Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

Really, why?

If G-d doesn't exist then why do you spend soooo much time and resources writing books and movies, posting on message boards, etc... to slander a god that doesn't exist.

I mean really, why not divide your time between G-d and Santa Clause?

I don't see the harm in writing books or posting on message boards, The Light. No atheist has ever banged on my front door or leafleted my car. You aren't interested in a topic, don't read the book (or thread).

Exactly, if you don't want to read the leaflet, don't read it. For example there are plenty of window washing leaflets that get left on car windows. There is one simple solution to those. Put em in da trash.:lol: ;)

Atheism has it's church. It is called the school system. And just to think... Attendance is mandatory. Talk about brain washing.

Maybe atheists just have questions, or want to reach out to other like-minded people. Maybe the subject interests them.

Has anyone ever explained the difference between "." and "?" to you? <~ There is one right there ;)

I usually keep my questions about the easter bunny and Santa to myself by the way.

Why should people who do not believe in God have to hide that?

They shouldn't. Nor should Christians. That is exactly my point though. You seem to be offended at me mentioning this because you assume I want to silence athiests the same as you would like to silence Christians. I prefer open debate. That way the truth cannot be silenced.

If you take some time you might realize i was asking you a question. That's what that little thing at the end of my sentence indicates. So what explanation is warranted?

I do not listen to Rush Limbaugh you idiot.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. It seems you listen to him more than anyone on this board because you seem to have a gigabyte worth of his quotes stored on your hard drive.

Do you really think Rush is the only person to ask that question regarding the big bang theory? And you do realize it is still only a theory don't you?
"SO" you think that after making a statement that begins with "so" and putting a "?" at the end that covers your ass? :lol:

And I'm sure there are many morons stupid enough to parrot LimpTard just like you did.

If you could pay attention to what your MessiahRushie said, he ended up contradicting himself. That "tiny little speck of ALMOST nothing" was only ALL THE ENERGY OF THE UNIVERSE, which is definitely SOMETHING and not nothing!!!!!!!

You listen to Rush not me jack Ass. I have never once tuned in to his radio show because I happen to be too busy working.

The big bang theory is just a theory. There is no proof. It is pure speculation as to what the singularity was and where it came from. If it existed at all.

Princeton - Physics - New Theory Provides Alternative to Big Bang

It is far more than simple conjecture though. It is based on observable fact and scientific law. I do like the liked article though, it is a good picture of a likely alternative. I never have truly bought into the big bang because there is simply too much that is unknown and this version is more elegant than the big bang. That just goes to show you though, scientific theories are not facts and can be changed or thrown out when the evidence calls for it.

the light
Atheism has it's church. It is called the school system. And just to think... Attendance is mandatory. Talk about brain washing.
Bullshit - school is separate from religion but it does not teach atheism. Just because it does not teach your faith does not make it atheist. Would you rather Islamic creation theory taught? Religion is a personal choice and needs to be taught at home, science is a necessary tool in today's world and belongs in the classroom. It is as simple as that. Atheism is no more in schools than Christianity and that is the way it needs to stay.

How can giving up your natural sense of reason and truth not be dangerous?

Well it certainly is if you are in a position to legislate those beleifs or dictate them on others. But to just beleive something I would say it's not dangerous. That's like saying it's dangerous to beleive in the tooth fairy or the lochness monster.

You did not dream up the concept of "God". At some point in your life someone convinced you that an invisible all knowing all powerful entity was in control of your life and you are not. They convinced you of eternity. All this to serve them and not yourself. If you finally wake up to the fact that there is no god or eternity you will discover you are wasting what little time you have.

Well I definetly don't see the rationality in buying in to the whole, "Christian God that supposedly inspired the bible", jargon. But I can see a positive in beleiveing in a higher power that isn't all knowing, all powerful, all loving, or everywhere at once. I mean, if you can beleive in a God like that, it really tears through the armor of the contradictions of Christianity. A God *could* very well exist that created us, but it has nothing to do with us in the here and now. I just don't see how scientists can say with a straight face that the very brains that are capable of intelligent designs are not intelligently designed themselves.

Really, why?

If G-d doesn't exist then why do you spend soooo much time and resources writing books and movies, posting on message boards, etc... to slander a god that doesn't exist.

Funny, I've never had Atheists come to my door and try to preach to me. I've never had Atheists shouting from street corners. I've never had Atheists hand out literature or flowers or Watchtowers. I've never seen Atheists holding up signs saying I was going to Hell.

Funny that.

