Why is McCain labled as a liberal?

any time you rub elbows with a Kennedy on a bill to promote "amnesty" your in danger of having liberal tendencys. There is nothing wrong with bi-partisanship, but illegal immigration is a sore subject for most conservatives.

How about his stance on illegal immigration? If that is not a policy based on liberalism and not conservatism, I don't know what is.

He supports Federal funding of embyonic stem cell research.

Or maybe the view he took on immigration was more compassionate, realistic, and practical.. instead of being racist.

I'd better stop saying nice things about him...

let's go back to talking about the economy.... he doesn't know nuffin about that.

Or maybe the view he took on immigration was more compassionate, realistic, and practical.. instead of being racist.

I'd better stop saying nice things about him...

let's go back to talking about the economy.... he doesn't know nuffin about that.

Neither do any Democrats I've seen so far. And illegal immigration plays DIRECTLY into the economy.

His illegal immigration policy is not realistic and definitely not practical, unless the end result desired is another level of impoverished Americans Democrats can support with my tax dollars.

And there's not a damned thing racist about supporting enforcing immigration laws. Aside from a few kooks, nobody gives a rat's ass who they are nor where they come from. It's the end result to this nation that matters.

It's a smear tactic. "He's not one of us, he's one of them!"

That's all.

It is not a smear tactic. He's running for office as a Republican. Republicans allegedly hold and support conservative views. If he is not going to represent what he claims to, then he is not "one of us."

It is not a smear tactic. He's running for office as a Republican. Republicans allegedly hold and support conservative views. If he is not going to represent what he claims to, then he is not "one of us."

You just made my point. I have no interest in MCain or the GOP. I merely pointed out that branding him as a "liberal" was a smear tactic. The tactic is, "He's not one us, he's one of them." You seem to have grasped the use of the tactic.

Yeah, it is a smear tactic.

McCain is predominantly conservative, as anyone can see by looking at his entire career and record. But some people want to cherry pick a few issues where his views are more liberal and then pretend that he's just a liberal all around. So they slap the label on him.

How about his stance on illegal immigration? If that is not a policy based on liberalism and not conservatism, I don't know what is.

He supports Federal funding of embyonic stem cell research.

So these two thing alone make him a "librul." Reagan supported AIDS research at a time when AIDS was considered a homosexual disease. Was Reagan a liberal?

So these two thing alone make him a "librul." Reagan supported AIDS research at a time when AIDS was considered a homosexual disease. Was Reagan a liberal?

Like Richard Nixon before him, Ronald Reagan couldn't get nominated now, much less elected. The rabid religious right only understands legistlating their beliefs into law and won't accept anyone who believes in science.

He was against the tax cuts before he was for the tax cuts.

That seems to be a key, if not the only, issue in the republican party. Voodoo economics has risen to be a true religion.

Err only liberals think that homosexuals shouldn't be infected with a disease that will kill them?

I sure hope not...

And Reagan did jack shit about the AIDS epidemic.

McCain violated one of the cardinal foundations of conservatism when he voted against the Bush tax cuts. He violated another when he chose to not protect the traditional definition of marriage via the Constitution, and his choice to offer amnesty to 12 to 20 million illegals and doing little or nothing to stop millions more to follow was just about the last straw for conservatives. His cozyness with high level Democrats has also raised a lot of eyebrows, and McCain/Feingold still remains a thorn in the GOP side as a symbol of First Amendment infringement. Would McCain appoint a judge who would overturn McCain/Feingold as such an infringement?

Overall he is far more conservative than liberal. It is on these highly visible and emotionally charged issues that he has gone left of center. It remains to be seen if enough Republicans will forgive him enough to vote for him rather than allow a radically liberal Democrat to be elected President.

"Nowhere is McCain's chicanery and duplicity more jeopardous than in the area of the right to keep and bear arms. On issues relating to the Second Amendment, John McCain is a disaster! For example, the highly respected Gun Owners of America (GOA) rates McCain with a grade of F-. McCain's failing grade is well deserved.

John McCain sponsored an amendment to S. 1805 on March 2, 2004 that would outlaw the private sale of firearms at gun shows. According to GOA, the provision would effectively eliminate gun shows, because every member of an organization sponsoring a gun show could be imprisoned if the organization fails to notify each and every "person who attends the special firearms event of the requirements [under the Brady Law]."

John McCain also sponsored an Incumbent Protection provision to the so-called "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, which severely curtails the ability of outside groups (such as GOA) to communicate the actions of incumbent politicians to members and supporters prior to an election.

The GOA report of the 106th Congress reveals that out of 15 votes relating to the right to keep and bear arms, Senator John McCain voted favorably only 4 times. Put that into a percentage and McCain's pro-Second Amendment voting record is a pathetic 27%.

In addition, GOA warns that John McCain supported legislation that would force federal agents to increase efforts in arresting and convicting honest gun owners who may inadvertently violate one of the many federal anti-gun laws, which punish mere technicalities, such as gun possession.

For example, if John McCain's proposed legislation were to become law, a gun owner who travels with a gun through a school zone or who uses one of the family handguns to go target shooting with a 15-year old could be sent to prison. And a person who uses a gun for self-defense could be sent to prison for a mandatory minimum of five years.

