CDZ Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?

Why did Trump feel obliged to even use the qualifier?

It is not a qualifier. It's an adjective. And as so many people have been saying that Hispanics, of which Mexican-americans are a subset of, hate TRump, Trump thought it was relevant..

Trump didn't talk about "Hispanics" or "Mexican Americans

Trump: U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel “happens to be, we believe Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,”

I did not say that he did.

My point, the OBVIOUS point is that your lefty accusation of racism on this incident in absurdly hypocritical, because you have all been saying that this judge, as a individual included in the group Hispanic, hates Trump, for MONTHS.
"
Your pretense that you see no connection between "Hispanics" and a "Mexican" is a lie designed to fool only the willfully gullible.

According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

P.S. Please look up "ad hominem" before responding.
he should not have mentioned the obvious about the guy,he should have just said that he is associated with La Raza....pointing out someones race can bring on the racial bullshit.....

Is "Mexican" a race?

Every major problem we in America face has a direct link to and is made worse by illegal immigration...Healthcare, the deficit, crime, terrorism, education, prison overcrowding. I could go on and on.

I doubt that.

Every major problem we in America face has a direct link to and is made worse by illegal immigration...Healthcare, the deficit, crime, terrorism, education, prison overcrowding. I could go on and on.
I have a bad rash I caught from illegal immigration, aka poison sumac..

Trump enjoys 37% support among Hispanic Americans today...these numbers will rise. Trump on pace to out do Bush with Hispanic Americans...Hillary is toast...they don't like her.

I think that is amongst Hispanic Republicans...
It’s the art of the deal…or apparently the art of the fraud.
Fraud belongs to one person in this race and that is the big bank big dollar loving Hillary....Crooked Hillary.

Except she is rated as more honest than turgid Trumpery.

it seems to me that any reference to the ethnic background of a judge-----by a defendant ----
IS REALLY DUMB

I have often heard liberals and blacks complain about overly white juries, judges, police, teachers, bankers, bosses, congressmen, ect, ect ect.

I guess it's ok when it serves the LIb Agenda
?

That's a logical conclusion only if you're totally ignorant of racial politics and sociological history in America.

Which seems to be more and more the case with Trump supporters.

For months lefties have been saying that Hispanics hate Trump.

Now Trumps suggests that an Hispanic might hate him and that is racist?

LOL!!!

No, he called an American citizen a “mexican”. The larger question is that apparently, the judge’s appearance must be the same as the defendant to ensure a “fair trial” So women can’t sit in judgement of men, and vice versa; Black judges cannot hear cases between two non-black defendants…

Surely the logic is dumb enough that you understand it too.

1. Mexican-Americans are a subset of Hispanic. You lefties have been saying for months that Hispanics hate TRump.

Now Trump says ONE of them hates him and it's racist? LOL!!

Liberals: All the intellectual honestly of a crack whore.

2. And now you are putting words in Trump's mouth.

Yet, when asked for any evidence of words or actions indicating hatred...nothing is forcoming.

This is kind of where "intellectual honesty" becomes laughable.

According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

he should not have mentioned the obvious about the guy,he should have just said that he is associated with La Raza....pointing out someones race can bring on the racial bullshit.....

Is "Mexican" a race?
you know what i mean.....

Is "Mexican" a race?
you know what i mean.....

Yo no se nada.

That's a logical conclusion only if you're totally ignorant of racial politics and sociological history in America.

Which seems to be more and more the case with Trump supporters.

For months lefties have been saying that Hispanics hate Trump.

Now Trumps suggests that an Hispanic might hate him and that is racist?

LOL!!!

No, he called an American citizen a “mexican”. The larger question is that apparently, the judge’s appearance must be the same as the defendant to ensure a “fair trial” So women can’t sit in judgement of men, and vice versa; Black judges cannot hear cases between two non-black defendants…

Surely the logic is dumb enough that you understand it too.

1. Mexican-Americans are a subset of Hispanic. You lefties have been saying for months that Hispanics hate TRump.

Now Trump says ONE of them hates him and it's racist? LOL!!

Liberals: All the intellectual honestly of a crack whore.

2. And now you are putting words in Trump's mouth.

Correll- is a crack whore defending what the GOP calls 'textbook racism"

Trump never called the judge a Mexican American- he called an American a Mexican.

And Trump presumes because the judge has ancestors from Mexico that the judge is biased against him.

But not so much that Trump actually is asking his lawyers to call for the judge's recusal.

Trump only is using this to play to his base.

The base- like you- who likes it when he calls an American a "Mexican"

1. It is not racism. Ryan is a fool.

2. He was referring to ethnicity. He was not claiming the Judge was a citizen of another nation. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. All you lefties and quite a few righties have been saying that Hispanics hate Trump. Your suddenly realization that it is "racist" to say this reveals nothing except what lying, race baiting hypocrites you are.

4. re: lawyers not calling for recusal: SO?

5 We like it when he is not cowed by bullshit accusations of racism, like this one.

Trump didn't refer to Hispanics.

He called the judge a "Mexican"- which is a person from Mexico- not an American from the midwest.

Of course you like it when he makes disparaging remarks about Mexicans.

That is why Trump makes them.

OK LET ME SPELL IT OUT:

TRUMP'S COMMENTS WERE NOT RACIST BECAUSE HE WASN'T IMPUGNING THE JUDGE'S RACE.

