Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

I like theists more than agnostics as they have a clear idea of where their mind is and what they believe in, but agnostics aren't really in the middle as they either lean towards theism or atheism more.
"Am I an Atheist or an Agnostic?"

As a philosopher, if I were speaking to a purely philosophic audience I should say that I ought to describe myself as an Agnostic, because I do not think that there is a conclusive argument by which one can prove that there is not a God. On the other hand, if I am to convey the right impression to the ordinary man in the street I think that I ought to say that I am an Atheist, because, when I say that I cannot prove that there is not a God, I ought to add equally that I cannot prove that there are not the Homeric gods.

—Bertrand Russell, Collected Papers, vol. 11, p. 91

Yeah, I get it. Your flawed interpretation of the Bible outweighs centuries of scholars who say otherwise.

Let me know how that works out for you.
My profound observation is based on the chronological order of events given in the bible. Adam was not separated from God by sin until Eve gave him the forbidden fruit to eat, so during the time BEFORE Eve existed Adam was without sin and one with God and ALONE.

And no scholars say anything about Adam being alone while he was without sin and one with God, because I am the only person in history to make that observation.

Please prove me wrong and link to the scholarship on the matter.
:lol:

No, really, let me check...nope, sorry, I still believe in God.

Let me know when you've convinced anyone to abandon their faith, mmmkay? :lol:
Gee, no scholarship on the matter, why am I not surprised?

When you can't argue the facts you always change the subject.
Again, you being a contrarian indicator, you don't believe in God, you only pretend to believe for political purposes only.

Yeah, I get it. Your flawed interpretation of the Bible outweighs centuries of scholars who say otherwise.

Let me know how that works out for you.
My profound observation is based on the chronological order of events given in the bible. Adam was not separated from God by sin until Eve gave him the forbidden fruit to eat, so during the time BEFORE Eve existed Adam was without sin and one with God and ALONE.

And no scholars say anything about Adam being alone while he was without sin and one with God, because I am the only person in history to make that observation.

Please prove me wrong and link to the scholarship on the matter.
:lol:

No, really, let me check...nope, sorry, I still believe in God.

Let me know when you've convinced anyone to abandon their faith, mmmkay? :lol:

Does a preist count as "anyone"?

Most athiests are better people than most christians or muslims. We don't like being lied to and hate seeing others lied to. I for one feel like organized religion degrades humans, misinforms and plays on that misinformation to make it appear that there is some kind of justfication for what otherwise would be considered a criminal fraud.

No one of sound mind choses to fall for religious bullshit. Children are indoctrinated before they have enough sense to reject doctrine for the fantasys they are. The humorous "converts" are the ones that turn to jesus when they are at a low point in their lives.. Ya that's a valid sell. HMMMmm....??? Let's see...suicide or Jesus??? You people kill me. I could start a better religion with monkeys.
Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an Atheist.
-- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Most athiests are better people than most christians or muslims. We don't like being lied to and hate seeing others lied to. I for one feel like organized religion degrades humans, misinforms and plays on that misinformation to make it appear that there is some kind of justfication for what otherwise would be considered a criminal fraud.

No one of sound mind choses to fall for religious bullshit. Children are indoctrinated before they have enough sense to reject doctrine for the fantasys they are. The humorous "converts" are the ones that turn to jesus when they are at a low point in their lives.. Ya that's a valid sell. HMMMmm....??? Let's see...suicide or Jesus??? You people kill me. I could start a better religion with monkeys.
Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an Atheist.
-- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

That is the heart of what I challenge.

Really, why?

If G-d doesn't exist then why do you spend soooo much time and resources writing books and movies, posting on message boards, etc... to slander a god that doesn't exist.

I mean really, why not divide your time between G-d and Santa Clause?

They probably feel it is just as important to spread their views as Christians feel it is to spread theirs. I don't know or care, as I am just an agnostic. Neither of their views hold interest for me.

A decent human tries to help others. I'll decide what a waste of my time is.

Putting down another's faith in an effort to "help" them is anything but help.

Not true.. I once talked a preist down..I helped him come to his senses....he quit religion and thanked me for the help.

Nice story but no one can bring someone to Christ nor can they take them away. Becoming a believer happens when the holy spirit moves one to make a commitment to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. It is an individual choice made by that one individual. That is the reason behind free will. If it makes you feel better to believe you helped someone get out of religion, go for it.
As I have stated many times, If I am wrong about God, Jesus and salvation, I have lost nothing by being a Christian, as my life has been great. If you are wrong...well an eternity is a long time.

The events described in Genesis are not real to all of us. Some of us don't accept that they could have happened, and just think it's a story. To argue about them would be like arguing about the Story of Goldilocks.

Or argueing about anything for that matter. Everyone has an opinion about everything. Doesn't mean they are right, nor does it mean that not believing in the Bible makes it untrue. It is either true or false regardless of your opinion of it.

The events described in Genesis are not real to all of us. Some of us don't accept that they could have happened, and just think it's a story. To argue about them would be like arguing about the Story of Goldilocks.

Or argueing about anything for that matter. Everyone has an opinion about everything. Doesn't mean they are right, nor does it mean that not believing in the Bible makes it untrue. It is either true or false regardless of your opinion of it.
It is false regardless of how strongly you believe in it, yes.

I'm not an atheist, Allie, but I do not believe there's an afterlife. I cannot tell you the peace this gives me. No angst about where the loved ones who have already died may be. None about where I am going. Knowing that eventually, all fear and anxiety will end.