But there is so much more to the McCain madness.

Former California State Senator H.L. "Bill" Richardson wrote this about John McCain, "He's [McCain's] proven his dislike for conservatives and would gut us at every opportunity.

"Why do I say that? Because of three decades of experience as a Republican California Senator and a fifty year activist in the conservative movement. I have first hand, in-their-face experience with elitist RINO's (Republican in Name Only) office holders. They are biblically ignorant, power hungry, status seeking egotists who have no difficulty aiding their liberal Democrat colleagues whenever their arms are politely twisted. The one thing they have in common with liberal Democrats is their dislike for all conservatives, especially those who are Bible-believing. McCain, as president, would stifle the voices of elected Republican leaders and try to legislate the conservative movement out of existence."

Senator Richardson went on to say that he would in no way vote for John McCain, if indeed McCain is the Republican nominee (which he obviously will be).

I wonder how many gun owners and other professing pro-freedom Americans have already fallen victim to McCain's phony conservative campaign? Do they not realize that they are giving a rope to the hangman? And that they--conservatives and gun owners--are the ones who McCain will send to the gallows? What is wrong with the American people these days? Have they not been betrayed enough by these phony conservative Republicans?

For example,..."

full article at
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin430.htm

He was against the tax cuts before he was for the tax cuts.

That seems to be a key, if not the only, issue in the republican party. Voodoo economics has risen to be a true religion.

In McCain's defense, his reasons for not supporting the tax cuts were that they were not accompanied by spending cuts. That is the basic tenet to claiming conservatism, but I personally don't see McCain as being very fiscally responsible to begin with.

He's only for the tax cuts NOW, because he knows conservatives WANT him to be for them.

McCain's main problem is that he's nothing special, nothing new, nothing that hasn't been seen before in politics for decades...he's just a typical pandering politician. He has no substance.

"Nowhere is McCain's chicanery and duplicity more jeopardous than in the area of the right to keep and bear arms. On issues relating to the Second Amendment, John McCain is a disaster! For example, the highly respected Gun Owners of America (GOA) rates McCain with a grade of F-. McCain's failing grade is well deserved.

John McCain sponsored an amendment to S. 1805 on March 2, 2004 that would outlaw the private sale of firearms at gun shows. According to GOA, the provision would effectively eliminate gun shows, because every member of an organization sponsoring a gun show could be imprisoned if the organization fails to notify each and every "person who attends the special firearms event of the requirements [under the Brady Law]."

John McCain also sponsored an Incumbent Protection provision to the so-called "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, which severely curtails the ability of outside groups (such as GOA) to communicate the actions of incumbent politicians to members and supporters prior to an election.

The GOA report of the 106th Congress reveals that out of 15 votes relating to the right to keep and bear arms, Senator John McCain voted favorably only 4 times. Put that into a percentage and McCain's pro-Second Amendment voting record is a pathetic 27%.

In addition, GOA warns that John McCain supported legislation that would force federal agents to increase efforts in arresting and convicting honest gun owners who may inadvertently violate one of the many federal anti-gun laws, which punish mere technicalities, such as gun possession.

For example, if John McCain's proposed legislation were to become law, a gun owner who travels with a gun through a school zone or who uses one of the family handguns to go target shooting with a 15-year old could be sent to prison. And a person who uses a gun for self-defense could be sent to prison for a mandatory minimum of five years.

But there is so much more to the McCain madness.

Former California State Senator H.L. "Bill" Richardson wrote this about John McCain, "He's [McCain's] proven his dislike for conservatives and would gut us at every opportunity.

"Why do I say that? Because of three decades of experience as a Republican California Senator and a fifty year activist in the conservative movement. I have first hand, in-their-face experience with elitist RINO's (Republican in Name Only) office holders. They are biblically ignorant, power hungry, status seeking egotists who have no difficulty aiding their liberal Democrat colleagues whenever their arms are politely twisted. The one thing they have in common with liberal Democrats is their dislike for all conservatives, especially those who are Bible-believing. McCain, as president, would stifle the voices of elected Republican leaders and try to legislate the conservative movement out of existence."

Senator Richardson went on to say that he would in no way vote for John McCain, if indeed McCain is the Republican nominee (which he obviously will be).

I wonder how many gun owners and other professing pro-freedom Americans have already fallen victim to McCain's phony conservative campaign? Do they not realize that they are giving a rope to the hangman? And that they--conservatives and gun owners--are the ones who McCain will send to the gallows? What is wrong with the American people these days? Have they not been betrayed enough by these phony conservative Republicans?

For example,..."

full article at
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin430.htm

Chuck Baldwin is an idiot. It looks to me that McCain is pretty gun friendly. My source is actually credible.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/John_McCain_Gun_Control.htm

McCain's main problem is that he's nothing special, nothing new, nothing that hasn't been seen before in politics for decades...he's just a typical pandering politician. He has no substance.

This is government, not American Idol. We don't need new and fresh. We need experience. We need leadership. This is what McCain brings to the table.

Forum List

Back