Why is McCain labled as a liberal?

This is government, not American Idol. We don't need new and fresh. We need experience. We need leadership. This is what McCain brings to the table.

We don't need new and fresh. Ok. We need the same old corrupt politicians promising things they'll never come through on.

Gotcha.

We don't need new and fresh. Ok. We need the same old corrupt politicians promising things they'll never come through on.

Gotcha.

Polticians wouldn't have to promise things if the populace did not have unreasonbly high expectatons for them. It is a two way street. You also assume that all politicians are corrupt. You what they say about the word assume. ASS+U+ME

Polticians wouldn't have to promise things if the populace did not have unreasonbly high expectatons for them. It is a two way street. You also assume that all politicians are corrupt. You what they say about the word assume. ASS+U+ME

At the National level? You betcha. Corrupt as Hell. The only ones that get that far without being corrupt ar anomalies.

It is not a smear tactic. He's running for office as a Republican. Republicans allegedly hold and support conservative views. If he is not going to represent what he claims to, then he is not "one of us."

Republicans USED to stand for that...once upon a time. This last batch is the biggest spending collection of people this country has ever seen.

This is government, not American Idol. We don't need new and fresh. We need experience. We need leadership. This is what McCain brings to the table.

We need McCain because we will have a Democratic Congress. That way we have more gridlock. And America functions best when Washington can do NOTHING, because it means they largely leave us all alone. Which is a GOOD thing.

How about his stance on illegal immigration? If that is not a policy based on liberalism and not conservatism, I don't know what is.

He supports Federal funding of embyonic stem cell research.

I don't think conservatives have a problem with ESC, it's just the far right that's so angry about it.

I think if mccain didn't have his head up his ass about Iraq, then he could be a decent candidate. Oh yeah, and he'd have to not be retarded on the economy, by his own admission.

Well, actually I guess he's pretty much Bush III.

Loves Iraq
Loves spending
Loves immigrants
Stupid on the economy

I guess the only difference is that he doesn't love torture, unlike president waterboard.

I don't think conservatives have a problem with ESC, it's just the far right that's so angry about it.

I think if mccain didn't have his head up his ass about Iraq, then he could be a decent candidate. Oh yeah, and he'd have to not be retarded on the economy, by his own admission.

Well, actually I guess he's pretty much Bush III.

Loves Iraq
Loves spending
Loves immigrants
Stupid on the economy

I guess the only difference is that he doesn't love torture, unlike president waterboard.

Why does it matter how knowledgable a President is about the economy since the President has NO impact on anything economical? Name one thing the President has power over that affects the economy other than appointing the Chairman of the Federal Reserve? Just one. Congress makes fiscal policy, not the Pres. ANd even that is usually pointless.

"We need McCain because we will have a Democratic Congress. That way we have more gridlock. And America functions best when Washington can do NOTHING, because it means they largely leave us all alone. Which is a GOOD thing."
when the choices for president come from the Washington establishment I think this is a good plan!!!!
Most Americans are affraid of change. Young people who love to hear Obama say the word just want something different than their parents by nature. Ron Paul is the REAL change candidate but he is not even given a seat at the table by major media. He has proposals for change not just a slogan as Obama does. This is NOT my endorcement for any candidate or against one either . just a simple mans observation. I'm for RADICAL change on a trial basis as was proposed by Ross Perot. Try it out on a limited basis. if it works.. use it. Nothing works for every state. That was the koolAide he sold. Mike Huckabee has some radical plans but America is not up for real change just the notion of it.

Name one thing the President has power over that affects the economy other than appointing the Chairman of the Federal Reserve? Just one. Congress makes fiscal policy, not the Pres. ANd even that is usually pointless.

Does the president not have the last say in what bills become law?

If the president was well-versed economically, and his advisors as well, he'd be hard pressed to sign bills that would HURT the economy.

Don't tell me that a president doesn't need to know economics.

If he were ever elected, he won't be hopefully, he will do exactly what he wants to do. He will be able to and will tell anyone who disagrees with him, either conservative or liberal, to stick it in their ear.

This is is last hurrah, and he would love to tell those who don't see his point of view to piss off.

All these last years of having to kiss up to Bush and the far right will now see the payback years.

If he were ever elected, he won't be hopefully, he will do exactly what he wants to do. He will be able to and will tell anyone who disagrees with him, either conservative or liberal, to stick it in their ear.

