CDZ Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

P.S. Please look up "ad hominem" before responding.

If you believe people are talking about Trump because he said Mexican and you believe people arent allowed to say Mexican. You are waaaay too off to speak on the subject. Or you just believe the silly things people tell you.

Either one is unacceptable

According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

it seems to me that any reference to the ethnic background of a judge-----by a defendant ----
IS REALLY DUMB

In this particular case, its incredibly ignorant.

The judge is not "Mexican". He's American.

And, from Drumpf's past, its very racist. He has made it clear that he's racist, sometimes rather comically -

Like the black family whose photo he trotted out as proof that "the blacks" like him and pointing to a black man and saying 'look at my African-American.

Let's hope this asshole keeps talking because every time he opens his mouth, he embarrasses himself with more lies, more stupidity and more racism.

it seems to me that any reference to the ethnic background of a judge-----by a defendant ----
IS REALLY DUMB

It seems to me that presuming "Mexican" to be a racist term IS REALLY DUMB.

Mexican isn't a racist term. Saying that an entire ethnic group can't be trusted is racist, or more properly, bigoted.

IS REALLY DUMB

I do not agree ----If someone referred to a judge ----sitting IN JUDGEMENT upon that
person as THE POLISH JUDGE--that would be equally DUMB----

he should not have mentioned the obvious about the guy,he should have just said that he is associated with La Raza....pointing out someones race can bring on the racial bullshit.....

he should not have mentioned the obvious about the guy,he should have just said that he is associated with La Raza....pointing out someones race can bring on the racial bullshit.....

Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?

Who claimed "Mexican" was a racist term?

P.S. Look up logical fallacy before creating a thread.

Very telling is that Drumpf never refers to "Mexican-Americans". He always says "Mexicans".

But, its not THAT La Raza.

Going to the dentist again today, must leave, so I'll let someone else explain that.

XXXX -- Mod Edit. Are you really unaware of the widespread criticism of Trump's usage of that term as racist?

Do YOU think "Mexican" is is a racist term? (Or are you intellectually limited to carping from the sidelines?)

P.S. Precisely what "logical fallacy" are you referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah, feigning ignorance once again...or is it real? Are you really unaware of the widespread criticism of Trump's usage of that term as racist?

Do YOU think "Mexican" is is a racist term? (Or are you intellectually limited to carping from the sidelines?)

I dont see any proof that someone claimed "Mexican" was a racist term. Your argument is a logical fallacy employing false attribution.

Another country? I can think of several- China, India, Japan.

Donald Trump was speaking about an American citizen- whose grandparents had come from Mexico. He is not a Mexican.
A Mexican is someone who is either from Mexico or is a Mexican citizen.
Donald Trump made the point of specifically identifying the judge as a "Mexican".
Trump owns these remarks

Who thinks that the remark was racist? Well Paul Ryan for one

House Speaker Paul Ryan ripped Donald Trump's recent remarks saying a judge presiding over a lawsuit involving his business was biased because of his Mexican heritage as "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

Ah, feigning ignorance once again...or is it real? Are you really unaware of the widespread criticism of Trump's usage of that term as racist?

Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan did

House Speaker Paul Ryan ripped Donald Trump's recent remarks saying a judge presiding over a lawsuit involving his business was biased because of his Mexican heritage as "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

IS REALLY DUMB

I guess you think that there are lots of dumb Republicans

"Claiming a person can't do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment," Ryan said at an event in Washington, D.C.

"While I oppose the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump's latest statements, in context with past attacks on Hispanics, women and the disabled like me, make it certain that I cannot and will not support my party's nominee for president regardless of the political impact on my candidacy or the Republican Party," Senator Mark Kirk of Illinois, who is in a competitive re-election race, said in a statement.

Senator Tim Scot, the only black Republican senator, called Trump's comments on the judge "racially toxic," yet said, "He needs to get on to the general election and we need to win."

Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell continued his criticism of Trump Tuesday afternoon, telling reporters that he worries about the impact of the Republican Party's relationship with Hispanics.

"My advice to our nominee is start talking to the ideas that the American people care about and start doing it now," McConnell said.

He added: "Stop attacking ... various minority groups ... and get on message."

I do not agree ----If someone referred to a judge ----sitting IN JUDGEMENT upon that
person as THE POLISH JUDGE--that would be equally DUMB----

So is "Polish" a racist term?

If Donald Trump said that he could never support Bobbie Jindal for President because Trump could never support any Indian for President- would that be a racist comment?

Great spin, you should be in politics. It's racist because he mentioned the guys race. Had he just said the guy is biased because of his affiliations, the racist tag could be argued. But as soon as he called the guy a Mexican, which he technically isn't, he is an American with Mexican heritage, he made it about race. Let it go, it's a loser for Trump.

Forum List

Back