal tax burden on the middle class increased under him

As your own source showed, his income tax cuts on the middle class were larger than his SS tax hike on the middle class.

BZZ WRONG

AGAIN:

In the first place, the famous "tax cut" of 1981 did not cut taxes at all. It's true that tax rates for higher-income brackets were cut; but for the average person, taxes rose, rather than declined.

National Bureau study by Hausman and Poterba on the Tax Reform Act shows that over 40% of the nation's taxpayers suffered a marginal tax increase (or at best, the same rate as before) and, of the majority that did enjoy marginal tax cuts, only 11% got reductions of 10% or more. In short, most of the tax reductions were negligible. Not only that; the Tax Reform Act, these authors reckoned, would lower savings and investment overall because of the huge increases in taxes on business and on capital gains. Moreover savings were also hurt by the tax law's removal of tax deductibility on contributions to IRAs.
Mises Daily Mises Institute

OF COURSE THE SUPER WEALTHY DID GREAT

National Bureau study by Hausman and Poterba on the Tax Reform Act shows that over 40% of the nation's taxpayers suffered a marginal tax increase

The rates in every bracket were cut. Somehow that was a tax increase? LOL!
Liberals are stupid.....and really bad at math.

Got it. You'll continue to be a moron and willfully ignorant of the difference between tax rates and tax burden. I'm shocked, lol

Obviously, cutting the rate raises the burden....if you're a liberal idiot.

When you cut the tax rate for the rich, YET increase taxes 11 times AFTER, to ATTEMPT to make up for lost revenues, and those tax increases are on the workers. YES

So Reagan is alleged to have raised taxes and Democrats don't like that?

Get friggin' REAL!
I'm loathe to agree with the hyperpartisan clown brigade on anything, but yeah. Isn't it pretty common knowledge he raised taxes?

Is it?

U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History 1862-2013 Nominal and Inflation-Adjusted Brackets Tax Foundation

Can you show me?

Sure, he gutted taxes on income, but to make up for it, he had 11 "tax increases"

Ronald Reagan "raised taxes in 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987."

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif

But to combat a rising deficit and debt burden, Reagan also approved increased taxes.

In 1982, The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act raised taxes by $37.5 billion per year, and the Highway Revenue Act raised the gasoline tax by $3.3 billion.

In 1983, Reagan signed off on legislation to raise payroll taxes and tax Social Security benefits for some higher earners.

In 1984, the Deficit Reduction Act included increases in taxes on estates and distilled spirits and ended some business tax breaks, to the tune of $18 billion per year.

In 1985, Reagan signed legislation making permanent a 16-cent federal excise tax on a pack of cigarettes, then worth about $2.4 billion a year.

In 1986, the Tax Reform Act lowered the top income tax bracket from 50 percent to 28 percent. To pay for the reductions, however, the legislation closed a number of tax loopholes.

In 1987, Reagan signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act that extended the telephone excise tax and eliminated a real estate tax deduction loophole.

Rep. Gerry Connolly says Reagan raised taxes during five years of presidency PolitiFact Virginia

I bet you said the same thing about the midterms, right before the dems took the shellacking of their lives

lol, Don't understand what a national election is huh?

The Senate's 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans

But here's a crazy fact: those 46 Democrats got more votes than the 54 Republicans across the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections. According to Nathan Nicholson, a researcher at the voting reform advocacy group FairVote, "the 46 Democratic caucus members in the 114th Congress received a total of 67.8 million votes in winning their seats, while the 54 Republican caucus members received 47.1 million votes."

The Senate s 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans - Vox

GOP Memo: Gerrymandering Won Us The House Majority

GOP Memo Gerrymandering Won Us The House Majority

"The Senate's 46 Democrats got 20 million more votes than its 54 Republicans"

Yet another example of a retard lefty that doesn't understand the concept of proportions and ratios.

00-00e-politics-through-a-cartoonists-eyes-09-11-11.jpg

So Lizzy Applecheeks is a slam dunk winner in 2016? Really? She is becoming more unappealing by the day, she is showing her age and her arrogance and the undecided vote is drifting away from her. Add to that whether she is even physically fit to run is questionable. Slam dunk winner in 2016? Not so much.

So Lizzy Applecheeks is a slam dunk winner in 2016? Really? She is becoming more unappealing by the day, she is showing her age and her arrogance and the undecided vote is drifting away from her. Add to that whether she is even physically fit to run is questionable. Slam dunk winner in 2016? Not so much.

YET the GOP STILL will not be able to beat the Dem candidate. Go figure!

Just ask "slam dunk" Romney!

Yeah, because McCain was the picture of health when he ran in 2008....get real.

It's rather bizarre, honestly, how much right wingers focus on Hillary's physical aspects. I mean talk about objectifying women....it's as if the important issue for a woman to be president is how attractive she is, really???

Oh but that's right, look how long they stuck around with bimbo Palin, she's got good looks! Have her talk for 3 minutes and you won't get more than 4 complete sentences as seen in her Iowa speech.....but man, that smile!!!

Last edited:
Why even have an election for president in 2016? Hillary should be the next president because she is Hillary

Why even have an election for president in 2016? Hillary should be the next president because she is Hillary
It's a formality. That's all. The Republicans could field the best candidate ever and get 100% of the electoral votes. It just wouldn't matter. She would still become Obama's successor. I'm not really sure why this is hard for people to understand. When I said that there's absolutely nothing that could change this, I meant there's absolutely nothing. None of us here have any voice in the matter.

Hillary will be knocked out of the box before the primaries. Obama will torpedo her candidacy.

I agree, Obama and his activist pals aren't going to step aside and hand the party back over to the Clinton establishment.
They already showed that by throwing her under the bus regarding her email scandal.
Biden and Kerry probably have Presidential aspirations of their own.

Thank gawd the Reagan Tourette is over. sheeeesh someone has a real hardon for him

I can already see how this will play out....Hillary will win easily, and then the right wingers will being say for the next 4 years "only elected cause she's a girl!" over and over.

I can already see how this will play out....Hillary will win easily, and then the right wingers will being say for the next 4 years "only elected cause she's a girl!" over and over.

I'll say it now. The ONLY reason you'll vote for Hillary is because of what's between her legs. Your kind has proven that already by voting Obama twice because he's half black and half white trash.

I'll say it now. The ONLY reason you'll vote for Hillary is because of what's between her legs. Your kind has proven that already by voting Obama twice because he's half black and half white trash.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

You have no case. Too bad you can't accept the truth.

Forum List

Back