ID is comparable to many theories taught in school. It's evidence that anti-christians are winning the war to restrict religious freedom that theories which support the existence of God are held to a different standard than any wacked out theory that challenges the existence of God.

The Church of the FSM makes as much sense...if not more sense than your ID stuff.

If you take some time you might realize i was asking you a question. That's what that little thing at the end of my sentence indicates. So what explanation is warranted?

I do not listen to Rush Limbaugh you idiot.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. It seems you listen to him more than anyone on this board because you seem to have a gigabyte worth of his quotes stored on your hard drive.

Do you really think Rush is the only person to ask that question regarding the big bang theory? And you do realize it is still only a theory don't you?
"SO" you think that after making a statement that begins with "so" and putting a "?" at the end that covers your ass? :lol:

And I'm sure there are many morons stupid enough to parrot LimpTard just like you did.

If you could pay attention to what your MessiahRushie said, he ended up contradicting himself. That "tiny little speck of ALMOST nothing" was only ALL THE ENERGY OF THE UNIVERSE, which is definitely SOMETHING and not nothing!!!!!!!

You listen to Rush not me jack Ass. I have never once tuned in to his radio show because I happen to be too busy working.

The big bang theory is just a theory. There is no proof. It is pure speculation as to what the singularity was and where it came from. If it existed at all.

Princeton - Physics - New Theory Provides Alternative to Big Bang
this is what I love about CON$. Whenever they are caught lying they always change the subject and pretend they didn't say what they said.

I said creation violated the FLoT and you parroted your MessiahRushie and said the Big Bang violates the FLoT ALSO.

Nowhere in your link or in M-Theory, which I'm sure you know nothing about, does it say that the Big Bang violated the FLoT.

Just because there are alternate theories to the Big Bang does not mean that the Big Bang violates the FLoT, moron! Sheeesh.

Originally Posted by Skull Pilot:

So the big bang theory also violates the first law of thermodynamics?

Really, why?

Funny, I've never had Atheists come to my door and try to preach to me. I've never had Atheists shouting from street corners. I've never had Atheists hand out literature or flowers or Watchtowers. I've never seen Atheists holding up signs saying I was going to Hell.

Funny that.

Santa comes into people's homes every year. Talk about invasive.:eek:

And you never got an invatation to sit on Santa's lap? You must have been a realy bad boy.:eusa_eh:

the light
Bullshit - school is separate from religion but it does not teach atheism. Just because it does not teach your faith does not make it atheist. Would you rather Islamic creation theory taught? Religion is a personal choice and needs to be taught at home, science is a necessary tool in today's world and belongs in the classroom. It is as simple as that. Atheism is no more in schools than Christianity and that is the way it needs to stay.

School is separate from religion. It's also allegedly separate from political bias. Well we know that's a crock of shit.

If you don't allow people to observe their religion in public, you are denying religious freedom. If schools don't allow children to adhere to their religion and discuss their religion at school, then the school is being oppressive. Currently, there's a policy of teaching scientific theory as if it's all cut and dried...while leaving out the theory that there's an equally well supported theory that involves a creator. Christians don't mind the fact that theories or taught. It would just be nice if they were identified as theories, and if theories other than the teacher's pet theories be taught as well.

the light
Bullshit - school is separate from religion but it does not teach atheism. Just because it does not teach your faith does not make it atheist.

It teaches evolutionism and the big bang. Both of which are contrary to the Bible.

Would you rather Islamic creation theory taught?

No, I would rather none of them taught.

Religion is a personal choice and needs to be taught at home, science is a necessary tool in today's world and belongs in the classroom.

Right

It is as simple as that. Atheism is no more in schools than Christianity and that is the way it needs to stay.

Wrong

Really, why?

For non believers in mysticism, it never comes up until the believers push it into your face and try to ram it down your throat.

Really, why?

For non believers in mysticism, it never comes up until the believers push it into your face and try to ram it down your throat.

Well, Let's see, Santa's claims are pretty bold, yet no one writes anti-Santa books.

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
He sees you when you're sleeping :eek:
He knows when you're awake :eek:
He knows if you've been bad or good :eek:
So be good for goodness sake!
O! You better watch out! :eek:
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town :eek:

I guess the truth is, we know Santa isn't real, but we know G-d is and think that somehow he won't show up if we write enough books dismissing him from our conscience.

Why is it necessary for anyone to proselytize? Either your faith is attractive to others or it isn't.

Really, why?

Well, Let's see, Santa's claims are pretty bold, yet no one writes anti-Santa books.