INSTEAD, HE WAS CRITICIZING THE JUDGE'S POLITICAL ACTIVISM REGARDING MEXICAN IMMIGRATION POLICY, WHICH IS OPPOSITIONAL TO TRUMP'S IMMIGRATION POLICY AND, THEREFORE, A POTENTIAL SOURCE OF BIAS BY THE JUDGE.

I PREDICT THAT THIS CASE WILL BE DISMISSED, BUT NOT UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION.

Why did Trump feel obliged to even use the qualifier?

It is not a qualifier. It's an adjective. And as so many people have been saying that Hispanics, of which Mexican-americans are a subset of, hate TRump, Trump thought it was relevant..

Trump didn't talk about "Hispanics" or "Mexican Americans

Trump: U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel “happens to be, we believe Mexican, which is great. I think that’s fine,”

I did not say that he did.

My point, the OBVIOUS point is that your lefty accusation of racism on this incident in absurdly hypocritical, because you have all been saying that this judge, as a individual included in the group Hispanic, hates Trump, for MONTHS.
"
Your pretense that you see no connection between "Hispanics" and a "Mexican" is a lie designed to fool only the willfully gullible.

It is not my 'lefty accusation of racism'- it is the accusation of GOP House Chairman Paul Ryan

Trump didn't call the judge a Hispanic- he called him a Mexican.

If I ever said that "Mexicans hate Trump"- I would have been referring to the citizens and residents of Mexico- not a judge from the Midwest.

OK LET ME SPELL IT OUT:

INSTEAD, HE WAS CRITICIZING THE JUDGE'S POLITICAL ACTIVISM REGARDING MEXICAN IMMIGRATION POLICY, WHICH IS OPPOSITIONAL TO TRUMP'S IMMIGRATION POLICY AND, THEREFORE, A POTENTIAL SOURCE OF BIAS BY THE JUDGE.

Paul Ryan disagrees with you:
House Speaker Paul Ryan ripped Donald Trump's recent remarks saying a judge presiding over a lawsuit involving his business was biased because of his Mexican heritage as "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

And what 'political activism' by the judge?

IF Trump actually believes the judge is biased- why hasn't he asked his lawyers to have the judge recuse himself?

It is not my 'lefty accusation of racism'- it is the accusation of GOP House Chairman Paul Ryan

If I ever said that "Mexicans hate Trump"- I would have been referring to the citizens and residents of Mexico- not a judge from the Midwest.

1. Ryan is being politically correct (i.e., don't "offend" anyone).

2. Hispanic refers to race/ethnicity; Mexican does not.

3. But you do think that Trump hates Mexicans?

OK LET ME SPELL IT OUT:

Do you think saying stupid stuff in bold and caps enhances your point?

All it does is make your stupidity louder.

1. Ryan is being politically correct (i.e., don't "offend" anyone).

2. Hispanic refers to race/ethnicity; Mexican does not.

3. But you do think that Trump hates Mexicans?

1. Ryan said what he said- you want to believe that Ryan was being politically correct.
  2. Mexicans refers to people from Mexico- not from the United States. Trump is not being criticized for calling anyone Hispanic- he is being criticized for calling an American a Mexican.
  3. I don't think Trump is a racist or hates Mexican- I think that he is appealing to many of his supporters who are racists and do hate Mexicans.

OK LET ME SPELL IT OUT:

Do you think saying stupid stuff in bold and caps enhances your point?

All it does is make your stupidity louder.

LOL, your analytical abilities are apparently limited to printing options.

Of course, you probably believe that "don't do stupid stuff" is a legitimate substitute for sound public policies...

Trump is not being criticized for calling anyone Hispanic- he is being criticized for calling an American a Mexican.

So what if he was mistaken about the Judge's place of birth? Do you really think he was disputing the Judge's U.S. citizenship?

I see that since you can't provide any evidence of racism on Trump's part, you are now criticizing him for "appealing" to racists. What will you think of next?

Trump is not being criticized for calling anyone Hispanic- he is being criticized for calling an American a Mexican.

So what if he was mistaken about the Judge's place of birth? Do you really think he was disputing the Judge's U.S. citizenship?

I see that since you can't provide any evidence of racism on Trump's part, you are now criticizing him for "appealing" to racists. What will you think of next?

He was grouping the judge with all other "Mexicans" together and suggesting that all people who fit that description have certain characteristics. In this case, the characteristic was the inability to deal fairly with Donald Trump because of his proposed policies concerning illegal immigration. Impugning an entire group of people is the textbook definition of racism. If you really want to pick nits, you can claim that "Mexican" is not actually a race and that is correct. However, the concept is the same!

He was grouping the judge with all other "Mexicans" together and suggesting that all people who fit that description have certain characteristics. In this case, the characteristic was the inability to deal fairly with Donald Trump because of his proposed policies concerning illegal immigration. Impugning an entire group of people is the textbook definition of racism. If you really want to pick nits, you can claim that "Mexican" is not actually a race and that is correct. However, the concept is the same!

You make some good points. It explains why some people may feel that way, regardless of Trump's intent. I think he was concerned above the judge's political inclinations rather than his racial background (he looks quite pale, lol). But thanks for the well-reasoned comment.

Forum List

Back