So you are not interested in the truth. Only what makes you feel good?

I appreciate that your faith brings you happiness, and yes, I understand the desire to see others happy. But I think you err in believing that no one who does not share your faith has joy of their own, in their own beliefs. And you fail to take into account the loss and sadness we feel when you remind us that you and I are separated by a gulf of belief, and thus, cannot share some of life's most important moments.

I am happy to know that I am not leading anyone down the path to certain destruction and eternal hell. Yes, everyone can make their own choice, but I can't say I haven't let them know a better way.

What I want from christians is simple: I want to be respected and admired, if I am respectable and admirable. I want to be allowed to live as I wish, unmolested. I don't want to have to shove anyone over to raise my family as I wish.

I don't want to have to fear you.

It depends on what you define "fear" as.

Once again, ther question: if you want or need a seemless culture in which all things are as you wish, from a religion standpoint, christians everywhere in the US can have it. Why is it a problem then to coexist with us non-christians respectfully?

Because your terms "coexist" and "respectfully" are defined differently by you and I.

You define coexist as "shut up Christians while we say whatever we want" and my definition is "you say what you have to say and I'll say what I have to say."

And respect is only respect if I listen to you tear me apart and then praise you for it and then shut up once again.

I've not seen Madeline tell Christians to shut up. Truth is I don't feel as a non-Christian free to point out any political grievance I have with any Christian. Airing ones grievances is not Christian bashing.

And airing ones grievances against non-Christians is okay too, but Madeline seems to have a problem when Christians complain but doesn't mind spouting out about Christians.

I have the greatest respect for Christ's teachings. I never criticize the teachings of Christ, I speak about the actions of some extremists who claim to be his followers.

And then tie the extremists you are attacking with Christianity to attack Christianity.

Neubarth-- Will you die with a curse on your lips by saying ahh, I love you?

Christians, he's one of yours. You own him.

It is false regardless of how strongly you believe in it, yes.

Truth is truth regardless of what comes out of your mouth. Otherwise there would be no such thing as lies, and if no lies then the principles of noncontradiction would demonstrate how much of a fool you really are to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Putting down another's faith in an effort to "help" them is anything but help.

Not true.. I once talked a preist down..I helped him come to his senses....he quit religion and thanked me for the help.

Nice story but no one can bring someone to Christ nor can they take them away. Becoming a believer happens when the holy spirit moves one to make a commitment to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. It is an individual choice made by that one individual. That is the reason behind free will. If it makes you feel better to believe you helped someone get out of religion, go for it.
As I have stated many times, If I am wrong about God, Jesus and salvation, I have lost nothing by being a Christian, as my life has been great. If you are wrong...well an eternity is a long time.

True story. What do you think? Everyone is stupid except you? No one is born into this world pre destined to be a christian. They are indoctrinated and propagandised. Their is no god and no one gets saved by a guy that may or may not have existed 2000 years ago. You are either an idiot or a liar..lying mostly to yourself. Free will? PUUULLEEEZZZ!!! You think taking a child to a church where they are lead to believe they will burn in hell for eternity if they don't buy into your bullshit is free will? This is why I hate you willfully ignorant fucks. You are all liars. You are all perpetuating a fraud. What you are doing is unexcusable and cowardly. If you were so sure about your god and free will was so important you would allow no indoctrination untill your kids were of age where they could "come to jesus" by choice. FREE CHOICE MY ASS! Christians are liars and snakes.

Some people don't accept that the Holocaust happened or that we sent astronauts to the moon. Just because they don't accept those things doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Some people don't accept that the Holocaust happened or that we sent astronauts to the moon. Just because they don't accept those things doesn't mean they didn't happen.

There is a tad more actual evidense of the Holocost and the moon landing than the existance of God or what actually happened around the time of Jesus. Faith is not evidense.

American atheists lined up to be "de-baptized" in a ritual using a hair dryer, according to a report Friday on U.S. late-night news program "Nightline."

Leading atheist Edwin Kagin blasted his fellow non-believers with the hair dryer to symbolically dry up the holy water sprinkled on their heads in days past. The styling tool was emblazoned with a label reading "Reason and Truth."

Kagin believes parents are wrong to baptize their children before they are able to make their own choices, even slamming some religious eduction as "child abuse." He said the blast of hot air was a way for adults to undo what their parents had done.

Kagin doned a monk's robe and said a few mock-Latin phrases before inviting those wishing to be de-baptized to "come forward now and receive the spirit of hot air that taketh away the stigma and taketh away the remnants of the stain of baptismal water."

Ironically, Kagin's own son became a fundamentalist Christian minister after having "a personal revelation in Jesus Christ."

"One wonders where they went wrong," he chuckled to the TV show.

FOXNews.com - U.S. Atheists Reportedly Using Hair Dryers to 'De-Baptize'

Gee, no scholarship on the matter, why am I not surprised?
As if you'd accept anything I posted. Tell me why I should bother? Your yourself said you were the only person ever to discover your point :)lol:). I can't argue with that kind of arrogant pig-headedness.
When you can't argue the facts you always change the subject.
Again, you being a contrarian indicator, you don't believe in God, you only pretend to believe for political purposes only.
Speaking of arrogance...you really think you know what's in my heart from the words you see on your monitor. Do you really think you deserve anything besides ridicule? :lol:

Forum List

Back