Why Is Supergirl A Skinny Little Model? Why Couldn't She Be A Bad-Ass MMA Fighter?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
69227-melissa_benoist_kara_danvers.jpg

I've been watching the Colts game this afternoon, and they had a commercial of the new Supergirl series. Poor choice dudes....
She throws a punch and she looks like she never threw one before. She's weak looking and it appears the only reason they picked her was because she was a model...and GOOD GOD!!!
Throw that damned skirt away. She's a damned superhero.....not a Girl-scout.

That's the problem with most of these television shows. Besides the fact that these shows are riddled with commercials, I can't stand the fact that everyone looks like rejects from Zoolander.
287749-1920x1280.jpg

I just don't think Supergirl should look like she's afraid to break a nail. Find someone who looks like she could crush your skull with her thighs. If you want guys to watch the series and buy your junk, cast someone who looks like Ronda Rousey for Christ sake.

And don't get me started about that faggot The Flash. What a wimp.

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

Last edited:
agreed that she should look something like Rhonda Rousy.Hollywood seems to always fuck up the casting of superhero characters in film these days. they never should have allowed tim burton near a batman movie.i still cant get over it to this day how he cast short,skinny runt, half balding receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair bruce wayne.he only cast him cause he was friends with him,he did not care about making the best casting choice possible.

now back to the OP,first hollywood screws it up in the movies with supergirl casting helen slater who was a skinny wimp as well but could not act worth a shit either.

Hollywood is repeating history again with supergirl.:mad:

agreed that she should look something like Rhonda Rousy.Hollywood seems to always fuck up the casting of superhero characters in film these days. they never should have allowed tim burton near a batman movie.i still cant get over it to this day how he cast short,skinny runt, half balding receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair bruce wayne.he only cast him cause he was friends with him,he did not care about making the best casting choice possible.

now back to the OP,first hollywood screws it up in the movies with supergirl casting helen slater who was a skinny wimp as well but could not act worth a shit either.

So far Michael Keaton has been the best Batman. They opted for Ben Afleck in the latest go around. George Clooney sucked. You'd think they would have learned.

The only reason I can think of is Supergirl, originally, was a teenager, and they want to maintain the age level.

I agree, she should be a bit beefier, and since she isn't in high school, should look a bit older.

To supplement the thread, how about a list of suggestions for an established actress better suited.

So far Michael Keaton has been the best Batman. They opted for Ben Afleck in the latest go around. George Clooney sucked. You'd think they would have learned.

Everybody knows Kevin Conroy was the best Batman. :thup:

obviously you have a mancrush on keaton the fact you ignored everything i posted.:lmao:

wrong.christian bale is the best so far hands down,no contest and this is why. Keaton was a good Batman but a horrible Bruce Wayne acting nothing like him. Kilmer was a better batman because he at least LOOKED the part.Kilmer was just the opposite,good Bruce Wayne but not a very good Batman. you did get Clooney right though.Clooney sucked in both roles.

Bale however was the only one of the four who was great in BOTH roles.He was great as BOTH Bruce Wayne AND Batman.:thup:

You have been taken to school son.:D

Last edited:

I've been watching the Colts game this afternoon, and they had a commercial of the new Supergirl series. Poor choice dudes....
She throws a punch and she looks like she never threw one before. She's weak looking and it appears the only reason they picked her was because she was a model...and GOOD GOD!!!

That's the problem with most of these television shows. Besides the fact that these shows are riddled with commercials, I can't stand the fact that everyone looks like rejects from Zoolander.
287749-1920x1280.jpg

I just don't think Supergirl should look like she's afraid to break a nail. Find someone who looks like she could crush your skull with her thighs. If you want guys to watch the series and buy your junk, cast someone who looks like Ronda Rousey for Christ sake.

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

I agree that Ronda Rousey would make a MUCH better super hero character. However, a person must be able to act too.

Everybody knows Kevin Conroy was the best Batman. :thup:

:thup:

Its neck and neck with Conroy and Bale but yeah I guess i would say Conroy has the slight edge over Bale.

Conroy was EASILY leaps and bounds better than Clooney,Kilmer,and Keaton though.thats not even debatable.

obviously yo have a mancrush on keaton the fact you ignored everything i posted.:lmao:

wrong.christian bale is the best so far hands down,no contest and this is why. Keaton was a good Batman but a horrible Bruce Wayne acting nothing like him. Kilmer was a better batman because he at least LOOKED the part.Kilmer was just the opposite,good Bruce Wayne but not a very good Batman. you did get Clooney right though.Clooney sucked in both roles.

Bale however was the only one of the four who was great in BOTH roles.He was great as BOTH Bruce Wayne AND Batman.:thup:

I thought Keaton made a decent enough Bruce Wayne as he could given the script. I still love those two Batman movies, but there wasn't much substance to Bruce Wayne in them.

The only reason I can think of is Supergirl, originally, was a teenager, and they want to maintain the age level.

I agree, she should be a bit beefier, and since she isn't in high school, should look a bit older.

To supplement the thread, how about a list of suggestions for an established actress better suited.

since she isnt even in high school thats even more unnacceptable that she isnt beefier

obviously yo have a mancrush on keaton the fact you ignored everything i posted.:lmao:

I thought Keaton made a decent enough Bruce Wayne as he could given the script. I still love those two Batman movies, but there wasn't much substance to Bruce Wayne in them.

Keaton did nothing unique in Batman as Bruce Wayne.He just copied Reeves performance in superman acting like a dorky goof in public and macho as Batman.Thats not Batman at all.Kilmers portrayel was much more accurate.

It cant be debated though that Bale was hands down better than all three of them combined.thats no contest.

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

I agree that Ronda Rousey would make a MUCH better super hero character. However, a person must be able to act too.

She has a few years to study for the part.

I worry about the stuntmen/villains.

She did a good job pulling her punches in Expendables 3, but she was only in a few scenes

Look at the source material. That's what pretty nuch EVERY director fails to do. Supergirl doesn't look like Ronda Rousey in the comics. She looks quite a bit like this actress, except with actual tits.

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

She did a good job pulling her punches in Expendables 3, but she was only in a few scenes

Well, if she could pull it off, she would be great in that role, IMO. I really like her.

Keaton did nothing unique in Batman as Bruce Wayne.He just copied Reeves performance in superman acting like a dorky goof in public and macho as Batman.Thats not Batman at all.Kilmers portrayel was much more accurate.

It cant be debated though that Bale was hands down better than all three of them combined.thats no contest.

My point was that the script didn't allow Keaton to do much with Bruce Wayne. Christopher Nolan's Batman movies on the other hand were almost more Bruce Wayne movies than Batman.

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

Well, if she could pull it off, she would be great in that role, IMO. I really like her.

Perhaps Jeanette McCrudy?

Pictures & Photos of Jennette McCurdy - IMDb

Well, if she could pull it off, she would be great in that role, IMO. I really like her.​

Rousey might be able to pull the acting off. Howevrr, the character is not a badass **** Rousey is. Read the comics.

I'm not familiar at all with the comics, so you have a point there. I probably will not read the comics though. Lol. I'm a little too old to be reading comics, I think. :D

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

Perhaps Jeanette McCrudy?

Pictures & Photos of Jennette McCurdy - IMDb

I don't know who she is and have never seen her in anything, so I couldn't say.

Forum List

Back