Why Is Merely POINTING OUT Racism Worse Than ACTUAL Racism To So Many on The Right??

Save the bullshit for yourself, because that's the only person your are convincing.

Just because one states they are proud of where they're from doesn't mean they are racist. They don't have to be proud of the South because of the racial history. You're really promoting ignorance and bias.
There really is a difference between "Southern Pride" and being proud of where you are from.

Though I get that the difference escapes you.
It also amazes me how few of them know the real Confederate flag.

piehole6in.jpg

I don't fly a confederate battle flag, even though I was born in Texas and have lived most of my life in the South. The ONLY reason I won't fly it is because one of my ancestors, who also happens to bear my name, died in the civil war fighting for the union army. It has absolutely nothing to do with race. That flag represents Southern Pride to me. Not race.

"Southern Pride" Why am I thinking code phrase here?
Negged bitch!!!!
I have a phrase that isn't in code- The poster George Costanza is a fucking dumb fuck!!

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Let me point out that the democrat party is the historic party of racism. Segregationist democrat politicians like Al Gore's father voted against the "civil rights act" and I bet if you polled the KKK membership you would have found that they were all registered democrats like senator Robert Byrd of W.V.

Let me point out that the democrat party is the historic party of racism. Segregationist democrat politicians like Al Gore's father voted against the "civil rights act" and I bet if you polled the KKK membership you would have found that they were all registered democrats like senator Robert Byrd of W.V.

True. But all of that was a long, LONG time ago.

Today's party of racism is not the democratic party. Quite the opposite, the democratic party is the party that FIGHTS racism, not fosters it.

Today's party of racism is not the democratic party. Quite the opposite, the democratic party is the party that FIGHTS racism, not fosters it.

big honking bunch of bullshit.

Why do so many on the Right feel this way?

Anyone...?

It's deflection. The Republican Party is 90% white. They vote for their white candidate, openly talk about nominating a Hispanic to shore up the "Hispanic" vote and then "complain" that blacks vote for Obama.

Hahaha.

The republican party is the racist party and the Hispanics are leaving in droves.
P.S. Even the Cubans.

I grew up dirt poor, the oldest child in a large family. We grew, raised, and gathered much of what we ate. Mom sewed our clothes back then, buying fabric was a lot cheaper than it is now. Or we wore hand-me-downs. Although our family would have qualified for any number of social welfare, safety-net programs, my Dad worked two, sometimes three jobs to feed, house, and clothe us. The community was rural in ways you might not imagine, and most of the neighbors were as "disadvantaged" as my family was. While we were often embarrassed by what we lacked, we never, ever considered ourselves hopeless or helpless.

Truthfully, the fact that you had two parents who did their best to provide for you is a considerable advantage over most of the kids I've worked with over the years.

I never saw myself as advantaged until I started working with this population. It's definitely changed my perspective on gratitude.

What I do know is, what has been done thus far to change the impoverished state of some citizens has failed. There are other ways, but they require hard choices and difficult sacrifices by those who stand to gain the most. Our government and the politicians who run it are no help at all.

I agree with you on this one. Many things about this country are broken right now, and need to be repaired. Just throwing money at the problems (which is largely what we've done since the 1960s) will not fix them. There are specific actions that need to be taken, and they will take a concerted effort, and potentially cause pain and/or discomfort for many people. A lot of well intentioned programs and policies have actually contributed to the problem, and will need to be repaired or junked entirely.

Frankly, I'm not sure that either party has the stomach to do what needs to be done.

A huge part of the problem is the fact that neither party's reps have the stomach to make the tough decisions and follow through. The pols are all petrified that they might lose part of their voter base, so each party panders to those they think will vote for them.
Realistically, though, the poor have always been part of every social structure. There have always been individuals among them who will put forth the effort to improve their lot, and often the lot of those nearest to them. No matter how well-intentioned, no one can lift them out of their poverty but them.

Hahaha.

The republican party is the racist party and the Hispanics are leaving in droves.
P.S. Even the Cubans.

I thought you were a thinker jones. Ha-ha is not the proper response in an argument.

People like you keep telling yourselves that. How's it working for you?

Because it has been a constant bombardment.

Not every case of "pointing out racism" actually points to racism.

Perception of racism in every-fucking-thing, however, IS racism.

If there weren't so many "Racist!" cries, one might be able to stick from time to time.

it may well be that not every case of "pointing out racism" is actually correct. but it is also true that in almost every instance where actual racism is pointed out, the person doing so is accused of "stirring the pot" or "dividing the country" or engaging in "race baiting".

Are there instances of race-baiting? of course. But it isn't racism, for example, to stand up and protest the total negigence of a police department in investigating the death of an unarmed black teen.

And it isn't racism to want a trial of the person who caused that death.

It is, however, racist, to cheer for any possible failure of the prosecution because someone sees the trial as victimizing a white man.

See how that is.

You mean, "alleged" right?
Because the case hasn't been decided yet.

Hahaha.

P.S. Even the Cubans.

Generalizing an entire group as holding negative behavior characteristics is bigoted, and potentially racist, as well, if you're suggesting that all Republicans are white, and hence, racist.

I don't think it's very smart, either. Generalizations usually aren't.

Let me just give you a tip: You can't very well beat up on other people for negatively generalizing and stereotyping you on the basis of race when you engage in the same behavior. That's called "hypocrisy."

Forum List

Back