Why Is Supergirl A Skinny Little Model? Why Couldn't She Be A Bad-Ass MMA Fighter?

agreed that she should look something like Rhonda Rousy.Hollywood seems to always fuck up the casting of superhero characters in film these days. they never should have allowed tim burton near a batman movie.i still cant get over it to this day how he cast short,skinny runt, half balding receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair bruce wayne.he only cast him cause he was friends with him,he did not care about making the best casting choice possible.

now back to the OP,first hollywood screws it up in the movies with supergirl casting helen slater who was a skinny wimp as well but could not act worth a shit either.

Hollywood is repeating history again with supergirl.:mad:
So far Michael Keaton has been the best Batman. They opted for Ben Afleck in the latest go around. George Clooney sucked. You'd think they would have learned.

obviously you have a mancrush on keaton the fact you ignored everything i posted.:lmao:

wrong.christian bale is the best so far hands down,no contest and this is why. Keaton was a good Batman but a horrible Bruce Wayne acting nothing like him. Kilmer was a better batman because he at least LOOKED the part.Kilmer was just the opposite,good Bruce Wayne but not a very good Batman. you did get Clooney right though.Clooney sucked in both roles.

Bale however was the only one of the four who was great in BOTH roles.He was great as BOTH Bruce Wayne AND Batman.:thup:

You have been taken to school son.:D
Nope........they never even had a real Batcave while Bale was Batman. Keaton was pretty decent when it came to being Bruce Wayne because he was trying to be what he was, a spoiled rich guy with a split personality. Bale, also, felt that his raspy voice would disguise who he was. All it did was make him sound ridiculous.

69227-melissa_benoist_kara_danvers.jpg

I've been watching the Colts game this afternoon, and they had a commercial of the new Supergirl series. Poor choice dudes....
She throws a punch and she looks like she never threw one before. She's weak looking and it appears the only reason they picked her was because she was a model...and GOOD GOD!!!
Throw that damned skirt away. She's a damned superhero.....not a Girl-scout.

That's the problem with most of these television shows. Besides the fact that these shows are riddled with commercials, I can't stand the fact that everyone looks like rejects from Zoolander.
287749-1920x1280.jpg

I just don't think Supergirl should look like she's afraid to break a nail. Find someone who looks like she could crush your skull with her thighs. If you want guys to watch the series and buy your junk, cast someone who looks like Ronda Rousey for Christ sake.

And don't get me started about that faggot The Flash. What a wimp.

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

I agree that Ronda Rousey would make a MUCH better super hero character. However, a person must be able to act too.

She has a few years to study for the part.

I worry about the stuntmen/villains.

She did a good job pulling her punches in Expendables 3, but she was only in a few scenes

Well, if she could pull it off, she would be great in that role, IMO. I really like her.

Perhaps Jeanette McCrudy?

Pictures & Photos of Jennette McCurdy - IMDb

Or Olivia Holt.

MV5BMjE0OTEwMjQ3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzQwMDI1NDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I've been watching the Colts game this afternoon, and they had a commercial of the new Supergirl series. Poor choice dudes....
She throws a punch and she looks like she never threw one before. She's weak looking and it appears the only reason they picked her was because she was a model...and GOOD GOD!!!

That's the problem with most of these television shows. Besides the fact that these shows are riddled with commercials, I can't stand the fact that everyone looks like rejects from Zoolander.
287749-1920x1280.jpg

I just don't think Supergirl should look like she's afraid to break a nail. Find someone who looks like she could crush your skull with her thighs. If you want guys to watch the series and buy your junk, cast someone who looks like Ronda Rousey for Christ sake.

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

I agree that Ronda Rousey would make a MUCH better super hero character. However, a person must be able to act too.
In TV shows that's not as important as you think.

But Ronda has been in two action flicks already and did just fine.

Last edited:
agreed that she should look something like Rhonda Rousy.Hollywood seems to always fuck up the casting of superhero characters in film these days. they never should have allowed tim burton near a batman movie.i still cant get over it to this day how he cast short,skinny runt, half balding receding hairline michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair bruce wayne.he only cast him cause he was friends with him,he did not care about making the best casting choice possible.

now back to the OP,first hollywood screws it up in the movies with supergirl casting helen slater who was a skinny wimp as well but could not act worth a shit either.