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
He sees you when you're sleeping :eek:
He knows when you're awake :eek:
He knows if you've been bad or good :eek:
So be good for goodness sake!
O! You better watch out! :eek:
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town :eek:

I guess the truth is, we know Santa isn't real, but we know G-d is and think that somehow he won't show up if we write enough books dismissing him from our conscience.
Gee, nobody comes to my door or calls me on the phone or accosts me on the street telling me I'm going to suffer horribly for eternity if I don't accept Santa as my LORD and MASTER and give them 10% of everything I have for the rest of my life.

Most athiests are better people than most christians or muslims. We don't like being lied to and hate seeing others lied to. I for one feel like organized religion degrades humans, misinforms and plays on that misinformation to make it appear that there is some kind of justfication for what otherwise would be considered a criminal fraud.

No one of sound mind choses to fall for religious bullshit. Children are indoctrinated before they have enough sense to reject doctrine for the fantasys they are. The humorous "converts" are the ones that turn to jesus when they are at a low point in their lives.. Ya that's a valid sell. HMMMmm....??? Let's see...suicide or Jesus??? You people kill me. I could start a better religion with monkeys.

It seems you get very emotional about something you don't even believe in. It is too funny all the energy non-believers waste on insulting Christians. The fact of the matter is, there is nothing in your insults or simple minded statements that will turn a Christian from their beliefs. But you keep on wasting energy and getting emotional about the evil Christians:lol:

Most athiests are better people than most christians or muslims. We don't like being lied to and hate seeing others lied to. I for one feel like organized religion degrades humans, misinforms and plays on that misinformation to make it appear that there is some kind of justfication for what otherwise would be considered a criminal fraud.

No one of sound mind choses to fall for religious bullshit. Children are indoctrinated before they have enough sense to reject doctrine for the fantasys they are. The humorous "converts" are the ones that turn to jesus when they are at a low point in their lives.. Ya that's a valid sell. HMMMmm....??? Let's see...suicide or Jesus??? You people kill me. I could start a better religion with monkeys.

It seems you get very emotional about something you don't even believe in. It is too funny all the energy non-believers waste on insulting Christians. The fact of the matter is, there is nothing in your insults or simple minded statements that will turn a Christian from their beliefs. But you keep on wasting energy and getting emotional about the evil Christians:lol:

A decent human tries to help others. I'll decide what a waste of my time is.

Really, why?

God may not exist, but you definitely do, and you can be damned annoying when you harass me because your book told you to.

Last edited:
the light
Bullshit - school is separate from religion but it does not teach atheism. Just because it does not teach your faith does not make it atheist.

It teaches evolutionism and the big bang. Both of which are contrary to the Bible.
They also teach the FLoT, AKA, the Law of Conservation of Energy.
How dare they teach any science in school! There is no reason for anyone to know anything about science anyway, it is a completely useless study. :cuckoo:

And they shouldn't teach english in school either. If people learn english they might, God forbid, read a book about science. :lol:

the light

School is separate from religion. It's also allegedly separate from political bias. Well we know that's a crock of shit.

If you don't allow people to observe their religion in public, you are denying religious freedom. If schools don't allow children to adhere to their religion and discuss their religion at school, then the school is being oppressive. Currently, there's a policy of teaching scientific theory as if it's all cut and dried...while leaving out the theory that there's an equally well supported theory that involves a creator. Christians don't mind the fact that theories or taught. It would just be nice if they were identified as theories, and if theories other than the teacher's pet theories be taught as well.
No, there is no such theory. I covered this in my last post. ID is a religious concept NOT A SCIENTIFIC ONE. It is NOT a valid theory AT ALL as it is not a theory. ID is a belief. There is no evidence for ID, there is no science behind it and there most certainly is no experimentation that can be carried out to prove or disprove it. It makes no valid predictions and does not account for observable fact other than to say 'that's how the creator created it.' ID has all the telltale signs of religion and ZERO science behind it. Hence why ID does not belong in schools.

Evolution is taught as a THEORY, not stone fact. Currently, there is no other theories that are better than the theory of evolution and that is why it is so prevalent. There is nothing that is SCIENTIFIC to compare it to and therefore nothing to challenge it. There are many holes in current evolutionary theory, most notably the Precambrian Explosion. That period of time is taught in schools and children are told that there is no real explanation as to why it occurred. That does not negate the whole theory. What these holes do show us is that evolution is incomplete. There is another difference in a scientific theory and ID, science does not claim to know all the answers.

Forum List

Back