CDZ Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?

According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

P.S. Please look up "ad hominem" before responding.

it seems to me that any reference to the ethnic background of a judge-----by a defendant ----
IS REALLY DUMB

It seems to me that presuming "Mexican" to be a racist term IS REALLY DUMB.

I guess you think that there are lots of dumb Republicans

"Claiming a person can't do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment," Ryan said at an event in Washington, D.C.

"While I oppose the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump's latest statements, in context with past attacks on Hispanics, women and the disabled like me, make it certain that I cannot and will not support my party's nominee for president regardless of the political impact on my candidacy or the Republican Party," Senator Mark Kirk of Illinois, who is in a competitive re-election race, said in a statement.

Senator Tim Scot, the only black Republican senator, called Trump's comments on the judge "racially toxic," yet said, "He needs to get on to the general election and we need to win."

Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell continued his criticism of Trump Tuesday afternoon, telling reporters that he worries about the impact of the Republican Party's relationship with Hispanics.

"My advice to our nominee is start talking to the ideas that the American people care about and start doing it now," McConnell said.

He added: "Stop attacking ... various minority groups ... and get on message."

Interesting that Rs are telling him to lie.

What? Like no one would notice? Or that anyone would believe he had suddenly become a human being?

Oh wait, some actually believe he's a Christian.

Drumpf is popular because he's a kkk racist. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another country? I can think of several- China, India, Japan.

Good for you. However, the question is whether "Chinese," "Indian" or "Japanese" are also considered to be racist terms, as is "Mexican."

he should not have mentioned the obvious about the guy,he should have just said that he is associated with La Raza....pointing out someones race can bring on the racial bullshit.....

Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?
i have to explain this?.....you cant figure out that the guy is perceived to be a racist,whether he is or not,and so mentioning the guy is a Mexican is saying WHAT to his so called enemies?...so trump should just have said the judge just might be kinda biased because of who he supports and would like him to recuse himself....

I do not agree ----If someone referred to a judge ----sitting IN JUDGEMENT upon that
person as THE POLISH JUDGE--that would be equally DUMB----

So is "Polish" a racist term?

If Donald Trump said that he could never support Bobbie Jindal for President because Trump could never support any Indian for President- would that be a racist comment?
I think the author of the thread is mixing up terms with intent and context. For example.

Bobbie Jindal is east indian. Not racist.

Bobbie Jindal could never be the POTUS because east Indians are stupid. Racist.

'Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?'

Context.

Racism manifests when referring to Mexicans as "rapists," or inferring they can't be impartial because someone exhibited racism toward Mexicans.

Another country? I can think of several- China, India, Japan.

Good for you. However, the question is whether "Chinese," "Indian" or "Japanese" are also considered to be racist terms, as is "Mexican."

They certainly can be.

I think you need to find a "Mexican" or "Chinese" or "Indian" or what the rest of us call "Americans" "Mexican American", "Chinese American", "Indian American" and walk up to them and tell them you want the opinion of a Mexican.

According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

P.S. Please look up "ad hominem" before responding.
he should not have mentioned the obvious about the guy,he should have just said that he is associated with La Raza....pointing out someones race can bring on the racial bullshit.....

But, its not THAT La Raza.

Going to the dentist again today, must leave, so I'll let someone else explain that.
i know enough about La Raza to know his "faction" would support the other "faction"...i have no doubt of that....and it may not be THAT La Raza but the name is what is going to bring out the shit that is being brought up....because whether they like it or not or whether you and i like it or not, MANY people are going to assume they are connected.... and in many ways they are....

It's the way you use it.

The hot sun gave me a redneck.

Ignorant and toothless KKK rednecks swear they aren't racist.
See?

"Racist" has joined terms such as "liberal" on the growing list of words that the Republican propaganda machine has dumbed down to meaningless. The conservative talk show host, Martin Heidegger, used to remind his listeners that "language is thought." If you can't understand a concept, then you can't use the terms that define it properly. That's OK though; when it comes to those damn beaners, it's the feeling that counts, Don't worry, Jeb will fix it.

Yep, he sure did. I just listened and watched him say the judge is Mexican. Go to the 1 minute mark of the video. He says the judge happens to be Mexican. Sorry, it is what it is.

That is exactly my point: He did not refer to the judge's race or ethnicity (Hispanic), but to his affiliation with Mexico. Read it again.

Yep, he sure did. I just listened and watched him say the judge is Mexican. Go to the 1 minute mark of the video. He says the judge happens to be Mexican. Sorry, it is what it is.

That is exactly my point: He did not refer to the judge's race or ethnicity (Hispanic), but to his affiliation with Mexico. Read it again.

What is the judge's 'affiliation' with Mexico?

I don't know what you are reading, but the video around the 1 minute mark Trump clearly says. " the judge who happens to be Mexican..."

Forum List

Back