Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

Why is it necessary for anyone to proselytize? Either your faith is attractive to others or it isn't.

Because you don't know if the religion is attractive unless someone tells you about it.

If you were about to walk off a cliff and someone else knew it. Would you expect them to keep silent about it?

If you love people, and you want everyone to be a part of a wonderful thing, then you are obligated to share the Word. It's part of being a worthy person. Worthy people sacrifice themselves, and share. They will risk their own lives to help others.

And missionaries do risk their lives, and have always been slaughtered here and there. As have Catholic nuns and priests.

People don't turn themselves into targets and risk their reputations on something they don't believe in. And if a person believes there is a Heaven, and God, and there is one sure way to get into it, and that one thing doesn't involve hurting anyone at all, why on earth wouldn't they do it?

Once again, ther question: if you want or need a seemless culture in which all things are as you wish, from a religion standpoint, christians everywhere in the US can have it. Why is it a problem then to coexist with us non-christians respectfully?

Because your terms "coexist" and "respectfully" are defined differently by you and I.

You define coexist as "shut up Christians while we say whatever we want" and my definition is "you say what you have to say and I'll say what I have to say."

And respect is only respect if I listen to you tear me apart and then praise you for it and then shut up once again.

You impart motives to me I don't have, The Light. I even think there are things worth admiring about christianity, sometimes. What I don't admire is bullying non-christians.....is that so hard to understand?

And anyway, how does that advance the Op? Even if you feel that I personally would rather never hear another christian speak of their faith, how does that translate into "atheists evangelizing"? I ain't even an atheist!

Why is it necessary for anyone to proselytize? Either your faith is attractive to others or it isn't.

Because you don't know if the religion is attractive unless someone tells you about it.

If you were about to walk off a cliff and someone else knew it. Would you expect them to keep silent about it?
Couldn't Atheists use that same argument?

They see you are brainwashed and want you to think for yourselves. It seems believers on this thread think they should they keep quiet.

Except atheists aren't proposing anything good. Why is it important to reveal to people they've been duped, they're innately stupid, and there's no hope of life after death? There is no positive side to it. It isn't as if by revealing to people the futility of their faith you are opening a new and wonderful pathway for people. You're just closing a door.

Christians have something beautiful to offer...a way of life that is positive and good, concrete goals to work toward, and the promise of eternal life. Not just eternal life, either...but eternal life in bliss, surrounded by love.

Why is it so important to atheists to make people miserable, and why is it so important that everyone think like them, if there's no good that comes out of it?

I'm not an atheist, Allie, but I do not believe there's an afterlife. I cannot tell you the peace this gives me. No angst about where the loved ones who have already died may be. None about where I am going. Knowing that eventually, all fear and anxiety will end.

I appreciate that your faith brings you happiness, and yes, I understand the desire to see others happy. But I think you err in believing that no one who does not share your faith has joy of their own, in their own beliefs. And you fail to take into account the loss and sadness we feel when you remind us that you and I are separated by a gulf of belief, and thus, cannot share some of life's most important moments.

What I want from christians is simple: I want to be respected and admired, if I am respectable and admirable. I want to be allowed to live as I wish, unmolested. I don't want to have to shove anyone over to raise my family as I wish.

I don't want to have to fear you.

Atheists are just as delusional as theists: they both believe in something that they have no chance of ever proving. Agnostic is the only sane path to be on: there could be a god, but so far no ones proven shit either way.

Atheists are just as delusional as theists: they both believe in something that they have no chance of ever proving. Agnostic is the only sane path to be on: there could be a god, but so far no ones proven shit either way.
Actually I would say the opposite. I like theists more than agnostics as they have a clear idea of where their mind is and what they believe in, but agnostics aren't really in the middle as they either lean towards theism or atheism more.

Actually I would say the opposite. I like theists more than agnostics as they have a clear idea of where their mind is and what they believe in, but agnostics aren't really in the middle as they either lean towards theism or atheism more.

I can't believe in something that's made up, with no actual proof, I lean neither way. You like people who are living in a delusion, enjoy.

I can't believe in something that's made up, with no actual proof, I lean neither way. You like people who are living in a delusion, enjoy.
Actually nothing even agnosticism can be totally proven, we could all not exist. But then sanity and common sense comes into action.

Actually nothing even agnosticism can be totally proven, we could all not exist. But then sanity and common sense comes into action.

I agree, you don't exist.

Couldn't Atheists use that same argument?

They see you are brainwashed and want you to think for yourselves. It seems believers on this thread think they should they keep quiet.