This is is last hurrah, and he would love to tell those who don't see his point of view to piss off.

All these last years of having to kiss up to Bush and the far right will now see the payback years.

McCain is known to bark at his opposers, and use foul language. He doesn't do very well with disagreement. Imagine him as the CIC, where NO ONE can tell him what to do.

The guy pretty much scares the shit out of me. He's been in a POW camp being tortured everyday for years. That's got to have taken a toll on his mental state. He's admitted hatred in his heart for "the gooks", as he put it.

I'm at a loss for how America has chosen this man as their GOP nominee.

"We need McCain because we will have a Democratic Congress. That way we have more gridlock. And America functions best when Washington can do NOTHING, because it means they largely leave us all alone. Which is a GOOD thing."
when the choices for president come from the Washington establishment I think this is a good plan!!!!
Most Americans are affraid of change. Young people who love to hear Obama say the word just want something different than their parents by nature. Ron Paul is the REAL change candidate but he is not even given a seat at the table by major media. He has proposals for change not just a slogan as Obama does. This is NOT my endorcement for any candidate or against one either . just a simple mans observation. I'm for RADICAL change on a trial basis as was proposed by Ross Perot. Try it out on a limited basis. if it works.. use it. Nothing works for every state. That was the koolAide he sold. Mike Huckabee has some radical plans but America is not up for real change just the notion of it.

It isn't about being afraid of change so much as what that change is, if it even happens. How many candidates have promised change and how many of them have delivered?

As soon as the election is over, it's back to business as usual, and anyone who tries to stray too far out of the box ends up getting smacked back into it.

I disagree. A President that is an outsider to the bureaucracy and won't play ball can't accomplish much, and if he pisses Congress off enough that they are willing to forego partisanship to put him in his place, they can push whatever they please and override his vetoes.

But then, that would mean Congress would have to actually do something besides investigate who's using steroids.:eusa_whistle:

No, I think America definitely wants change, but they aren't critical enough of each candidate to decide who's really going to affect that change. Not to mention, we couldn't agree on the change this country needs as a whole if our lives depended on it.

Obama can get away with using the slogan, because he has no record to prove that he has ever changed anything or not. Americans are basically taking a blind shot at actually getting the change, with him.

The only candidate that you KNOW you'd get change from is Paul. His record indicates every kind of change that could possibly happen in this country. The problem is, people were programmed by the media to accept #1, he's a "kook", and #2, he's unelectable. Those 2 things killed his candidacy, just like how those same 2 things kill ANY candidacy. We have the media to thank every election for who gets into office.

Like Jeffex said, insititute some of that REAL change and see what happens. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. At least you can say you tried, and came through on your promise.

Why does it matter how knowledgable a President is about the economy since the President has NO impact on anything economical? Name one thing the President has power over that affects the economy other than appointing the Chairman of the Federal Reserve? Just one. Congress makes fiscal policy, not the Pres. ANd even that is usually pointless.

Taxes!:clap2:

Your just kidding right...........................GATT, NAFTA, CAFTA :eusa_wall: ..................NO NO YOUR RIGHT nothing economical at all about them except the destruction of ours...............:rolleyes: :eusa_think: :eusa_drool:

I disagree. A President that is an outsider to the bureaucracy and won't play ball can't accomplish much, and if he pisses Congress off enough that they are willing to forego partisanship to put him in his place, they can push whatever they please and override his vetoes.

But then, that would mean Congress would have to actually do something besides investigate who's using steroids.:eusa_whistle:

McCain is also human meaning that he is going to care whether he is perceived to have succeeded or failed. Bill Clinton's largest failure was in achieving no legacy or major achievement that will be noted in history. History will even show that he resisted a balanced budget and welfare reform, two major accomplishments on his watch, but made possible by a determined conservative GOP controlled Congress that dragged him into those arenas. He gets credit for this being on his watch. But he can't show that it was initiated or proposed by him.

Unless something happens in the next 9 months, Bush will be able to say that he secured our national security after 9/11 and has kept us safe from terrorist attacks and this will at least partially offset his blunders in other areas.

McCain is going to want a favorable legacy too and is politically savvy enough to know he has to have cooperation from Congress to get anything accomplished. And that that means he has to have significant public support. That should help rein in his volatile temper and modify his maverick tendencies.

Forum List

Back