Why Is Supergirl A Skinny Little Model? Why Couldn't She Be A Bad-Ass MMA Fighter?

How about we take traditionally black characters and have white people play them? Or remake movies with black characters and have whites play them?

Don't take other people's literary creations and put them through a pc changeemup to suit some recent nod to diversity. It's like rewriting Shakespeare. It's not your work, don't fuck with it.

She's kind of a real life Supergirl, if you think about it. :D

rousey-148675.jpg

How about we take traditionally black characters and have white people play them? Or remake movies with black characters and have whites play them?

Don't take other people's literary creations and put them through a pc changeemup to suit some recent nod to diversity. It's like rewriting Shakespeare. It's not your work, don't fuck with it.

Roots, with an all white cast?

Well int he case of real-world or historical events that wouldn't make the point being only inflammatory. My thing's just not changing other people's characters willy-nilly to suit some modern political point. It's someone else's creation, you don't go changing other people's work even if you own the modern rights of doing so. Bad form.

Somehow, I don't think that would go over so well. :lol:

My thing'd be more along the lines of making Romeo and Juliet more positive and upbeat where they both survive at the end instead or something. :) Radical changes like that to suit a modern sensibility piss me off to no end. As do Christian video stores where they edit all the profanity or other objectionable content from their movies.

69227-melissa_benoist_kara_danvers.jpg

I've been watching the Colts game this afternoon, and they had a commercial of the new Supergirl series. Poor choice dudes....
She throws a punch and she looks like she never threw one before. She's weak looking and it appears the only reason they picked her was because she was a model...and GOOD GOD!!!
Throw that damned skirt away. She's a damned superhero.....not a Girl-scout.

That's the problem with most of these television shows. Besides the fact that these shows are riddled with commercials, I can't stand the fact that everyone looks like rejects from Zoolander.
287749-1920x1280.jpg

I just don't think Supergirl should look like she's afraid to break a nail. Find someone who looks like she could crush your skull with her thighs. If you want guys to watch the series and buy your junk, cast someone who looks like Ronda Rousey for Christ sake.

And don't get me started about that faggot The Flash. What a wimp.

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

How 'bout her?
American_Gladiators.jpg

I don't mind a fairly skinny Supergirl, but she should have SOME muscle. Ronda Rousey is probably too big. She would make a better She-Hulk.

How about a slender, beautiful woman who is in superb shape (though by no means overly-muscled)...and as a bonus, she could (in fact, would probably insist on) doing her own stunt work? That being Cote de Pablo, best known as Ziva David from NCIS.

I've been watching the Colts game this afternoon, and they had a commercial of the new Supergirl series. Poor choice dudes....
She throws a punch and she looks like she never threw one before. She's weak looking and it appears the only reason they picked her was because she was a model...and GOOD GOD!!!

That's the problem with most of these television shows. Besides the fact that these shows are riddled with commercials, I can't stand the fact that everyone looks like rejects from Zoolander.
287749-1920x1280.jpg

I just don't think Supergirl should look like she's afraid to break a nail. Find someone who looks like she could crush your skull with her thighs. If you want guys to watch the series and buy your junk, cast someone who looks like Ronda Rousey for Christ sake.

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

How 'bout her?
American_Gladiators.jpg
A reasonable alternative.

I don't mind a fairly skinny Supergirl, but she should have SOME muscle. Ronda Rousey is probably too big. She would make a better She-Hulk.

How about a slender, beautiful woman who is in superb shape (though by no means overly-muscled)...and as a bonus, she could (in fact, would probably insist on) doing her own stunt work? That being Cote de Pablo, best known as Ziva David from NCIS.
The point is.....they should be somebody who actually is an athlete.....not a supermodel that is all thumbs and runs like a girl.

The point is.....they should be somebody who actually is an athlete.....not a supermodel that is all thumbs and runs like a girl.

Serious question: ever watch NCIS?

Other actresses considered for the role.

Claire Holt
web-073.jpg

Gemma Atkinson
0Gemma%20Atkinson%20-%20wearing%20a%20Pink%20Bikini%20at%20the%20Beach%20%2803-15-14%29%20%20%2812%29.jpg

Elizabeth Lail
th

Congratulations, no one seems to be complaining about a black Jimmy Olsen. At least we aren't seeing Limbaugh-esgue bloviations like when they were considering a black 007.

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

Ironic that both the Supergirl and Flash actors were on Glee.

Much too old.

Much too old.

agreed,yeah she has the build and everything you would wish for for someone playing the role but yeah she is tool old,thats why i would rather take claire holt over her.

they never should have allowed tim burton near a batman movie.i still cant get over it to this day how he cast short,skinny runt, half balding receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair bruce wayne.

I think that I like Mr. Keaton's treatment of the role more than any other actor who has played it. I particularly liked the duality that he uniquely gave to the character, that no other actor has ever really achieved. As Bruce Wayne, he was wimpy, weak, cowardly, and perhaps not entirely sane. When he put on the Bat suit, he became truly a completely different character. Nobody else ever depicted this duality as well as Mr. Keaton did.

Sadly, by the time they got to the third movie in that series, which made this duality a more integral part of the overall story, Mr. Keaton had dropped out, and the role was now played by Val Kilmer, who really didn't do a very good job at all of portraying this aspect of the character.
so you like a guy who looked nothing at all like the comic character and who copied chris reeves performance being macho as batman but a good in public,okay.:cuckoo:

sadly burton was allowed near batman and the worst casting choice in comicbook history ever at that time occured.and sorry you ignored my point that kilmer at LEAST looked the role and acted like bruce wayne being much better and more believeable as bruce wayne that sorry ass keaton.

deal with it,Bale was leaps and bounds the best Batman ever because he was excellent BOTH roles.sorry the truth hurts.:biggrin:

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

Ironic that both the Supergirl and Flash actors were on Glee.
Must be either Jewish or Gay.

Forum List

Back