Except atheists aren't proposing anything good. Why is it important to reveal to people they've been duped, they're innately stupid, and there's no hope of life after death? There is no positive side to it. It isn't as if by revealing to people the futility of their faith you are opening a new and wonderful pathway for people. You're just closing a door.

Christians have something beautiful to offer...a way of life that is positive and good, concrete goals to work toward, and the promise of eternal life. Not just eternal life, either...but eternal life in bliss, surrounded by love.

Why is it so important to atheists to make people miserable, and why is it so important that everyone think like them, if there's no good that comes out of it?
How exactly is thinking with a clear open mind a negative?

And the "bliss" of eternal loneliness is hardly desirable to the clear thinking mind.

Chronologically, Adam was not separated from God by sin until AFTER Eve was created. So before Eve was created, Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The bible says that in heaven we will have no mate, so heaven will be the eternal loneliness of being one with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
- Isaac Asimov

It's funny when people use God's Word to prove He doesn't exist. :lol:
God you are ignorant!

The quotes show that the ONLY man to know what it was like to be in a in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God was declared to be so "alone" it was "not good" by no less of an authority than God himself.

Get it?

Last edited:
Once again, ther question: if you want or need a seemless culture in which all things are as you wish, from a religion standpoint, christians everywhere in the US can have it. Why is it a problem then to coexist with us non-christians respectfully?

Because your terms "coexist" and "respectfully" are defined differently by you and I.

You define coexist as "shut up Christians while we say whatever we want" and my definition is "you say what you have to say and I'll say what I have to say."

And respect is only respect if I listen to you tear me apart and then praise you for it and then shut up once again.

I've not seen Madeline tell Christians to shut up. Truth is I don't feel as a non-Christian free to point out any political grievance I have with any Christian. Airing ones grievances is not Christian bashing.

I have the greatest respect for Christ's teachings. I never criticize the teachings of Christ, I speak about the actions of some extremists who claim to be his followers.

Last edited:

I've not seen Madeline tell Christians to shut up. I don't feel as a non-Christian free to point out any political grievance I have with any Christian.

I have the greatest respect for Christ's teachings. I never criticize the teachings of Christ, just the actions of some who claim to be followers.

Based on the evidense at hand and what people were allowed to believe 1500 years ago Christianity and a single god as opposed to several dozen idols previous to Jezzzuuusss was sort of an advancement in human understanding of the universe. At best it could be described as a work in progress. It wasn't until the last hundred years that we knew of galaxies beyond our own milky way. Since we know for certain the universe is expanding...even excellerating outward in all directions the big bang is a fact.

I don't want christians to shut up. I want them to wake up!. 2,000 years and tears ago the model was wrong...deal with it! WE WERE WRONG!!!! GET OVER IT!

God you are ignorant!

The quotes show that the ONLY man to know what it was like to be in a in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God was declared to be so "alone" it was "not good" by no less of an authority than God himself.

Get it?
Yeah, I get it. Your flawed interpretation of the Bible outweighs centuries of scholars who say otherwise.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Agnosticism as a philosophical position doesn't mean you're in the middle or undecided on something (it may be used colloquially to mean this but that's just an incorrect usage). Agnosticism is a bit more nuanced that that. It's a statement about knowledge, whereas theism (and atheism, for that matter) is an expression of knowledge, or at least a personal assertion that preference/world view is a reasonable substitute for knowledge.

God you are ignorant!

Get it?
Yeah, I get it. Your flawed interpretation of the Bible outweighs centuries of scholars who say otherwise.

My profound observation is based on the chronological order of events given in the bible. Adam was not separated from God by sin until Eve gave him the forbidden fruit to eat, so during the time BEFORE Eve existed Adam was without sin and one with God and ALONE.

And no scholars say anything about Adam being alone while he was without sin and one with God, because I am the only person in history to make that observation.

Please prove me wrong and link to the scholarship on the matter.

The events described in Genesis are not real to all of us. Some of us don't accept that they could have happened, and just think it's a story. To argue about them would be like arguing about the Story of Goldilocks.

God you are ignorant!

Get it?

My profound observation is based on the chronological order of events given in the bible. Adam was not separated from God by sin until Eve gave him the forbidden fruit to eat, so during the time BEFORE Eve existed Adam was without sin and one with God and ALONE.

And no scholars say anything about Adam being alone while he was without sin and one with God, because I am the only person in history to make that observation.

Please prove me wrong and link to the scholarship on the matter.
:lol:

No, really, let me check...nope, sorry, I still believe in God.

Let me know when you've convinced anyone to abandon their faith, mmmkay? :lol:

Forum List

Back