Hollywood is repeating history again with supergirl.:mad:
So far Michael Keaton has been the best Batman. They opted for Ben Afleck in the latest go around. George Clooney sucked. You'd think they would have learned.

obviously you have a mancrush on keaton the fact you ignored everything i posted.:lmao:

wrong.christian bale is the best so far hands down,no contest and this is why. Keaton was a good Batman but a horrible Bruce Wayne acting nothing like him. Kilmer was a better batman because he at least LOOKED the part.Kilmer was just the opposite,good Bruce Wayne but not a very good Batman. you did get Clooney right though.Clooney sucked in both roles.

Bale however was the only one of the four who was great in BOTH roles.He was great as BOTH Bruce Wayne AND Batman.:thup:

You have been taken to school son.:D
Nope........they never even had a real Batcave while Bale was Batman. Keaton was pretty decent when it came to being Bruce Wayne because he was trying to be what he was, a spoiled rich guy with a split personality. Bale, also, felt that his raspy voice would disguise who he was. All it did was make him sound ridiculous.

I agree. I hated that about Christian Bale as Batman. His voice is just annoying to me. It's funny because one of his Batman movies was just on a little while ago, and I was wondering why does he have to talk like that? It's so annoying!!!

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

She did a good job pulling her punches in Expendables 3, but she was only in a few scenes

Well, if she could pull it off, she would be great in that role, IMO. I really like her.

I don't know who she is and have never seen her in anything, so I couldn't say.

One of the Disney BratPack.

ICarly, Sam&Cat series

ICarly, Sam&Cat series

Oh well, I don't watch Disney shows anymore. :D

The only reason I can think of is Supergirl, originally, was a teenager, and they want to maintain the age level.

I agree, she should be a bit beefier, and since she isn't in high school, should look a bit older.

To supplement the thread, how about a list of suggestions for an established actress better suited.
They're trying to pull in children and teenagers......the 90210 crowd. The kids that are too busy texting to watch TV.

ICarly, Sam&Cat series

Oh well, I don't watch Disney shows anymore. :D

Grandkids.

Like to know what they're watching

and both ladies are gymnasts.

as is

Paris Berelc

th

I'm not familiar at all with the comics, so you have a point there. I probably will not read the comics though. Lol. I'm a little too old to be reading comics, I think. :D

I don't really expect you to read them. My point was that I have no use for tv or movie directors who CREATE new versions of characters rather than using the character that already exists. Especially characters that have been around for decades and are well known like Batman or Supergirl.

This is actually the main reason why 2 of ny favorite book series will never be on the screen.... tbe authors will not allow their characters to be reimagined.

287749-1920x1280.jpg

flash.jpg
per_barry.jpg

If the powers the character has are from some BS super powers, than actual build is irrelevant.

Now, someone like Captain America? Or Batman? Yes, they need to be built.

But Supergirl is magic. It would make no more sense that a mma badass could fly to the moon and stop a speeding locomotive than a twiggy model.

I don't mind a fairly skinny Supergirl, but she should have SOME muscle. Ronda Rousey is probably too big. She would make a better She-Hulk.

I never minded Bale's Batman voice one way or the other. It was kinda just... there.

Duh. She has super strength, bubbas and bubbettes.

She gets to the tiny minus petite super cutest super girl in the cutest outfit, and all the other girls can just eat their shorts. Or hers, for that matter. She swings both ways.

I never minded Bale's Batman voice one way or the other. It was kinda just... there.

I don't like it. I'm always like, what's he saying? What? Lol. He's like, bah-bah-bah. Nope, I don't see a need for the raspy sounding old guy voice. :D

I thought it sounded like Bale was trying his own take on the Kevin Conroy Batman voice, and overdoing it. Conroy has kinda become the staple for what people think Batman should sound like.

I don't like it. I'm always like, what's he saying? What? Lol. He's like, bah-bah-bah. Nope, I don't see a need for the raspy sounding old guy voice. :D

I thought it sounded like Bale was trying his own take on the Kevin Conroy Batman voice, and overdoing it. Conroy has kinda become the staple for what people think Batman should sound like.

I don't know what he's trying to do, but I wish he'd stop! :D

What if Batman sounded like Mike Tyson?

Forum List

Back